Senior Portfolio Delivery Manager2019 - PRESENTCharter Communications
- Oversaw the product delivery and release management for the Spectrum Mobile Account native mobile apps and the Spectrum Mobile web portal.
- Coordinated and implemented the dependency management between the front-end development teams, web services development team, QA, ProdOps, and PortalOps.
- Tracked and resolved identified risks, issues, and dependencies that could impact successful development and delivery of new software releases.
- Developed and maintained project schedules and management reports using SmartSheets, Jira, and Microsoft Project.
- Coordinated and facilitated the Scrum of Scrums ceremonies for the various Scrum teams working on the Spectrum Mobile products.
Agile Manager and Coach2018 - 2019Freelance Work (Independent Contracts)
- Managed and provided Agile coaching to on-site and off-shore software development teams.
- Conducted daily Scrum stand up meetings with the development team.
- Led client ideation and user experience workshops for customers implementing digital transformation.projects.
- Conducted Agile and Scrum overview training for business organizations new to Scrum application development.
- Provided training on how to write proper user stories, Scrum roles, how the Scrum sprint process works, and how to successfully conduct Scrum ceremonies (stand up meetings, sprint planning meetings, sprint reviews, and sprint retrospectives).
- Conducted UX design sprints on an iOS GIS application for a North American railroad.
- Created technical design documents from functional design documents for an SAP enterprise asset management implementation project.
Managing Consultant2015 - 2018IBM
- Managed a team of over 70 on-site and offshore staff, including iOS and Android developers, UX/UI designers, testers, business analysts, DevOps resources, support engineers, and solution architects for a Scrum Agile project.
- Managed six Scrum teams and provided coaching and mentoring to ensure understanding of and adherence to Agile principles.
- Managed the mobile application development team as part of a large enterprise digital transformation project utilizing the scaled Agile framework (SAFe) to manage a program consisting of 30 Scrum teams developing mobile and web applications as well as cloud-based microservices.
- Served as the first point of contact with clients to review performance, proactively mitigate issues and setbacks, and plan future development projects.
- Served as the scrum master for a distributed web development team creating software to help businesses comply with the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) requirements.
- Led design-thinking workshops for customers as part of the Apple-IBM alliance program.
Agile Consultant2014 - 2015Freelance Work (Independent Contracts)
- Provided Agile coaching and leadership to the team responsible for installing, configuring and deploying the SAP mobile platform for the CHS United SAP implementation project.
- Developed an end-to-end mobile enterprise strategy and landscape for a United SAP implementation at Central Harvest States Cooperative, Inc. (Minneapolis, MN) as a subcontractor to CapGemini.
Development Expert and Team Leader2012 - 2014SAP
- Acted as the Scrum master for the SAP mobile platform administration tool rewrite project.
- Led a distributed team of six web developers and testers.
- Conducted daily standup meetings, sprint planning meetings, sprint reviews, and sprint retrospectives.
- Designed, developed, and supported mobile web applications for the SAP mobile platform, including iOS and Android native applications, and HTML5 mobile web applications using jQuery, SAPUI5, and PhoneGap.
- Developed and delivered code examples, tutorials, white papers, and hands-on training courses for building and deploying native and hybrid mobile web applications to the SAP mobile platform.
Product Manager2002 - 2010Sybase
- Managed the global product, sales, and marketing for SAP PowerBuilder Enterprise, an industry-leading application development tool for creating desktop, web, and mobile applications.
- Worked as a technology evangelist for Sybase-packaged software products.
Principal Systems Consultant2000 - 2002Sybase
- Consulted on the enterprise application server's performance and tuning.