Verified Expert in Product Management
Mike has spent years launching and optimizing product experiences for leading SaaS companies, including FreshBooks and InVision. Highly skilled in analytics, user research, and product design, Mike was a founding member of InVision's growth team and has successfully implemented hundreds of product experiments to drive user activation, retention, and virality.
Principal Consultant and Owner
- Completed product growth, conversion rate optimization, and user onboarding audits for clients in the SaaS and eCommerce space.
- Crafted onboarding experiences and user lifecycle communications to drive product growth outcomes.
- Conducted in-depth user research to identify user needs and pinpoint sources of friction in the user journey.
Senior Manager, Product Growth
- Launched DuckDuckGo's viral growth objective, focused on accelerating DuckDuckGo's #1 growth channel.
- Optimized viral in-product content, leading to significant lifts in users feeling informed and motivated to spread DuckDuckGo to friends.
- Conducted extensive user research to identify online and offline viral growth opportunities.
- Founded Stridist, an all-in-one platform designed for fitness and nutrition coaches.
- Onboarded thousands of users, including coaches and clients, for early product refinement.
- Sold the business in 2021 and managed all aspects of the selling process.
Conversion Optimization and Growth Consultant
- Helped the world's best software companies uncover user insights that drive growth on web and mobile platforms through in-depth growth audits.
- Supported clients with ongoing conversion optimization and experimentation programs.
- Assisted clients in developing world-class growth stacks and trained in-house conversion rate optimization teams.
Head of Optimization/Product Manager, Growth
- Implemented growth strategies to drive user acquisition, activation, and engagement across InVision's core product.
- Launched personalized onboarding flows based on user personas and jobs to be done, leading to big wins across the entire funnel.
- Optimized product virality, making prototype sharing one of InVision's largest user acquisition channel.
- Designed and launched a world-class growth stack, ensuring proper integration of product analytics (Amplitude), client and server-side experimentation, and user lifecycle communications (Braze).
- Conducted non-stop customer research to uncover the key drivers of user acquisition and retention.
- Optimized the core product experience with rapid experimentation, focused on acquisition, retention, and virality.
Product Manager, Conversion Optimization
- Grew subscriptions through rapid, data-informed experiments.
- Ran 100+ A/B tests across the marketing website and product, with documented lifts ranging from 10% to 300%.
- Set up analytics integrations (Optimizely, Mixpanel, GA) to measure the impact of product experiments on user behavior.
Led a coordinated effort across product teams to evaluate the performance of InVision's newest platform in a test market.
This project required a coordinated effort across product teams to release the new platform as an early proof of concept, making sure to deliver an outstanding user experience to these early users.
The result was that we were able to gather valuable insights that helped the company prepare for a broader product launch in 2019.
InVision User Onboarding
Led the design and implementation of a brand new user onboarding experience for InVision.
After a user research deep-dive garnered valuable insights about the needs and intent of these users, we completely refactored the product's onboarding to ensure it wasn't just designers who were able to quickly grok the power of InVision's product collaboration platform. The result was a massive improvement in user activation and retention (a notoriously hard metric to influence) that helped an already fast-growing company grow even faster.
MBA in Marketing and Managerial Analytics
Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University - Chicago, Illinois, USA
Bachelor of Science Degree in Psychology
University of Toronto - Toronto