Full-stack Software Engineer2019 - PRESENTOsprey Underwriters
Technologies: Node, React, MongoDB, Docker
- Created a continuous deployment workflow using Docker, Heroku, and Nginx.
- Created an automated framework for E2E testing.
- Created the system's admin portal using React and implementing multi-factor authentication.
- Converted the starting Node/React project into a production-ready solution using Docker, Heroku, and AWS.
- Maintained code for the insurance solution using Node, React, and MongoDB.
- Created a scheduled task for exporting information using Node.js.
Software Engineer2018 - PRESENTWhereTo, Inc.
Technologies: Node, React, PostgreSQL, Docker.
- Created an E2E testing framework using behavior-driven development.
- Built a tool to upload multiple users using Node Streams and functional programming.
- Developed a vehicle booking module using RESTful services.
- Took leadership on the improvement of quality by introducing BDD tests and TDD techniques.
- Built a vehicle searching module by evaluating and parsing XML responses from Travelport.
- Built a man-in-the-middle tool to mock responses from third-party web services in order to run stress tests.
- Improved the traveling tool's seat selection process.
- Fixed complicated bugs using Node and PostgreSQL.
Software Engineer2018 - 2018Sonar Trading
Technologies: Java 8, LMAX Disruptor, JUnit 5
- Created a module to connect to a currency trading exchange using concurrent algorithms.
- Created and improved integration tests, which helped us verify the quality of the application.
Software Engineer2016 - 2018Sabre Airline Solutions
Technologies: RESTful Services, Java, Spring, JUnit, Mockito, React/Redux
- Created automated acceptance tests using a homegrown API client framework, AssertJ, and Hamcrest.
- Created a Cucumber/BDD project that helped business analysts create auto-verifiable specifications.
- Helped the QA team finish their testing plan for some of the released versions of the system.
- Delivered 100% bug-free solutions for a REST API module that consumes data from internal and external web services and produces information in JSON format aimed at our React web app.
- Developed full-stack flight reservation solutions.
Software Engineer2014 - 2016Switchfly
- Supported RESTful web service modules that provided travel solutions for multiple airlines and travel agents around the world.
- Created automation tests using Selenium WebDriver and improved the automation framework using the page object model.
- Ensured the quality of SQL migration scripts by making optimizations that made no-downtime system upgrades possible.
- Applied SOLID principles and XP practices like test-driven development, code reviews, and pair programming in order to create clean code features.
- Supported a connectors module which gathered information from multiple external global distribution systems (GDS).
- Created optimized SQL scripts to run data migrations using Psql and pgAdmin 3.
Software Engineer2013 - 2014TGC
Technologies: Java, Oracle Database, Oracle Application Testing Suite, Oracle ADF, PL/SQL
- Troubleshot tricky defects found in Oracle ADF and Oracle JDBC frameworks.
- Helped the QA team run functional tests using Oracle Application Testing Suite (OATS).
- Supported a tax collection system using Oracle ADF BC, ADF Faces, and Java Swing.
- Solved critical bugs in Java and PL/SQL code using JDeveloper and SQL Developer.
- Verified Java and PL/SQL code and Oracle database schemas to apply possible optimizations.
- Made several performance improvements to stored procedures applying optimizations to PL/SQL code and Oracle database tables.
Software Developer2010 - 2013Union de Credito Progreso S.A. de C.V.
Technologies: Android, .NET, SQL Server
- Created a mobile banking Android app that consumed web services from the core banking module.
- Made optimizations to T-SQL cursors that reduced its processing time up to 70%.
- Created T-SQL scripts to automate account charges using SQL Server scheduled tasks.
- Supported an online banking application developed in ASP.NET and SQL Server 2005.
- Implemented multi-factor user authentication to our web banking application using RSA SecurID hardware tokens.