Director of Delivery and Engineering2019 - 2020Book4Time, Inc.
- Responsible for establishing effective project delivery principles and structure within the engineering and product departments during a high growth phase in order to promote effective and efficient execution.
- Led 12 large B2B project initiatives from requirements to release using Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, and/or Scrumban) across four parallel teams and product lines.
- Recreated and redesigned Jira and Confluence entities (workflows, screens, forms, permissions, templates, and so on) and projects to streamline and align the project management methodology instilled at the company.
- Introduced the concept of technical roadmaps to plan for short and long-term technical initiatives with the goal of uncovering technical uncertainty which would lead to successful projects.
- Led the project and program management transformation across cross-functional teams such as product, engineering, customer success, support, sales, and marketing to ensure that teams deliver customer value based on prioritized customer commitments.
- Spearheaded a multi-phased transformation from “doing Agile” to a “being Agile” mindset while defining a squad/pod type project delivery framework.
Director of Delivery and Engineering2017 - 2019Norton Lifelock
- Responsible for leading the program, project, and engineering teams while executing on over ten concurrent projects.
- Led large cross-functional collaboration initiatives that would enable and pave the path for a unified cybersecurity application, aimed at increasing customer base 10-fold.
- Worked hand in hand with leadership to strategize, plan, and prioritize roadmaps and projects/programs.
- Managed the program forecast and budget while optimizing operations to reduce cost.
- Oversaw and managed external and internal partners/vendors for integration with the products.
- Oversaw over 25 projects and releases over a 1.5-year period—ensuring the execution of the product and technical roadmap and leading to a year-over-year double-digit increase in the revenue and user base.
- Led the alignment of Agile values and practices across global engineering, product, marketing, and business development teams during a highly visible cybersecurity enterprise program delivery.
Director of Delivery and Engineering2014 - 2017SurfEasy, Inc.
- Responsible for leading the end-to-end project delivery of world-class software applications in the cybersecurity space.
- Guided the project delivery from ideation/discovery, design, development, QA, and post-production operations across 12+ products and 6+ platforms resulting in over 60 successful project releases.
- Responsible for growing and leading a highly ownership-oriented Agile project and engineering team.
- Managed external and internal partners/vendors for integrations with the products.
- Managed outsourced development deliverables according to scope and time plans across PST, EST, European, and Asian time zones.
- Led successful Agile adoption and transformation of the organization by assessing initial state and creating a strategic roadmap with leadership, stakeholders and teams to incorporate fundamental Agile values and principles.
Agile Project Manager2013 - 2015Architech Consulting Services
- Led and directed daily operations of multiple projects, ranging of 10-15 Agile team members.
- Managed $15+ million-dollar projects against business requirements and delivery metrics.
- Partnered with telecommunications and government transportation clients to understand their business needs and identify and prioritize their project requirements to develop and manage a project backlog.
- Identified, managed, and mitigated project risks, including tracking projects against metrics and preparing client reports, client communication, and presentations while managing product scope and controlling scope during the development.
- Facilitated effective Agile team meetings including standups, sprint planning, retrospectives, and demos while successfully managed the sprint backlog and key project elements (risks, scope, budgets, and schedules).
- Liaised between the client and the project team to ensure user stories/acceptance criteria are clearly defined, understood, and implemented successfully.
- Worked closely with a team of Agile project managers to define and refine tools and templates that track, monitor, and forecast delivery metrics.
- Spearheaded the adoption of Agile practices and values across product and engineering teams for Architech's SMB and enterprise clients during client engagements.
R&D Agile Development Manager2011 - 2013Complete Innovations, Inc.
- Managed and directed daily operations of a 25-person research & development organization with full accountability for team performance, goals, KPIs, best practices, and a budget of $2.5 million.
- Executed and maintained a resource plan, effectively allocating people, time, processes, and systems to deliver on multiple enterprise-level customizations and implementation projects using Scrum and Kanban.
- Led strategic planning processes to assess, change, implement, and continually evolve and improve the Agile development and project management processes.
- Managed outsourcing activities and maintained remote communication with developers; collaborated with cross-functional project teams to access, address, and resolve development, deployment, or support issues.
Scrum Master | Senior R&D Developer2007 - 2011Complete Innovations, Inc.
- Introduced, led, and incorporated Agile methodologies across the organization, including all training/development and process improvement initiatives in order to effectively manage projects of various scale.
- Successfully managed and released mission critical enterprise asset tracking solutions, servicing over 10K clients globally - on time and on budget using Agile methodologies.
- Credited with driving projects, processes, increasing visibility (transparency into the process), and overall improvements, which led to record sales and product line profitability gains.
- Led Scrum ceremonies and activities such as sprint planning, standups, retrospectives, risk analysis, team charters, product backlog, story-grooming sessions, pair programming, and TDD to manage projects from discovery to delivery.
Senior Engineer | Business Analyst2004 - 2007Complete Innovations, Inc.
- Managed and led complex projects through the SDLC process, ensuring project scope and deliverables were within timelines, budgets, and quality standards to meet customer needs.
- Successfully led and managed a large-scale implementation with an enterprise transportation and logistics client, valued at over $500,000 to the annual budget.
- Paved the path to incorporate Agile as a framework to enable success to project management.