Verified Expert in Product Management
Brad has successfully architected, sold, implemented, and managed complex projects and products during his tenure. His experience has allowed him to work in and with multiple countries around the globe. With experience in online commerce, online marketplaces, and education, he has built and successfully managed teams large and small, on and offshore. He is a thinker and a doer and understands how to manage difficult projects.
Senior Vice President - Global Operations
- Defined and implemented repeatable processes to define business requirements, determine scope, and implement cross-border sales of various product categories on online marketplaces across the globe.
- Managed technical and operational resources to oversee client solutions involving multiple geographies, including Singapore Malaysia, Hong Kong, UAE, India, Australia, and USA.
- Negotiated and secured strategic relationships with third parties to provide global non-core services.
- Assisted in driving the product strategy based on client and market drivers.
- Oversaw the ongoing collection of desired internal and external platform features and functions; determined customer experience on various form factors (iPhone, tablet, PC, others).
- Managed the backlog grooming and Agile sprint delivery of desired features and functionality.
- Assisted in sales efforts with C-levels, including but not limited to relationship building, communicating value proposition, negotiating economics, and project definition.
- Provided strategic direction to global brands that desire to enter global markets, both via cross-border and in-country supply models.
- Developed business plans for investment, launch, and growth of clients.
Vice President - Global Teaching Resources
- Addressed areas of operational improvement while recruiting teaching consultants globally through the development of strategic partnerships with global teaching organizations.
- Built programs to support the recruitment of teaching consultants through the initiation of strategic partnership with leading teaching organizations around the globe.
- Identified multiple ways to improve the experience of teaching consultants during their tenure at iTG. These included, but were not limited to, methods of global payments for tutoring sessions, increased efficiencies in the recruiting and onboarding processes, and more.
Chief Operations Officer
- Created operational excellence in the organization by focusing on tools, processes, people, and procedures while also leading an initiative to drive excess cost out of the organization.
- Developed an offshore delivery model to support virtual instructor-led training for corporate learners of IT skills; determined a staffing model in accordance with current and future class scheduling requirements; negotiated contracts and implemented the solution which resulted in an approximate 55% cost savings in this particular area of the business.
- Oversaw a major an enterprise-wide cost reduction initiative focused on eliminating costs in all major areas of the business: facilities, human capital, and systems. The initiative yielded an overall cost savings of roughly 15% per annum.
- Initiated a retention program that consisted of a regular and repeatable onboarding program and training initiative; ensured all new hires received a consistent introduction to the company; included participation by all functional divisions of the organization; ensured ongoing training was both budgeted and delivered throughout the year; increased employee retention rates by 25%.
- Built and managed the consulting services organization before being tapped to build out the firm’s professional services offering.
- Grew the consulting services organization by 225% in ten months; incubated tools and processes to increase efficiency during initial phases of client engagement; managed a team of 27 direct reports who delivered consulting services to clients with annual online revenues between $20 and $650 million; participated in pre-sales activities to clients across multiple verticals; provided coaching and best-practices expectations to the full team.
- Developed and managed the professional services organization; responsible for a $10 million revenue target; managed the recruitment and direction of a team of 12 direct reports located in multiple geographies to develop, sell, and deliver hosting, application, and production support services to a variety of B2B and B2C clients across multiple verticals; negotiated relationships with industry-leading service providers to develop best-in-class solutions for current and prospective clients.
- Conducted C-level strategy sessions and negotiations with mid-market and IR 500 clients requiring systems implementations to support new and ongoing eCommerce channels and cross-channel initiatives. Determined scheduling of projects based on resource availability and client requirements and determined and managed the internal staffing of project delivery phases based on specific client needs and resource availability.
- Identified resource needs to support multiple implementations for a rapidly growing client base; developed, negotiated, and managed all strategic vendor relationships to ensure the resource pipeline would support immediate and future project needs. Negotiated outsourced and full-time contracts with technical resources and staffing vendors to support multiple simultaneous projects, and structured contractor roll-offs to minimize revenue leakage.
- Managed the ongoing use of cross-functional resources across multiple projects. Built an active project reporting process to support project health oversight, oversaw profitability on a per-project basis, and managed the delivery of project requirements based on negotiated timelines and requirements.
- Sold the service offering to a client base of existing and net new clients. Negotiated contracts and fee schedules; hired and managed a variety of skill sets across multiple geographies; and oversaw task assignments and schedules of all team resources. Provided customer support for high-volume online channels and monitored resource efficiency in accordance with financial objectives.
- Achieved $465,000 in cost annual savings by building a multi-regional team of on- and offshore resources located in three countries to support eighteen clients running various eCommerce platforms.
- Negotiated relationships with strategic partners to broaden managed services offering to include application and production support, hosting, eCommerce fulfillment and customer care services.
- Directed profitability of a multi-client base while managing the practice to a 65% gross margin; monitored service delivery against contracted levels of support; and developed and negotiated ongoing changes and one-off offerings to meet changing client demands.
