Engineering Blog Editor2017 - PRESENTToptal, Inc.
Technologies: LaTeX, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Slack, Trello, HubSpot, kramdown, Google Sheets, Google Docs
- Authored original works, liaised with authors regarding their works, and edited works.
- Conducted, aided in, and applied SEO research to works.
- Published works to the engineering blog, and released newsletters to the subscriber-base.
- Documented the implicit team process, allowing quick iterations and reference.
- Made plenty of mistakes, but was once called "intimidatingly productive" in a review.
- Used personal influence and connections to reopen previously closed content distribution avenues—directly increasing readership.
Co-founder | CTO2017 - PRESENTNazdeeq.com
Technologies: Amazon Product Advertising API, Kubernetes, Docker, Nginx, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby
- Built the technology that powers the company.
- Created complex Nginx configurations that power the core application.
- Constructed a powerful, very available infrastructure to handle the huge traffic demands.
- Containerized multiple microservices to make the software infrastructure and platform agnostic.
- Developed scalable pipelines for support and partner communications.
Interim Chief Technology Officer2020 - 2020Patari
Technologies: HTML, CSS, GitHub, Google Play API, Node.js, Linux
- Managed the technology team which—at the time—consisted of myself and mobile developer, and identified the roles required to grow the team in a manner consistent with company goals.
- Documented application structure, engineering processes, and built an internal issues management process that lead to the identification of tens of issues—many of which were critical to product performance.
- Identified key features to work towards, and a potential 40%-60% reduction in technology-related costs. These aided in developing a roadmap for company technology.
- Was responsible for site reliability and responded outages 3 incidents within a few minutes—even when the outage was out of work hours. Customers were appropriately informed, and the incident was recorded with mitigations strategies recommended.
Freelance Senior Ruby on Rails Engineer2017 - 2017ABC Containers (via Toptal)
Technologies: Digital Signatures, Mailgun, GitLab, Ruby on Rails (RoR)
- Created a customized ERP for the business.
- Automated almost all of the manual aspects of the business logic.
- Developed a database schema that would fit past data and aid in new data.
- Implemented real-time business reports.
- Reviewed and translated business logic into code.
CEO | Developer | Head of Operations2014 - 2017Payload Technologies, Inc.
Technologies: Ruby on Rails (RoR), Ruby
- Architected an auditable financial system that allowed users to exchange balance and make payments among each other.
- Developed a messaging application that allowed users to talk to each other in real time.
- Implemented an escrow system that would hold and payout the agreed amounts based on user actions.
- Used third-party APIs to securely store Bitcoin.
- Created a service that automatically liquidated Bitcoin into currency through third-party exchanges.
Technology Consultant2012 - 2014Treebark
Technologies: HTML, CSS, Adobe Photoshop
- Created brochureware websites for clients.
- Set up and maintained WordPress and Joomla websites.
- Registered and managed domain names on behalf of clients.
- Implemented Google apps for clients.