WordPress Developer2018 - 2018PCS Share (via Toptal)
- Integrated WordPress and BuddyPress APIs to provide a client with a required functionality.
- Implemented updates and feature enhancements to a legacy codebase including custom theme and plugins.
Senior Front-end Developer2017 - 2017Southern Cross Austereo
- Developed and implemented several feature enhancements for the HIt and Triple M networks including geo-location detection, campaign monitor integration, Facebook Instant Articles, and Google Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP).
- Built a Node.js app that queries AWS using the Amazon Web Services Software Development Kit (AWS SDK) library and displays a dashboard of our EC2 Instances and Route 53 definitions.
- Implemented TypeScript and ES6 using SystemJS to build a modern, strongly-typed, reliable framework used throughout the Hit and Triple M networks.
- Designed and built out version 2.0 of the in-house digital radio player APIs.
Lead Front-end Developer2016 - 2016Competitor Group, Inc.
- Provided recommendations for enhancing and optimizing the development process and introduced a more Agile development process by working closely with the design and editorial teams to establish agreed upon deliverables.
- Assisted the design and editorial team in creating a more user-centered design by using and applying UX best practices including a responsive design, mobile-first development, consistent iconography/design, ARIA roles, and user testing.
Senior Software Developer2014 - 2016National Basketball Association
- Architected a high-availability WordPress multisite platform hosted on the Amazon Web Services Platform (AWS) for optimal reliability and scalability. The platform integrates a variety of sophisticated technologies to serve content for several of the NBA's most highly visible properties.
- Developed highly customized and deeply integrated WordPress themes and plugins for the NBA which communicate with various tiers and data sources such as the NBA Replay Center website which automatically ingests and publishes replay videos within minutes of broadcast for the public to review and analyze.
- Led the development, migration, and relaunch of the NBA D-League's league and team sites. The fully responsive redesign marked a first for major league sports and was honored by the 2015 Webby Awards for Best Home Page.
- Advocated for and supported the introduction of a modern continuous integration processes and established new coding standards based on industry best practices and personal experience working with WordPress.
Web Developer2012 - 2014Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
- Assisted in the supervision and mentoring of 30 student interns, six of which directly reported to me and assisted in day-to-day updates of the main departmental website and development of new websites.
- Built a WordPress LDAP authentication plugin that was integrated with the built-in WordPress logic to control user access.
Freelance Web Developer2010 - 2014Tisha Creative
- Transformed multiple high-fidelity comps into fully functional WordPress driven websites for the firm's clients.
- Developed numerous side projects such as coding out static websites, creating email templates, and some intermediate server ops tasks.
- Created two unique WordPress filtering plugins that leveraged the capabilities of Backbone.js and jQuery to create a dynamic user interface that allows users to quickly find the content they are searching for.
- Reverse-engineered a real-time bus tracking application using open-source mapping APIs and a proprietary GPS tracking API in order to embed a real-time transit overlay on the hMAG website.
Web Developer2011 - 2012Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
- Developed Joomla-driven websites for several university departments and offices utilizing a custom-built Joomla template that harnessed the framework’s dynamic content capabilities to reduce the amount of time spent on the design and development of new and updated websites.
- Reviewed the existing project management process and implemented a more structured workflow to standardize the process and make it more efficient; this included developing a new starter template which included the necessary HTML, CSS, PHP, and XML files to create a new Joomla website.
- Supervised a student intern who designed web banners and made content updates for departments who did not have someone on staff capable of making the changes themselves.
Associate UX Lead2010 - 2011Hachette Book Group
- Developed the look and feel of a proprietary content management application by modifying the HTML within the Django templating framework and leveraging the power of CSS and jQuery.
- Created a highly customized WordPress driven eCommerce website that integrated directly with PayPal and the company’s content management application via a JSON API.
- Utilized my user experience and design knowledge to consult on an internal business-to-business website which was in the planning and design stage.