Software Development Engineer2016 - PRESENTAmazon.com
- Designed and led the development of an interactive data transformation tool to make listing products on Amazon easy for big and small sellers on the platform.
- Established a process to pipe feedback into release cycles while staying true to our product tenets and Amazon's high standards.
- Led the design and development of a portal for Alexa marketing teams to upload media so that the wake word utterances are fingerprinted and deployed to the cloud and devices to prevent false wakes of devices during media campaigns.
- Created metrics to measure the accuracy of device fingerprints and a process to collect them for weekly metrics review meetings.
- Sped up the weekly rollout time to vend fingerprints to devices from 10 to four days by establishing a process to estimate false match rates based on sample data.
- Experimented with fingerprint generation algorithms by tweaking the parameters. Achieved an average gain of 75% in true match rate keeping while the false match rate remained constant at 10e-4 using 2000 media samples with 1.5-sec audio clips.
Tech Lead for PTAB2015 - 2016USPTO
- Designed and developed Angular code patterns for teams to replicate. Integrated an Angular Material-UI framework into the application and created multiple custom directives for the team.
- Architected and delivered a composite search module using the strategy design pattern to find text inside documents in the Alfresco content management system and metadata attributes in the application’s Oracle database.
- Broke down technical work into smaller components, enabling the team to achieve higher velocity with parallelism to deliver more features faster. Mentored a team of 18 back-end developers into becoming full-stack developers.
Associate Director for Application Development and Data Visualization2013 - 2015Gartner (CEB)
- Designed and led the development of an interactive data visualization tool which is currently being used by 80% of Fortune 500 companies globally to map their IT roadmaps.
- Moved the product to HTML5, which was initially developed in Adobe Flash, using Canvas specification and ExplorerCanvas library for IE8.
- Led the team of developers who maintain and build small features in Flash applications.
- Coordinated with the business team about new features and design.
- Advised different teams in the organization about user experience (UX) and architecture.