Verified Expert in Engineering
Data Engineer and BI Developer
Mohammad has 20+ years of experience in building and maintaining large-scale distributed systems, data platforms, and machine learning for a variety of industries. With a master of science degree in computer science from USC, his technical understanding is deeply rooted. Mohammad has excellent communication skills and business understanding. With great interpersonal skills, it is a pleasure to work with him.
Azure, SQL Server Management Studio, SQL, Visual Studio, Windows, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Power BI
The most amazing...
...thing I've built is a data platform for an $800 million business to enable decision-making for people working in operations up to the executives.
Director of Analytics
- Led the strategy and end-to-end execution of Simetric’s data platform to deliver unified IoT device lifecycle management, reporting, and insights engine, business process automation (BPA), rate plan optimization, advanced, and analytics.
- Developed a cutting-edge IoT analytics suit providing insights into the IoT device connectivity and usage behavior, anomaly, cost drivers, saving opportunities, churn prediction, segmentation, and forecasting.
- Saved over 30% in IoT expense and improved customers' experience by implementing business process automation (BPA) that integrates multiple internal and external systems and uses custom business rules to automatically do near real-time device actions.
- Delivered a highly scalable serverless data ingestion and processing platform for millions of IoT devices from dozens of global MNO, MVNO, and third-party applications to power up Simetric’s core engine.
- Reduced Simetric’s cloud cost/month by 25% by optimizing Azure infrastructure usage, mitigated security issues to be compliant with ISO and Azure CIS, and improved the data quality by 15%, incorporating business rules and audits.
- Built Simetric's Unified REST APIs to extract connectivity data and unifies them from hundreds of Telecom carriers around the globe.
- Built a sentiment analysis pipeline using Python from hundreds of thousands of survey records.
- Built a Power BI dashboard to quickly narrow down features customers like, do not like, and wish to have.
- Analyzed the survey data to bucket them into different categories.
World Health Organization
- Built an end-to-end solution for Polio data mart: extracted and loaded data from various sources, including APIs, CSV, and Excel files, transformed data into the data mart, and built Power BI reporting on top to provide insights into the spread of the disease.
- Created a visual storytelling dashboard that shows the spread of disease across borders over time.
- Created a data pipeline using Python to pull data from APIs and load it into a central data mart.
Data and Analytics Lead and Architect
A $1 Billion Company Known for Creating Licensed Pop Culture Products
- Headed the end-to-end implementation of an enterprise data warehouse, reports, and dashboards, setting up strategy and roadmap, infrastructures, data pipeline, data modeling, and transformations, job scheduling, monitoring security model and visuals.
- Integrated with ERP systems, sell-through data, eCommerce platforms, flat files, third-party APIs, social networks, active directory, contract management system, various cloud services, and so on, to feed into the enterprise data warehouse.
- Developed a flexible metadata-driven ETL solution that provides auditibility, configurability, error handling, parallel execution, incremental data load, process orchestration, and monitoring, enabling no-code/low-code for the team.
- Architected and implemented a rule-based and statistics-based data quality framework to measure and monitor the data quality in a highly flexible and scalable manner and surface the issues in a dashboard to monitor and track.
- Established the best practice guidelines for dimensional data modeling for consistent data products, naming convention, and data dictionary for easy data discovery and code and release management for faster and quality delivery.
- Instituted an end-to-end source to target mapping tracking data lineage, including data transformation through all stages of the analytics pipeline, thus making the process transparent to users and easy to troubleshoot for developers and analysts.
- Built an end-to-end reporting and dashboard solution, including setting up a Tableau server, pulling data from various sources, creating metrics, designing reports and dashboards, migration, publishing, and managing security.
- Saved $2.47 million annually by providing a BI solution for more than 200 metrics via both self-service and managed reporting, and also improved transaction efficacies across order and agreement management.
- Delivered a volume licensing forecasting analytics solution to predict the number of agreements and orders to be processed in various regional operations centers on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis and thus saving an estimated $280,000 annually by avoiding penalty and minimizing revenue left on the table.
