Software Engineer2018 - PRESENT
Technologies: Protobuf, Java, Python, C++
- Improved the Google Search release process by making quality evaluation more stable.
- Defined metrics and implemented monitoring for an environment with over 1,500 service instances.
- Developed integration tests and used them as a basis for automatic environment updates.
- Created a universal reusable configuration for Google Search servers across non-production environments.
- Simplified a Google Search server startup experience by taking advantage of a common API in two distinct environments.
Software Engineer2016 - 2018Jump Trading
Technologies: CUDA, CMake, Splunk, NumPy, Python, C++17, C++
- Designed and implemented scalable low-latency systems for on-disk data storage.
- Collaborated with trading teams to enhance a market simulation by redesigning the event pipelines.
- Improved latency tracking to achieve an accurate simulation across more than 20 exchanges.
- Worked with quantitative analysts to develop a distributed market simulation system using CUDA.
- Developed a library to connect to strategies and trade on three well-known exchanges.
- Implemented a custom query data analytics pipeline in Splunk to display real-time trading metrics.
Software Engineer2015 - 2016Barqo
- Developed and deployed an intelligent boat search system that utilizes machine learning.
- Redesigned the front-end to provide a more streamlined user experience.
- Used web analytics tools to analyze user behavior in production and improve workflows and UI.
- Refactored the entire back-end codebase to allow for better scalability, reusability, and readability.
- Introduced regression tests as well as new workflows to ensure new changes do not break existing functionality.
- Led new feature development at a startup with only two developers.
Software Engineer2015 - 2015Dropbox
- Shipped a distributed system for performing admin actions on the scale of 100,000 users.
- Integrated the project with the internal systems and provided support to other teams.
- Implemented remote procedure calls using Protobuf to create a robust and scalable system.
- Designed and developed both the front end and the back end in line with the internal company infrastructure.
- Collaborated with five different teams to test the solution and roll it out into production.
Software Engineer2014 - 2014Apple
Technologies: Cocoa Touch, Cocoa, Swift, Objective-C
- Enhanced the end-user experience by improving the iOS and Mac OS X input methods.
- Created a uniform design to provide continuity across mobile and desktop platforms.
- Collaborated with multiple frameworks teams to test the features and get end-user feedback.
- Ensured backward compatibility with a wide variety of legacy hardware.
- Verified the features by utilizing integration, unit, and E2E tests.