Director of Analytics2020 - 2022Simetric, Inc
Technologies: Python 3, Analytics, Microsoft Power BI, Machine Learning, Azure Data Factory, Azure SQL, Azure IaaS, Azure Blobs, Azure Logic Apps, Azure, APIs, Azure Cosmos DB, Azure Queue, Azure DevOps, Azure IoT Hub, ETL, SQL, CI/CD Pipelines, Data Pipelines, Databases, Data Science, Snowflake, Distributed Databases, Cloud, Agile, Git, R, Agile Software Development, T-SQL, Microsoft Excel, GitHub, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Linear Regression, Dashboards, Reports, Logistic Regression, Excel VBA, Leadership, Reporting, Data Modeling, Azure Blob Storage API, Message Queues, Relational Databases, Tableau, Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), Cluster Analysis, Time Series Analysis, Azure API Management, REST APIs, C#
- Led the strategy and end-to-end execution of Simetric’s data platform to deliver unified IoT device lifecycle management, reporting, and insights engine, business process automation (BPA), rate plan optimization, advanced, and analytics.
- Developed a cutting-edge IoT analytics suit providing insights into the IoT device connectivity and usage behavior, anomaly, cost drivers, saving opportunities, churn prediction, segmentation, and forecasting.
- Saved over 30% in IoT expense and improved customers' experience by implementing business process automation (BPA) that integrates multiple internal and external systems and uses custom business rules to automatically do near real-time device actions.
- Delivered a highly scalable serverless data ingestion and processing platform for millions of IoT devices from dozens of global MNO, MVNO, and third-party applications to power up Simetric’s core engine.
- Reduced Simetric’s cloud cost/month by 25% by optimizing Azure infrastructure usage, mitigated security issues to be compliant with ISO and Azure CIS, and improved the data quality by 15%, incorporating business rules and audits.
- Built Simetric's Unified REST APIs to extract connectivity data and unifies them from hundreds of Telecom carriers around the globe.
Consultant2021 - 2021Toyota
Technologies: Microsoft Power BI, Python 3, T-SQL, Microsoft Excel, Dashboards, Reports, Excel VBA, Reporting, Data Modeling, Relational Databases
- Built a sentiment analysis pipeline using Python from hundreds of thousands of survey records.
- Built a Power BI dashboard to quickly narrow down features customers like, do not like, and wish to have.
- Analyzed the survey data to bucket them into different categories.
Consultant2020 - 2020World Health Organization
Technologies: SQL, Microsoft Power BI, Data Pipelines, APIs, Distributed Databases, Cloud, Python 3, Agile Software Development, T-SQL, Microsoft Excel, Dashboards, Reports, Excel VBA, Reporting, Data Modeling, Relational Databases, REST APIs
- Built an end-to-end solution for Polio data mart: extracted and loaded data from various sources, including APIs, CSV, and Excel files, transformed data into the data mart, and built Power BI reporting on top to provide insights into the spread of the disease.
- Created a visual storytelling dashboard that shows the spread of disease across borders over time.
- Created a data pipeline using Python to pull data from APIs and load it into a central data mart.
Data and Analytics Lead and Architect2016 - 2020A $1 Billion Company Known for Creating Licensed Pop Culture Products
Technologies: Azure Cosmos DB, Spark, Azure Logic Apps, Chatbots, Computer Vision, Azure, Microsoft Power BI, Visual Studio, Python, SSAS, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL, Microsoft SQL Server, SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), Snowflake, Data Engineering, Business Intelligence (BI), Data Analytics, Data Analyst, Data Analysis, Databases, Data Migration, Distributed Databases, Cloud, Agile, Jira, Python 3, Git, R, Agile Software Development, T-SQL, Microsoft Excel, Jenkins, MySQL, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Linear Regression, Dashboards, Reports, Bitbucket, Logistic Regression, Excel VBA, Leadership, Reporting, Data Modeling, Azure Blob Storage API, ETL, Message Queues, Relational Databases, Tableau, Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), Cluster Analysis, Time Series Analysis, REST APIs
- Headed the end-to-end implementation of an enterprise data warehouse, reports, and dashboards, setting up strategy and roadmap, infrastructures, data pipeline, data modeling, and transformations, job scheduling, monitoring security model and visuals.
