Verified Expert in Product Management
Travis is an accomplished startup founder, product manager, and leader with extensive experience creating, launching, and managing successful digital products across multiple industries. As an expert in product strategy, user research, and entrepreneurship with a passion for innovation, collaboration, and customer-centricity, he leverages data-driven insights to create competitive advantage and exceptional customer experiences.
Senior Product Manager
- Created the customer support vision, strategy, and roadmap, including automated appeasements and conversational AI support for customer service agents, 6,300 retail stores, and 13,600 daily mobile app users.
- Collaborated with cross-functional teams to optimize user journeys and implement improvements to the customer support experience (CX). This collaboration increased the net promoter score and reduced the cost per ticket for support issues.
- Led fraud detection refund reduction initiatives. Created real-time transaction screening, approving or denying automated refunds based on customer transaction and fulfillment data.
- Acted as a product manager, product owner, and scrum master in an eight-member Agile Scrum team comprised of React and Python developers, designers, and QA.
- Led chargeback reduction initiatives. Integrated transaction and fulfillment data with chargeback dispute service APIs to automate and streamline the chargeback dispute process.
- Leveraged Mixpanel, Microsoft Power BI, and Zendesk Explore to generate insights and support data-driven decisions from user data and customer feedback.
- Managed the end-to-end product process, including creating product requirement documentation, conducting market and user research, building roadmaps, writing epics and user stories in Jira, planning releases, and creating documentation in Confluence.
- Prioritized initiatives, epics, and stories based on the business strategy, return on investment (ROI), and level of effort (LOE).
Director of New Product Initiatives
- Built, supported, and coached a portfolio of three new product teams that operated in remote and hybrid work environments. These teams included product managers, designers, business analysts, QA, and onshore and offshore developers.
- Owned product research, vision, strategy, execution, roadmap prioritization, commercial business plans, go-to-market plans, contract negotiations, 3rd-party partnerships, vendor management, and P&L for four products.
- Collaborated with engineering and design teams on journey mapping, solution design, rapid prototypes, roadmaps, and development estimates.
- Collaborated with designers and product managers to conduct UX research, including competitive market research, focus groups, A/B testing, field studies, surveys, and interviews.
- Prioritized initiatives based on reach, impact, confidence, and effort score (RICE) and internal rate of return analysis (IRR). Prioritized features based on RICE and Kano models.
- Took responsibility for preparing and reviewing quarterly financial presentations that included financial ratios and metrics, revenue forecasts, resource plans, customer satisfaction scores (CSAT), market insights, and strategic plans.
- Led a next-gen re-platforming initiative focused on moving a legacy on-premise solution to the cloud.
- Created and led an internal incubator and accelerator program that leveraged empathy, design thinking, and lean startup methodologies to uncover market insights, develop validated business cases, and qualify sales funnels for new products.
- Created a customer co-innovation program leveraging on-site and remote collaboration that led to problem-solution fit, business plan validation, and a qualified sales funnel for multiple new products.
- Created and taught an "Ideation Bootcamp" open to all employees that evangelized customer centricity, design thinking, and lean startup concepts.
Founder and CEO
- Led a fleet tracking startup for passenger transportation through ideation, lean product development, launch, and growth across the United States. This idea went from 0 to 1 and achieved profitability in 24 months.
- Leveraged Google Analytics, Tableau, and Custom Dashboards to generate insights and support data-driven decisions. I was directly involved in data architecture, database management, and data warehouse strategy.
- Conducted UX research, created roadmaps, wrote epics and user stories, ran scrum ceremonies, including standup, backlog refinement, sprint planning, sprint review, and retrospective, and planned and QA-tested releases.
- Managed day-to-day operations while leading cross-functional team scrum and Kanban teams (18 people), including sales, marketing, design, Agile software development, customer support, and project delivery.
- Established a customer-centric product culture and vision that resulted in 98% customer retention and upsold contract values up to 220%.