- Increased BI platform usage by 189% by enabling the business to do near-real-time deal monitoring, proactive case tracking, and improving customer and partner experience.
- Achieved great improvement in scorecard metrics - data-driven organization (200%), adoption (189%), efficiency (30%), and ROI (20%).
Software Development Manager
Wells Fargo Bank
- Led team of 10 developers and analysts across software development, business intelligence and analytics in delivering key technology capabilities in the areas of customer relationship management, opportunity and prospecting, referral, cross-selling, payment tracking, contact management, organizational hierarchy, quarterly certification, and compliance reporting. Managed strategic roadmap for the wholesale CRM landscape. Set data modeling/governance/retention/quality standards. Oversaw the production support, BCP, performance monitoring, hardware and software upgrades, legacy systems migration, vendor evaluation, and technology selection process in collaboration with the business partner to support the rationalization of future technology investment.
- Successfully led the systems integration of 20+ source systems with Microsoft Dynamics CRM to bring 12+ fragmented CRM efforts in two banks under one umbrella after Wells Fargo-Wachovia merger.
- Initiated the segmentation analytics effort to identify customers in various growth segments and monitor the trend over time which helped the sales team optimize their resource allocation.
- Spearheaded effort for interfacing with external and internal demographic, financial, market data sources into the tool to provide a 360-degree view of customers.
- Mapped out and executed a proactive strategy for infrastructure monitoring and reporting system that improved process transparency among stakeholders, increased data congruency by 20% and customer satisfaction by 25%.
- Designed and developed internal applications and portals to save at least 80% of manual processing time in some areas by analyzing various interdependent partner systems, internal workflow.
- Developed and implemented a best practices rulebook, code review process, team wiki, and improved SLA significantly for production issues.
Highly Flexible ETL Solution
Sell-Thru Data Pipeline and Reporting
Reporting Solution for Discount Transparency
Reporting Solution for Order Pipeline
Internal Compliance Application
Complex Email/Text Notification System
Retail Store Sales Dashboard
Report on Crowd Emotion, Gender, Emotion, and Age
Sales Representative Performance Tracking Dashboard
Sales Campaign Effectiveness Report
SQL, T-SQL (Transact-SQL), Excel VBA, Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), Python, R, Python 3, Snowflake, C++, C, C#
Azure Blob Storage API, Azure API Management, REST APIs
SSAS, Azure Logic Apps, Git, Bitbucket, Microsoft Power BI, Microsoft Excel, Jira, Jenkins, GitLab, GitHub, Microsoft Access, Tableau, Azure IoT Hub, Visual Studio
Agile Software Development, Business Intelligence (BI), ETL, Agile, Data Science, Azure DevOps
Azure, Azure IaaS, Windows, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
MySQL, SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), Azure SQL, Relational Databases, Microsoft SQL Server, Databases, Azure Blobs, Azure Queue, Data Pipelines, Distributed Databases, Data Integration, Azure Cosmos DB, PostgreSQL, SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
Linear Regression, Logistic Regression, Cluster Analysis, Dashboards, Reports, Leadership, Reporting, Data Modeling, Data Analytics, Data Engineering, Data Warehousing, APIs, Data Visualization, Data Analysis, Data Migration, Data Cleansing, Data Cleaning, Azure Data Factory, Analytics, Cloud, Data Management, ETL Tools, Data-driven Dashboards, Data Structures, Excel 365, Machine Learning, Decision Trees, Random Forests, Time Series Analysis, Message Queues, CI/CD Pipelines, DAX, CDC, Computer Vision, Chatbots
Master's Degree in Business Administration
The Michael G. Foster School of Business, University of Washington - Seattle, Washington
Master of Science Degree in Computer Science
University of Southern California (USC) - Los Angeles, California
Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science and Engineering
Bangladesh University of Engineering & Technology (BUET) - Dhaka, Bangladesh