Process Improvement Consultant2020 - 2020Not Disclosed
- Reviewed and documented the client's current sales and operations processes, then proposed and drove process changes to improve efficiency and transparency.
- Reviewed tooling options for project management and sales teams. Defined requirements, assessed options and led selection for tools such as: Salesforce and HubSpot (Sales); Notion, Asana, Monday, Podio (PM), Zoho, Freshdesk, and Dynamics 360 (all).
- Drove fundamental changes to the usage of Wrike for project managers (e.g., workflow automation).
- Defined the executive team’s product improvement and new product innovation process.
- Created and populated a company-wide wiki to improve knowledge transfer and company communications.
Delivery Consultant2019 - 2020YLD
- Delivered MVP for B2B SaaS in the finance sector; led an embedded YLD/client development team to deliver a successful MVP over ten weeks as the agile coach and delivery lead. The client commissioned an additional six-month team extension.
- Led discovery for a new publishing client. Performed two weeks of analysis of issues on their incumbent project. Uncovered several approaches to accelerate development. The client engaged YLD to support them for the remainder of the project.
- Optimized operations further for YLD. Developed a company dashboard with objectives, metrics, and targets; agreed and disseminated with the leadership team. Further improved internal communications. Proposed changes to Sales CRM.
- Delivered RFP/new business. Led the new business team in complex, documentation-intensive responses, including creative concepting, work schedule, and budget planning for one-year delivery, and compliance with legal and procurement requirements.
- Coached C-suite team members, helping to clarify and enact change.
Project Director2019 - 2019AKQA
- Coached and managed the project for a location services client based in Germany.
- Led the remote development team in Poland as scrum master using classic agile scrum, while working concurrently with the design and UX team in London using the kanban approach for design system setup.
- Delivered a Drupal upgrade in less than the two months allocated.
- Tooling configuration and setup: Jira for development teams; Abstract and Zeplin with InVision and Sketch for design/UX teams.
Delivery Consultant2018 - 2019YLD Consultancy
- Defined the delivery process; created all the necessary documentation, lifecycle, playbook, templates, roles and responsibilities, checklists and supporting sales assets.
- Identified issues and optimized operations; introduced a company-wide wiki and new resource management tools. Developed a balanced scorecard at the request of the CEO.
- Delivered projects; delivery lead for an existing large corporate SaaS client, completed MVP and agreed a 6-month team extension. Also delivered new business with a gambling company, heading the intensive 2-week discovery/project initiation.
Delivery Director2013 - 2018Potato
- Managed a wide range of projects. Led and delivered complex design and build projects from the initial RFP/estimation, to post-project review. Typical projects had team sizes of five-ten, for a 6-12-month engagement with the main client, Google.
- Coached and led the project management team. Managed risk and monitored the health of budget, scope, and timelines across up to 50 concurrent projects. Improved tools and practices to support quality delivery.
- Identified opportunities and managed relationships with senior stakeholders at Potato’s main client, Google, growing the account by 200%. Acted as the first point of contact/escalation.
- Mentored and coached teams. Line manager for senior team members in UXD/development; line manager for whole project management team. Achieved team growth from 30 to 100+ with low staff turnover <10%.
- Defined and improved processes, tools and practices to enable quality delivery across the multi-million portfolio of 50+ projects across all disciplines. Led and line-managed operations team of four, supporting the 100-strong wider team.
- Defined and documented processes such as resource management, project management, and sales playbooks.
- Defined and improved reporting and the actions from the reports such as resource utilization, project budget/schedule analysis, sales/revenue forecast, pipeline management, and team planning.
Project Director2012 - 2013MRM McCann
- Delivered almost £1 million of work over several months as the contract project manager.
- Launched the first ever Vauxhall mobile site, built on AEM CMS.
- Led a complex data integration project, co-coordinating many third-parties and senior client stakeholders.
- Reskinned and rebranded the existing Vauxhall site of several hundred pages within a fixed deadline of three weeks.
Head of Digital2011 - 2012Canteen Consulting
- Slashed project overages by 85% by improving the project management processes and estimation.
- Grew the digital account portfolio by 30%, working directly with senior clients such as Unilever and Duplo.
- Defined digital processes and trained the wider non-digital, non-agile agency in how to work with digital agile teams. Created templates and tools to improve delivery–source control, estimation templates, and many other elements.
- Recruited new staff (20% growth). Improved efficiency by 10% by training non-digital staff to do some digital work.
Freelance Project Manager2010 - 2011Various Agencies
- Delivered a complex Umbraco CMS/data migration project, £500,000-£1 million range, for a Wunderman Automotive client, Jaguar Land Rover.
- Project managed a complex Flash financial modeling project, £500,000-£1 million range, for MRM McCann for a financial services client.
- Delivered Sitecore CMS and a large eCommerce build; £500,000-£1 million range, for TulloMarshallWarren's charity client, Marie Curie Cancer Care.
- Managed Flash/Unity online game activation toolkits; £100-£500,000 range, for OgilvyAction's telecommunications client, Vodafone.
Operations Director2007 - 2010iris Worldwide
- Optimized process, tools, and templates for the digital team of up to 80, covering: project management, resource management, utilization analysis, new business/business development, estimation, sales pipeline planning, and revenue forecasting.
- Completed hands-on delivery for some of the more complex projects for clients such as Lucozade and Sony.
- Line managed the project management team and drove quality throughout the project management process on all projects.
- Grew the company from 20 to 80 over two years in the new digital arm of a wider integrated agency.
Senior Project Manager2003 - 2007MRM McCann
- Delivered a wider range of projects as the senior project manager for this large online marketing agency. Clients included HP, MSN, UPS, and RBS Group. Budgets up to £500,000 per annum. Projects ranged from games, widgets, OLM, eCRM, and site builds.
- Deputized as head of project management. Defined and improved project management processes, recruited and trained staff, and created documents, tools, and templates for the wider project management team to use.
- Initiated and delivered internal operations improvements in areas such as resource management.