- Maintained and reported on the profit and loss statement (P&L) to investors.
- Represented the business as a thought leader in numerous startup pitch competitions and industry events.
Product Manager and Intrapreneur
- Led a product team of business analysts, designers, software engineers, and mobile developers to interview stakeholders, then design and implement web and mobile solutions that improved customer experience by 90%.
- Used Lean Startup methodology and qualitative and quantitative analysis to prioritize features, validate business models and create product-market fit.
- Led UX design, product strategy, customer collaboration, full-stack Agile web and mobile development, and pilot project deployments.
- Collaborated across multiple teams, stakeholders, and organizations to lead the spinout of RideHop, LLC as a sister company of Quicken Loans.
- Selected as a participant in the National Science Foundation’s Innovation Corps (NSF I-Corps) startup incubator program.
- Created and implemented new roles, workspaces, processes, workflow automation, hardware, software, and 3rd party API integrations to create a 76% productivity gain that scales with loan volume.
- Drove multiple successful customer-facing and internal enterprise projects, including API integrations, workflow automation, middleware, back office tools, reporting, and full-stack web and mobile development.
- Participated in agile scrum teams using the SAFe model. Created PRDs, conducted research, created multi-year roadmaps, wrote epics and user stories, ran scrum ceremonies, and planned releases.
- Spearheaded the internal adoption of business analyst and project manager best practices.
- Selected for and participated in an internal leadership training and development program.
The City of Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Provided Tier 2 customer support for courts, police, and community TV as the system admin.
- Designed a court audio and video recording system to comply with state requirements.
- Designed and implemented a covert audio and video recording system for police interrogation rooms.
- Designed, sold, implemented, and supported CCTV, audio, and video system integrations and IT managed services for the university and government sectors.
- Coached and managed highly effective sales, installation, and application support teams.
- Designed and implemented remote video streaming solutions that allowed nursing students to view and replay nursing instruction from remote locations.
7-Eleven Omnichannel Platform Initiative
Increased the net promoter score (NPS) and reduced the cost per ticket for support issues.
Led the development and expansion of a B2B2C SaaS startup across the United States by growing the business from an idea to profitability in 24 months.
Innovation Program Leadershiphttps://www.trapezegroup.com/incident-management
Developed and led a corporate innovation program focused on design thinking and Lean product development, resulting in a 0-1 launch of a successful new product.
The journey began with the ideation boot camp, an employee-wide program designed to foster customer-centricity, design thinking, and lean startup concepts. This boot camp catalyzed generating ideas and identifying market opportunities. The initial insights and hypotheses for the RISC product came through this ideation program.
The idea was then transitioned through internal incubator and accelerator programs. These phases further nurtured the development of the RISC incident management tool. The collaborative efforts of cross-functional teams also ensured user feedback and market research incorporation into the development process.
Through these programs, the product underwent rigorous testing, validation, and refinement, resulting in validated business cases, a qualified sales funnel, and the successful transition from ideation to launch (0 to 1) for the new product.
Order Fulfillment Process Redesign
Led the design and implementation of a new mortgage fulfillment process, resulting in a 76% productivity gain that scales with loan volume.
Geospatial Targeted Marketing
Led the design and development of geospatial targeted marketing capabilities for B2C Android, iOS, and web apps.
iOT Mobility initiative
Led an iOT mobility startup from zero to one and achieved profitability in 24 months.
IoT-connected safety vest
Developed an IoT-connected safety vest to save rail worker lives.
Refund and Chargeback Reduction Initiative
Spearheaded an initiative that significantly curtailed the risk of refunds and chargebacks.
Undergraduate Coursework in Computer Science
University of North Texas - Denton, TX, USA
Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO)
Generative AI for Business Leaders
Change Management: Roadmap to Execution
Creating a Product-Centric Organization
Design Thinking: Understanding the Process
Design Thinking: Implementing the Process
Azure Administration Essential Training
The 4 Essential Roles of Leadership
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring