Verified Expert in Engineering
Alvaro is a full-stack web developer specializing in WordPress with 10+ years of experience. He started his web development journey at a very young age and has kept learning the ins and outs of the web and everything revolving around development. Alvaro is exceptionally passionate and stays up to date with current practices in the field. He spends most of his time working with WordPress, which he considers the most beautiful open-source technology ever.
Visual Studio Code (VS Code), WordPress, Laragon, Git, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
The most amazing...
...project I've developed is a WordPress-based wellness platform for the Spanish fitness influencer Ginna Pedrós.
Freelance WordPress Developer
- Developed custom WordPress plugins for several clients to satisfy special requirements that could not be solved with already available options.
- Maintained the created solutions to make sure they kept working with WordPress updates.
- Helped the clients find the best solution for their problems, always starting with the most simple solution to keep the cost as low as possible without compromising the project requirements.
Visit Us Ltd
- Added a booking platform to an existing site, to allow users book services like accommodation, tours, and other activities.
- Fixed performance issues with the previous site to avoid page loads taking too long and improve the overall user experience.
- Created new components to showcase the services they provide.
- Developed new components for the corporate site based on designs provided via Figma.
- Added custom functionality to multiple WordPress websites via plugins and theme modifications.
- Worked on page-speed optimization by applying modern standards and best practices.
Right Venerable Means, LLC
- Developed a custom theme and plugins for a personal brand.
- Helped the client manage the website by creating modules that can be modified without assistance.
- Optimized the website for a fast and clean user experience.
everis Spain, S.L.U
- Contributed to the development of the front end for Iberia Airlines.
- Tracked and fixed bugs for several internal tools for Orange Spain.
- Worked on a team in charge of launching a new product for Iberia Airlines, starting from the product design to the final implementation and release.
- Followed Agile methodology on a daily basis to stay productive and coordinated with the team.
- Created optimized landing pages for email marketing campaigns, with eye-catching design and fast performance to increase conversion rates.
- Set up an email server on CentOS and ensured that DKIM and SPF were configured correctly to guarantee good email delivery.
- Implemented SendGrid API in a custom plugin to manage and keep track of massive email campaigns.
- Coordinated a team of three front-end developers who were in charge of creating the HTML/CSS layouts that had to be converted into optimized WordPress themes.
Open-source WordPress Plugin to Extend Front-end User Functionalityhttps://github.com/alvarofranz/banana-user-profiles
Created a Website for Rhonda V. Mageehttps://www.rhondavmagee.com/
Created a Fitness-Platform for Ginna Pedróshttps://ginnapedros.com/
Visual Studio Code (VS Code), WordPress, WooCommerce, Linux, CentOS, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker
Ajax, WordPress Design, WordPress Plugins, Content Management, WordPress Themes, Elementor, Migration, Laragon, User Interface (UI), User Experience (UX), Design, DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM), Product Development, Development, Web Development
Angular, SPF, Tailwind CSS
Illustrator CC, SendGrid, LaTeX, Git, NPM, Vagrant, NGINX
Ph.D. Degree in Engineering
Universidad de Sevilla - Seville, Spain