Verified Expert in Finance
Sandeep has analyzed 1,000+ corporates and closed debt, equity, and M&A transactions of over $15 billion as a finance professional. After working for 20+ years in top-tier banks like Barclays, HSBC, and Standard Chartered, he now advises growth companies, leveraging his expertise in modeling, fundamental analysis valuation, and fundraising. As a seasoned problem solver, Sandeep has worked as a fractional CFO for startups, advised on early-stage funding rounds, and designed pricing models.
Pitch Book for Early-stage Financing (Receivable Financing Company)
Part-time Chief Risk Officer
Visolent India Pvt
- Served as a chief risk officer at Visolent, a fintech startup focusing on receivable financing for SMEs and assisting them in export markets, i.e., buyer profiling and export factoring.
- Developed a complete lending framework, credit policy, and customer gating criteria.
- Created a proprietary multivariate credit scorecard for credit decision-making.
- Collaborated with the technology team to develop an online lending platform that reaches credit decisions in 90 minutes, incorporating client onboarding and transaction processing.
Swiss Global Payment Startup
- Set up the accounting and finance function, including KPIs, payment system, and cash flow management.
- Developed product pricing, a framework for evaluating payment partners, and competitor benchmarking as part of a business strategy. Assisted in product development, ALM, and regulatory reporting.
- Developed the financial plan, pitch deck, funding plan, and cap table.
Fractional CFO and Valuation Expert
Trillium Beverages Pvt. Ltd.
- Streamlined the finance operations and prepared the company for growth and future fundraising.
- Built a dynamic business and financial plan, factoring in multiple scenarios and strategies. Operationalized the plan in terms of cost, workforce, and product launches.
- Analyzed existing business and operations, diagnosed critical gaps, and recommended future strategies.
Partner and Co-founder
- Founded a niche consulting outfit advising clients on sustainability, business, and financial strategy. Co-created sustainable business purposes, frameworks, and business models.
- Formulated a sustainable purpose, business strategy, and roadmap for a mid-sized building material company. Developed a five-year business plan and equity funding strategy.
- Provided consulting to M1xchange, a digital marketplace for financing receivables by banks and finance companies. Advised and assisted the company in developing its business strategy, partnerships, credit evaluation, and series A fundraising.
Group Executive Vice President
- Structured and executed transactions amounting to $1.2 billion across debt markets, project finance, equity financing, and M&A. Managed a book of $1.5 billion with an annual income of $25 million.
- Analyzed and created financial projections of companies across multiple industries, including consumer packaged goods, IT services, real estate, pharmaceutical, chemical, oil and gas, telecom, infrastructure, renewable energy, and technology.
- Advised a multi-country engineering company on business restructuring, including asset monetization, equity infusion, and conversion of debt into equity. The deal value was $125 million.
- Funded the acquisition of diversified assets by a family office of a leading Indian conglomerate, including renewable energy assets of 50 Mw, real estate assets of two million square feet, and distressed debt of a total deal value of $125 million.
HSBC, India (Global Banking)
- Managed a portfolio of leading multinational corporations (Hindustan Unilever, CLP India, Johnson & Johnson, and Holcim Group) for funding, trade, cash management, and other banking requirements.
- Participated in a $288 million syndicated external commercial borrowing to refinance high-cost debt for a 1.32GW power project. Coordinated with the project finance team for project evaluation, legal documentation, and execution of the transaction.
- Structured a cash management and supply chain solution across multiple locations and sales channels for a leading FMCG corporate. The solution enabled the corporate to reduce lead time by 20%.
Associate Director of Corporate Banking
- Developed the corporate banking business for Barclays in India as part of the initial team. Activated credit limits of over $300 million in two years.
- Promoted to the head of trade origination in my final year at the bank. Streamlined product offerings and built an import finance book of over $275 million.
- Structured offshore financing with a mix of quasi-equity and debt of $30 million for an overseas subsidiary of an Indian infrastructure company working on government projects in Algeria.
Senior Credit Analyst of Corporate Banking
- Developed, as part of the team, a product strategy for the bank's initial foray into the diamond and jewelry and higher education sectors, i.e., segmenting, deciphering key players, business models, formulating lending solutions, and risk mitigation.
- Served as a lead analyst providing financial modeling expertise and deal execution support for syndicated fundraising for a domestic airline. Facilitated the sale and leaseback of three aircraft and secured pre-delivery financing for five aircraft.
- Participated, as part of the deal team focused on local company valuation, financial projections, and local regulations, in a $135 million financing for the acquisition of a domestic beer company by the leading SABMiller group.
- Structured, as lead analyst, a capital requirement of $100 million for an emerging shipbuilding corporate through a mix of debt and equity. Assisted the group's private equity arm with equity investment.
Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Finance and Management
Xavier School of Management (XLRI) - Jamshedpur, India
Chartered Accountant (CPA Equivalent)
Institute of Chartered Accountants, India (AICPA Equivalent)