Alonso Ayala Ortega
Verified Expert in Engineering
Alonso is a professional software engineer with over ten years of experience creating highly maintainable software products. He's a seasoned full-stack developer with test automation experience. Thanks to great communication skills and a keen eye for specification analysis, Alonso delivers bug-free solutions that 100% meet the client's requirements.
Continuous Integration (CI), Behavior-driven Development (BDD), Docker
The most amazing...
...project I've created is a market engine that integrates multiple technologies, including a framework that runs E2E acceptance tests.
- Created an E2E testing framework using behavior-driven development.
- Built a tool to upload multiple users using Node.js streams and functional programming.
- Developed a vehicle booking module using RESTful services.
- Led in improving quality by introducing BDD tests and TDD techniques.
- Built a vehicle searching module by evaluating and parsing XML responses from Travelport.
- Created a man-in-the-middle tool to mock responses from third-party web services to run stress tests.
- Improved the traveling tool's seat selection process.
- Fixed complicated bugs utilizing Node.js and PostgreSQL.
- Built a tool using React and Mapbox to visualize a nondeterministic functionality of airport geo-location searching that helped reduce availability errors by 68%.
- Added functionality to modify hotel reservations which reduced the number of support calls by 76%.
Senior Software Engineer
- Managed multiple microservices using gRPC and proto3.
- Implemented new features and fixed bugs using Java 8 and Spinnaker.
- Ramped up quickly in my first week to implement new features.
Full-stack Software Engineer
- Created a continuous deployment workflow using Docker, Heroku, and Nginx.
- Developed an automated framework for E2E testing that ensured that everything kept working well after changes and code refactorings.
- Created the system's admin portal using React and implementing multi-factor authentication.
- Converted the starting Node/React project into a production-ready solution using Docker, Heroku, and AWS.
- Maintained code for the insurance solution using Node, React, and MongoDB.
- Created a scheduled task for exporting information using Node.js.
- Dockerized the application services to get a better code development experience.
- Created responsive home web pages for insurance products using modern CSS.
- Created an elastic IP proxy with AWS/Nginx to overcome Heroku’s dynamic IP issue.
- Created a module to connect to a currency trading exchange using concurrent algorithms.
- Created and improved integration tests, which helped us verify the quality of the application.
Sabre Airline Solutions
- Created automated acceptance tests using a homegrown API client framework, AssertJ, and Hamcrest.
- Created a Cucumber/BDD project that helped business analysts create auto-verifiable specifications.
- Helped the QA team finish their testing plan for some of the released versions of the system.
- Delivered 100% bug-free solutions for a REST API module that consumes data from internal and external web services and produces information in JSON format aimed at our React web app.
- Developed full-stack flight reservation solutions.
- Supported RESTful web service modules that provided travel solutions for multiple airlines and travel agents around the world.
- Created automation tests using Selenium WebDriver and improved the automation framework using the page object model.
- Ensured the quality of SQL migration scripts by making optimizations that made no-downtime system upgrades possible.
- Applied SOLID principles and XP practices like test-driven development, code reviews, and pair programming in order to create clean code features.
- Supported a connectors module which gathered information from multiple external global distribution systems (GDS).
- Created optimized SQL scripts to run data migrations using Psql and pgAdmin 3.
- Troubleshot tricky defects found in Oracle ADF and Oracle JDBC frameworks.
- Helped the QA team run functional tests using Oracle Application Testing Suite (OATS).
- Supported a tax collection system using Oracle ADF BC, ADF Faces, and Java Swing.
- Solved critical bugs in Java and PL/SQL code using JDeveloper and SQL Developer.
- Verified Java and PL/SQL code and Oracle database schemas to apply possible optimizations.
- Made several performance improvements to stored procedures applying optimizations to PL/SQL code and Oracle database tables.
Union de Credito Progreso S.A. de C.V.
- Created a mobile banking Android app that consumed web services from the core banking module.
- Made optimizations to T-SQL cursors that reduced its processing time up to 70%.
- Created T-SQL scripts to automate account charges using SQL Server scheduled tasks.
- Supported an online banking application developed in ASP.NET and SQL Server 2005.
- Implemented multi-factor user authentication to our web banking application using RSA SecurID hardware tokens.
SCyA - KanBan and BTO Manufacturing System
And in the administration part, it allows you to monitor the production and traceability of your product in real-time, as well as downtime tracking.
With our mobile app, consumers order a product whose order is assigned to the best ranking deliverer based on their proximity, reputation, and offered price.
Minisuper charges an access fee to deliverers, which is calculated based on their weekly sales.
ES6 | React | React Native | Koa | Knex | Docker | Socket.IO | Cucumber BDD.
BBO and Trading Simulatorhttps://github.com/alayor/coin-trading
It retrieves BTC trades and current orders in real time showing the best bids and best asks in the UI.
It also simulates trade orders based on a "contrarian" algorithm which creates trades based on BTC price downticks and upticks.
Java FX8 | Concurrent programming | WebSockets | REST API
JUnit, Redux, Mockito, Spring, Spring Security, Jest, Next.js, .NET, Oracle ADF, gRPC
Node.js, React, Socket.IO, Selenium WebDriver, EasyMock, LMAX-Exchange Disruptor, Protobuf
Cucumber, Git, IntelliJ IDEA, Mocha, Apache Maven, Docker Compose, Gradle, Amazon Elastic Container Registry (Amazon ECR), Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), Knex.js
Functional Programming, Test-driven Development (TDD), Behavior-driven Development (BDD), Microservices Architecture, Continuous Integration (CI), Microservices
JSON, Redis, MySQL, PostGIS, PostgreSQL, Oracle PL/SQL, MongoDB, Microsoft SQL Server, PL/SQL, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon S3 (AWS S3)
Web Services, QA Automation, RESTful Web Services, APIs, MERN Stack, Back-end, Spring Cloud, Front-end, RESTful Services, Amazon API Gateway, AWS SAM
Linux, Oracle Database, Oracle, Docker, AWS Lambda, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Android, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Spinnaker
Master's Degree in Applied Computer Science
University of West Georgia - Carrollton, GA
Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Engineering
Instituto Tecnologico de Delicias - Chihuahua, Mexico
AWS Certified Developer Associate
Amazon Web Services