Software Project Manager2020 - 20205MinuteMondays
- Architected a learning management system intended to educate workers in occupational safety.
- Managed the agile build-out of the system using Python and Django as the technical stack.
- Added online payment capabilities by integrating with Stripe.
Software Project Manager2019 - 2019PeerStream, Inc.
- Managed software projects for a 50-strong development organization with a full suite of Windows, MacOS, Android, and iOS apps for a global online video community.
- Served as a one-person project management office (PMO).
- Created a schedule in Microsoft Project detailing activities for the next 12 months, highlighting task dependencies between teams.
- Formalized and streamlined processes and workflows in Jira and GitLab.
- Liaised with the business intelligence department to create real-time dashboards with company-wide analytics.
- Helped create a culture of transparency and teamwork with offshore teams.
Chief Technical Officer2016 - 2018Amlab.me
- Built a learning management system with eCommerce capabilities from scratch in Python/Django.
- Served as a system architect.
- Developed a customer portal with in-house CRM implementation, administrative portal, and a reporting dashboard.
- Introduced and matured Scrum as the development workflow.
- Established DevOps and CI/CD practices with GitLab and Docker.
Co-founder/Software Project Manager2015 - 2016Strategway
- Developed the foundations of a start-up company that tried to reinvent urban public transportation planning based on BigData and artificial intelligence.
- Defined company's path to the MVP.
- Conducted discovery workshops with potential clients.
- Handled all aspects of project delivery, hiring staff, eliciting requirements, and developing algorithms.
- Managed the creation of an Android mobile app.
DevOps Engineer2014 - 2015Kohl's
- Guaranteed DevOps support for an international, geographically-distributed 250+ strong development team working around the clock.
- Deployed Java code in the Oracle ecosystem in VMware cloud.
- Collaborated with the release team by preparing artifacts and guides for production deployments.
IT Consultant/System administrator2010 - 2014Self-employed
- Maintained back office systems of an international logistics company.
- Created a custom Linux distribution for a network of air quality measurement stations.
- Helped a computer animation studio choose and buy a supercomputer for their motion graphics rendering.
System Administrator2002 - 2009St. Petersburg Polytechnic University
- Performed system administration of four high-performance cluster supercomputers.
- Provided technical support and user training for scientists.
- Ensured 24/7 operation of computing, storage, and network equipment in the data center.