Organizational Change | Security and Migration
Reduced instances of ransomware and viruses by at least 50% and improved productivity by an estimated 10-15% across the company.
I led a team of three people through an eight-month project to migrate the company from the G Suite to the Microsoft infrastructure and level up organizational IT security and processes.
• Increased the size of the company's tool suite without increasing cost by standardizing and performing thorough cost analysis.
• Crafted the company's SharePoint policies, thereby improving the quality of company-wide deliverables through collaboration.
• Analyzed the entire company's security and central IT topology.
• Recommended a series of improvements that substantially increased offerings and capabilities. Delivered a unified endpoint management (UEM) solution and the Microsoft Suite for employees.
• Installed a UEM solution that allowed the company to reduce its attack surface and instances of ransomware, which had been a regular occurrence.
• Taught the project team how to think, analyze, communicate, and work efficiently; two team members had limited IT experience.
• Drove the reorganization and its new tools while remaining under budget for the project.
• Reorganized how users and central IT were managed with ITSM tools and standardized all IT policies and procedures.
• Trained users at the company on IT security.
Scrum Master for Wave Money
Ran multiple sprints for the Wave Money app, thereby improving acceptance of Scrum methods, increasing team velocity by 10%, reducing incomplete items in the sprint backlog by 50%, and focusing the team on adhering to the sprint goal.
I managed a sprint team of over ten developers and three product owners who were unfamiliar with standard sprint practices and ceremonies. I trained and laid the foundation for improved organizational management around standard Scrum methods. I instituted and facilitated all Scrum ceremonies and oversaw a steady improvement in the quality of development, velocity of the team, and company-wide knowledge of Agile best practices.
Documentum Repository for Oil and Gas Documentation
Designed and managed a project to deploy a document repository for an entire business unit, thereby reducing emergency response time by an estimated 25% and improving project discovery for new wells.
I led a project involving five analysts to organize a document cache of roughly 500,000 electronic and physical files at Chevron's Appalachian Mountain business unit. I designed the repository, recruited the analysts, and drove the project. The analysts were located in India and we conducted virtual daily stand-ups. We iteratively built out the repository, successfully moving all documentation into an intuitive system that allows emergency responders to find critical well information that's required to save lives. Chevron's project discovery for future wells was reduced as a result of more data being available.
Water Request Tool
Led a group of developers virtually to build and improve an internal water request tool, performed code reviews, designed the architecture, and facilitated the project. Reduced downtime of the tool from weekly to annual.
I performed technical project management and architecture tasks to deliver a project that reduced the lead time to get water to a well and improved reporting capabilities and logistics. The project utilized three components, a SharePoint front end to gather and process the data (using OOTB SharePoint tools and Web Parts), an SQL database, and a tool developed in-house for processing the data.
I took the lead in designing and developing the SharePoint and SQL database. For the in-house tool, I assisted the developer by performing code reviews. For the project as a whole, I designed the system architecture, applying enterprise best practices and industry standards.
Deployment of Energy Components to Nigeria
Delivered the critical Energy Components tool, performing customizations, testing, and training for all in-scope employees in Escravos, Nigeria. Standardizing the process for future deployments reduced the future workload by two to four weeks.
Energy Components is a hydfrocarbon accounting software used by oil and gas companies. All business units in Chevron were required to deploy it.
• Gathered all requirements from the employees in the Nigerian business unit, then translated the business needs into technical requirements.
• Performed user acceptance testing.
• Created templates and standardized some of the tools used across various Energy Component deployments, enabling future workload reductions.
• Conducted in-person training sessions in Escravos for almost two months.
Analysis of a Survey Tool
Performed a security, integration, and capability analysis of a survey tool used in oil and gas fieldwork. Discovered and resolved a contractual issue, reducing the cost of the tool by $300,000 per year.
A business unit had gone rogue and purchased a survey tool without involving IT in the decision process. I was tasked with ensuring it was the best tool for the job. During my thorough analysis, I discovered and resolved a contract issue, thereby reducing the cost of the tool by $300,000 per year. Additionally, I set up a series of SQL jobs to connect to and pull the data into our data warehouse, and I set up the tool to be supported in-house at the first level.
Data Modeling and Alert Creation for Permitting
Set up a series of alerts for the permitting team using Spotfire, thereby reducing fines by hundreds of thousands of dollars per year.
I uncovered the issue, led the project, performed all the analyses, and developed a series of reports for the permitting team. These reports allowed the permitting team to be more proactive in their activities on certain issues for which Chevron was getting hundreds of thousands of dollars in fines every year.