Founder | Agile Consultant2015 - PRESENTAnthony Software Group LLC
- Founded this software engineering consultancy to meet the needs of organizations transitioning technology units to adopt Agile methodologies.
- Provided management consulting services that enabled organizations to create Agile adoption strategies, coach Agile teams, oversee DevOps implementation and expansion, and train staff on Scrum, Jira Administration, and Scaled Agile Framework.
- Created a team of three digital marketing professionals to create and manage the company's web and social media presence, and provide video and podcast production assistance.
- Implemented Zoho CRM and Zoho Books to manage company-customer relationships and billing needs. Later transitioned Zoho Books to QuickBooks Online.
- Delivered Jira Cloud Administration training sessions for a US government contractor.
Consultant2018 - 2020Verizon Wireless
- Reduced defect-resolution costs by designing key metrics enabling teams to prioritize based on value; attained more predictable product quality by establishing, capturing, and reporting DevOps metrics.
- Used Python, MongoDB, Jira, and Confluence to implement and validate my objectives-&-key-results strategy to quantify cost savings and process improvements.
- Coached three scrum masters and four release train engineers representing 23 SAFe Scrum teams.
- Implemented enterprise release planning, and inspect-&-adapt practices which improved test cycle effectiveness and product quality by expanding testing capacity without increasing resources.
- Eliminated resource conflicts by creating a data model and schedule to allocate testing asset inventory; this schedule proactively mitigated cross-team impediments while exposing dependencies ahead of problems.
Consultant2016 - 2017Sirma Cognitive Consulting
- Teamed with the CEO and sales director to establish this Bulgarian company’s US consulting and product delivery practice.
- Prepared proposals, presentations, and product demonstrations as part of the sales process to large clients including Procter & Gamble, Bank of America, and The Intercept.
- Implemented Scrum with Kanban to manage product customization, customer requirements, and product delivery from the development team in Bulgaria to US clients.
- Implemented Jira & BitBucket Cloud to manage communications between client, management, and offshore development team; managed client backlog, wrote JUnit test scripts, and used Test-Driven Development (TDD) for user acceptance in BitBucket workflow.
- Managed product discovery for Procter & Gamble in order to capture and document project vision, objectives, key results, and user stories; worked with the development team to create the MVP.
- Implemented the project management strategy used to ensure reliable product and value delivery to clients. Collaborated with clients so the strategy met their needs, and ensured the offshore team understood any deviation from core practices.
- Created real-time status reporting with information radiators using Jira, thus eliminating the need for periodic reports and creating flexible communication between development teams and stakeholders.
Lending System Architect2015 - 2016Principis Capital
- Led the creation of a proprietary business lending platform, reported to the CEO, and instituted the Scrum framework with Kanban and DevOps platform while serving as a scrum master.
- Coached the CEO on how to be a product owner while defining user stories, business rules, and compliance requirements to automate applicant processing and underwriting.
- Completed product discovery, goals, objectives, requirements, and user experience design for the lending platform.
- Hired and managed a Scrum development team; prepared an RFP, selected, negotiated terms, and engaged an Agile software development partner in Ukraine.
- Established development standards, practices, and workflows; installed and configured Jira and Confluence servers, a BitBucket (Stash) source code server, and TeamCity for build management. Created workflows to integrate internal and external code.
Vice President2012 - 2014JP Morgan Asset Management
- Helped the transition to Scrum and served as a scrum master to the team responsible for designing the automated testing and CI/CD platforms for a $1 trillion global trading platform. This team became the model for the full 65-member team transformation.
- Led the team that implemented Jira and Confluence Servers, Jenkins, and Subversion as the portfolio management system's first continuous integration (CI) platform. Created integration and testing workflows and automated pre-release validation.
- Designed product features; the flagship product was a major investment scenario analysis module that allowed analysts to compare the impact of various portfolio changes when adjusting positions while maintaining compliance.
- Designed user interaction, documented specs, defined performance criteria, and validated that deliverables created expected outcomes before presentation to stakeholders.
- Refactored scores of major C# .NET modules into testable components and automated testing processes. Designed the release management process by automating system build, test, and deployment with Subversion, MS Test, Jenkins, Jira, and Confluence.
- Designed and implemented memory management and code optimization strategies to assure the system optimally handled over 1 million daily investment transactions; also refactored multi-threaded C# .NET components from DLL code to stateless processes.
- Guided the system team’s epic and story creation, established non-functional requirements for the development teams, and managed the release process product backlog.
Director of Application Development2004 - 2011GoldenTree Asset Management
- Reported to the chief operating officer and served as an enterprise architect and director of development. Directed a cross-functional team of over 15 software engineers, business analysts, and project managers.
- Contributed to the firm’s growth by rapidly automating strategic business processes; proactively defined, reported, and addressed IT performance KPIs.
- Designed and created multiple software products, including portfolio what-if analysis, rules-based regulatory compliance validation, fixed income pricing analysis, foreign exchange hedging, daily portfolio pricing, and transaction auditing.
- Collaborated with the chief investment officer, chief financial officer, portfolio managers, and head traders to design portfolio management, investment analysis, and client accounting operations products.
- Created RFPs, selected vendors, negotiated contracts, and implemented vendor management procedures.
- Formed and staffed a program management office to centralize direction and control of all IT projects, ensure practice consistency, and meet business expectations.
- Met the needs of the firm as it expanded its investment strategies to include quantitative analysis by forming a quant tech team while collaborating with investment analysts to manage requirements and verify that outcomes met business expectations.