- Integrated with ERP systems, sell-through data, eCommerce platforms, flat files, third-party APIs, social networks, active directory, contract management system, various cloud services, and so on, to feed into the enterprise data warehouse.
- Developed a flexible metadata-driven ETL solution that provides auditibility, configurability, error handling, parallel execution, incremental data load, process orchestration, and monitoring, enabling no-code/low-code for the team.
- Architected and implemented a rule-based and statistics-based data quality framework to measure and monitor the data quality in a highly flexible and scalable manner and surface the issues in a dashboard to monitor and track.
- Established the best practice guidelines for dimensional data modeling for consistent data products, naming convention, and data dictionary for easy data discovery and code and release management for faster and quality delivery.
- Instituted an end-to-end source to target mapping tracking data lineage, including data transformation through all stages of the analytics pipeline, thus making the process transparent to users and easy to troubleshoot for developers and analysts.
- Built an end-to-end reporting and dashboard solution, including setting up a Tableau server, pulling data from various sources, creating metrics, designing reports and dashboards, migration, publishing, and managing security.
Analytics Consultant2014 - 2016Microsoft Corporation
Technologies: Microsoft Power BI, Visual Studio, Python, SSAS, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL, Microsoft SQL Server, SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), Data Engineering, Business Intelligence (BI), Data Analytics, Data Analyst, Data Analysis, Data Migration, Cloud, Agile, Agile Software Development, T-SQL, Microsoft Excel, Linear Regression, Dashboards, Reports, Logistic Regression, Excel VBA, Leadership, Reporting, Data Modeling, ETL, Relational Databases, Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), Time Series Analysis
- Saved $2.47 million annually by providing a BI solution for more than 200 metrics via both self-service and managed reporting, and also improved transaction efficacies across order and agreement management.
- Delivered a volume licensing forecasting analytics solution to predict the number of agreements and orders to be processed in various regional operations centers on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis and thus saving an estimated $280,000 annually by avoiding penalty and minimizing revenue left on the table.
- Increased BI platform usage by 189% by enabling the business to do near-real-time deal monitoring, proactive case tracking, and improving customer and partner experience.
- Achieved great improvement in scorecard metrics - data-driven organization (200%), adoption (189%), efficiency (30%), and ROI (20%).
Software Development Manager2008 - 2014Wells Fargo Bank
Technologies: Microsoft Power BI, Visual Studio, Python, SSAS, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Data Engineering, Business Intelligence (BI), Data Analytics, Data Analyst, Data Analysis, Data Migration, Agile Software Development, T-SQL, Microsoft Excel, Dashboards, Reports, Excel VBA, Leadership, Reporting, Data Modeling, ETL, Relational Databases, Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
- Led team of 10 developers and analysts across software development, business intelligence and analytics in delivering key technology capabilities in the areas of customer relationship management, opportunity and prospecting, referral, cross-selling, payment tracking, contact management, organizational hierarchy, quarterly certification, and compliance reporting. Managed strategic roadmap for the wholesale CRM landscape. Set data modeling/governance/retention/quality standards. Oversaw the production support, BCP, performance monitoring, hardware and software upgrades, legacy systems migration, vendor evaluation, and technology selection process in collaboration with the business partner to support the rationalization of future technology investment.
- Successfully led the systems integration of 20+ source systems with Microsoft Dynamics CRM to bring 12+ fragmented CRM efforts in two banks under one umbrella after Wells Fargo-Wachovia merger.
- Initiated the segmentation analytics effort to identify customers in various growth segments and monitor the trend over time which helped the sales team optimize their resource allocation.
- Spearheaded effort for interfacing with external and internal demographic, financial, market data sources into the tool to provide a 360-degree view of customers.
- Mapped out and executed a proactive strategy for infrastructure monitoring and reporting system that improved process transparency among stakeholders, increased data congruency by 20% and customer satisfaction by 25%.
- Designed and developed internal applications and portals to save at least 80% of manual processing time in some areas by analyzing various interdependent partner systems, internal workflow.
- Developed and implemented a best practices rulebook, code review process, team wiki, and improved SLA significantly for production issues.