- Achieved 40% reduction in time-to-hire by implementing systems, processes, and procedures to identify and proactively address current and near-term staffing needs; enabled a strategic vendor network to quickly support organizational recruiting needs.
- Increased recruiting production by 300%, developed a commission-based compensation model to incent recruiters, and designed and implemented an incentive plan to reward employees for new hire referrals.
- Built and implemented a resource allocation tool that allowed resource utilization visibility and management across the enterprise; drove increased profitability by reducing resource bench time by 20%.
- Implemented various programs for Perry Ellis to increase customer satisfaction and get the various online brands (PerryEllis.com, Cubavera.com, and OriginalPenguin.com) at parity with competitive offerings.
- Managed all facets of the contact center services for FAO Schwarz during the 2008 holiday season.
- Developed and implemented all order management, inventory management, order fulfillment, and customer service processes in support of VeraWang.com, an eCommerce bridal registry initiative for this luxury designer. The site successfully launched in June 2008.
- Worked with senior leadership to determine the best strategy (build, acquire, or outsource) to support GSI Commerce’s entry into the European market.
Director/Senior Operations Manager/Senior Project Manager
- Directed the successful pursuits of the company’s first three European Fortune 500 eCommerce clients.
- Outlined a new sales offering that expanded the sales coverage by 20%.
- Initiated a business development process that increased European prospecting visits by 25%.
- Managed localization efforts of European marketing activities to increase market penetration.
- Designed and implemented procedures and processes to align key performance indicators against client expectations; successfully increased order management and fulfillment service levels and KPIs to a consistent 98%.
- Realigned call center service levels and client expectations to more clearly reflect team performance; resulted in increased client satisfaction and a 99% achievement of contracted service levels.
- Oversaw a reduced time-frame (2 weeks) opening of a dedicated distribution facility to support warehousing and shipments of over-sized fitness items; oversaw the installation of IT infrastructure and personnel assignments as well as the implementation of common procedures.
- Managed a team who addressed daily tactical account issues while I worked with senior members of client organizations to outline longer-term strategic programs and direction. Hosted periodic business reviews with clients to evaluate past performance, working together with clients to identify additional ways our organization could bring value to their ongoing and future business activities.
- Managed on-time implementation of an eCommerce fulfillment and call center project: 150,000 SKUs, 250 call center seats, and $55 million in online sales.
- Implemented a Europe-wide eCommerce vendor sourcing solution enabling a Fortune 500 enterprise to increase product availability by 20% and decrease sourcing costs by 15%.
- Directed the implementation of a global order and production management engine for a Fortune 500 enterprise. Allowed increased visibility and flexibility of customer order management, resulting in increased customer satisfaction, faster production times, and reduced order costs.
- Developed a process for internal project managers to more efficiently share information on active and past projects; resulted in 30% time savings during the project development phase.
- Implemented a branded offering which improved flexibility and increased the amount of information to be shared with prospective clients; the idea was implemented company-wide.
- Championed projects aimed at increasing the availability of usable information across the enterprise; the various initiatives resulted in many-fold increases in efficiency. I was invited to present on these projects to a global internal audience four times per year.
- Developed a rapid response team structure specifically aimed at mega-deals (pursuits with a total contract value in excess of $1 billion). The initiative increased the efficiency of the project life cycle and reduced pursuit costs by 25%.
- Initiated cost-cutting measures resulting in operational cost savings of 30% per year.
Built and Managed Two Separate Professional Services Groups
Built an org to provide support to multiple high-transaction eCommerce sites and achieved $4 million run rate in 8 months.
• Sold the service offering to a client base of existing and net new clients; negotiated contracts and fee schedules; hired and managed a variety of skill sets across multiple geographies; oversaw task assignments and schedules of all team resources; and monitored resource efficiency relative to task estimates.
• Achieved $465,000 in cost annual savings by building a multi-regional team of on and offshore resources located in three countries to support eighteen clients running various eCommerce platforms.
• Negotiated relationships with strategic partners to broaden managed services offering to include application and production support, hosting, eCommerce fulfillment, and customer care services.
• Directed profitability of a multi-client base while managing the practice to a 65% gross margin; monitored service delivery against contracted levels of support; and developed and negotiated ongoing changes and one-off offerings to meet changing client demands.
Built Branded Implementation Methodology
Designed and implemented process and tools to consistently engage with clients, gather requirements, and deliver success.
We developed consistent swim lanes to be discussed with each client (integrations, data, marketing, social engagement, architecture, etc.). User stories in each lane were given forecasted time to complete based on variables (technical complexity, level of customization, etc.). All of this information was preloaded in templates in a tool. That tool was used for scoping and requirements gathering with clients.
Next, we divided the tasks into logical sprints, with review cycles at the end of each. This approach allowed us to gauge project status during the entire implementation, and allowed us to measure our effectiveness post each engagement.
The process (branded FoCUS) had three distinct phases: Formulate, Construct, Utilize, and Strengthen. It was very successful, and aided in the selling cycle when we could demonstrate we had a defined approach to client engagement and delivery.
BBA in Administrative Mangement
University of North Texas - Denton, TX