Verified Expert in Project Management
Jon is an experienced project manager, scrum master, and agile leader of 20 years spread across multiple industries. He has a strong passion for leadership, with significant experience in several delivery methodologies, including Agile, Waterfall, and iterative. He specializes in projects requiring flexibility and adaptability to overcome ambiguity. His most recent experience includes Agile Coaching and a Scrum of Scrums master in an established and thriving Agile transformation.
Project Manager 3
- Served as a scrum master for the digital transformation project which included re-writing the primary company website and implementing a customer portal.
- Mentored many junior project managers and was responsible for teaching project management principles and providing on-going leadership advice.
- Created and facilitated agile awareness training for several hundred IT employees.
- Led a large rating engine project responsible for implementing a new rating optimization tool.
- Managed multi-million dollar projects with teams averaging 20-30 members.
North Central State College
- Taught Intro to Project Management to undergraduate students who are pursuing their associate degrees in Information Technology.
- Created the syllabus that explains the curriculum.
- Guided students through project work as well as realistic project management expectations.
- Developed the course material, including large projects and small fun learning exercises.
- Graded weekly assignments, projects, and essays.
Lead Technical Project Manager
- Served as Program Manager over-seeing multiple programs, projects, and applications.
- Led an organizational-wide Root Cause Analysis process to identify the key areas for improvement and recommend solutions.
- Served as a trainer for the new Software Engineering Process (SEP) to train all Program Managers and Application Project Managers within the organization.
- Utilized SDLC methodologies to manage IT Application Development projects including design, development, testing, and deployment.
- Oversaw all phases of project management throughout the software development lifecycle from initiation through lessons learned including but not limited to: requirements gathering, budget management, resource allocation, design, implementation, and testing.
IT Project Manager
- Managed cross-functional teams responsible for IT Infrastructure projects, including hardware implementation, network connectivity, and server management.
- Facilitated Phase Gate reviews with senior management and project stakeholders.
- Leveraged PMI methodologies to accurately define project requirements and minimize risk impact.
- Primary manager for international merger, acquisition, and divestiture infrastructure projects.
- Served as the IT Project Manager for a 15 million dollar government compliance program.
Senior Project Manager
- Managed local infrastructure and software development projects.
- Planned, directed, and managed designated revenue generating.
- Managed the payroll for up to 15 vendors and eighty field installers.
- Supervised six to eight direct reports responsible for managing all field installation projects throughout the United States.
- Authored and edited eight standard processes and procedures and participated in quality audit document implementations.
Westfield Digital Transformationhttps://www.westfieldinsurance.com/
Led the re-write of the primary company website, as well as adding portal functionality which expanded customer visibility.
Release 1 scope was primarily focused on the company website re-write. The company was in the middle of launching a new brand, and the re-write was critical to accurately reflect the brand voice as it was the first external promotion of the new brand. This included extensive user experience research, design, content writing, development, and testing.
Release 2 scope centered around the customer portal experience, which included the functionality to view a bill, pay a bill, view claims status, print insurance card, and view policy.
The final aspect of the complexity was the delivery method. The digital transformation was the first formal agile project at Westfield. This included a large amount of process creation, team adaptation, and executive counseling.
North Central State College - Introduction to Project Management Course
Successfully created a college level course for introducing undergraduate students to project management.
The course was built from beginning to end, including finding the appropriate textbooks, building the grading scale, development of the class projects, and finding in-class teaching materials.
The course is taught using 3 primary tools in order:
2. Implementation Examples
3. Practical Application
Over the last 4 years, over 80 students have completed the course.
Cardinal Health RFID Implementation
Managed the hardware component of the RFID implementation to track prescription drugs and keep them in safe hands.
This included managing the hardware upgrades of multiple warehouse operation systems.
The project was successfully managed and delivered on-time and on-budget.
Rating Engine Implementation
Delivered the Rating Engine Auto Implementation, providing insurance agents with a new rating tool.
The "Ratabase" tool was purchased, and this project included the implementation of all 10 auto states and migration to the new tool.
This involved leading a team of 20-30 resources while managing a 7 million dollar budget.
The team was encouraged to think and react differently while the schedule was successfully pulled in 3 months and the budget was still met.
Master's Degree in Business Management
Ohio Dominican University - Columbus, Ohio
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration
Ohio Dominican University - Columbus, Ohio
Project Management Professional (PMP)
Project Management Institute (PMI)