Verified Expert in Engineering
Bruno possesses unparalleled technical skill and expertise in a wide range of programming languages and technologies. His code is always clean, efficient, and elegant, and he has a rare talent for finding innovative solutions to complex problems. His programming abilities are simply awe-inspiring, and he consistently delivers high-quality work that exceeds expectations.
Java, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Serverless
The most amazing...
...application I've architected is EM2, an app that monitors insurance customers' satisfaction levels using dynamic questionnaires that adapt to each person.
- Created and enforced an excellent project architecture, build, code, and test standards for a Node.js/TypeScript/AWS CDK application.
- Built a shared library to be used by other developers that enabled creating on-the-fly deployment pipelines with AWS CodePipeline using AWS CDK and TypeScript.
- Created build scripts for assembling TypeScript projects and automatic library release with semantic release.
- Led a significant project refactoring, which resulted in improved adherence to AWS CDK standards and better code organization.
- Created AWS CDK and AWS Lambda TypeScript components unit test standards.
- Ensured that all developers were following good standards through code PRs.
- Maintained and developed new AI and ML components for automated document revision and invoice release.
- Implemented new Java, Spring, and PostgreSQL testing standards that leveraged software quality.
- Refactored and improved various legacy components in a time-sensitive environment.
Senior Java Expert
- Maintained and improved a deployment microservices pipeline to AWS ECS using Docker and CircleCI.
- Developed various fixes and improvements on Spring Boot microservices that integrated with Firebase, MySQL databases, AWS SQS, and AWS S3.
- Worked on a very tight release schedule and ensured that deadlines were respected.
MP Analytics Limited
- Maintained and improved an application that gathers data from multiple banks and creates analysis of investment strategies.
- Improved call times on various code parts by optimizing SQL queries and JPA implementations.
- Implemented new requirements along with a new test structure.
- Split up the project into microservices and created new Github actions deployment jobs, Dockerfiles, and server setup scripts.
- Created an asynchronous file processor to speed up XLS file uploads that run in the background with Amazon SQS and S3.
- Developed an app that gathers data from multiple sources, inputs this data into an NLP processor, and provides data visualizations to predict the future.
- Integrated with SerpApi to get data from Google services and Zyte API for HTML data processing.
- Created abstract Java components that facilitate the addition of new external services.
- Managed a Java with Spring Data connection to a MongoDB instance on MongoDB Atlas.
Java and Spring Engineer
- Developed Java AWS Lambda functions for processing IoT messages from personal safety devices. Configured AWS IoT rules and Kinesis Stream to interact with the Lambda function.
- Created a Java critical section locking mechanism to handle parallel processing of device messages and avoid concurrent changes on devices.
- Improved the legacy codebase with constant refactoring, reorganization of dependencies, and introduction of unit tests, integration tests, and end-to-end tests. That heavily increased delivery reliability and sped up the deployment cycle.
- Improved the overall development processes with better PR reviews and helped propose a better scrum process by keeping it lean.
- Implemented a solution to avoid duplicate message processing using Memcached on AWS Elasticache.
- Created an end-to-end tester platform to allow testing messages flow from AWS IoT to Kinesis, Lambdas, Java API, and DB.
- Developed a continuous delivery strategy for zero downtime on production deployments allowing a rollback when necessary.
- Created an AWS Lambda function for processing and storing the device's audio data on S3.
- Redesigned DB integration test architecture, enabling tests to run up to five times faster and with 1/3 code lines.
- Implemented an AWS X-Ray tracing service for an API, instrumenting AWS Lambda and external services calls.
- Developed an MVP application using Spring Boot to send out forms to clients, process their responses, and provide a dashboard for analyzing the responses.
- Structured a microservices architecture using Netflix Eureka.
- Created a deployment pipeline using Github and Heroku.
- Developed REST API integrations with Typeform and Cumul.io.
- Defined project structure with Spring Boot 2 and developed most of the application.
- Led two other developers ensuring code quality and testability through code reviews.
- Created an integration layer for interacting with ERP and CRM sides using Spring 5's new web client.
- Created test cases structure for each code sector: controllers, database, and entities. Achieved 75%+ overall code coverage.
- Created definitions of how to integrate with external services from logistics providers, matching our modeling to providers' custom modeling.
- Developed integrations with logistics carriers using an API made by P44 for data parsing/processing.
- Developed unit and integration tests for components using the latest standards.
Java Lead Engineer
- Architected a complete Java 8 with Spring Boot project.
- Created REST web services for survey processing, reports, benchmark, and client configurations.
- Developed full project test coverage with multiple scenarios.
- Created an email processing and queuing system for sending out surveys.
- Implemented a multi-language survey system that adapts to each user.
- Implemented user security with JSON Web Token (JWT), including endpoints and authentication.
- Created the continuous integration and deployment pipeline with Docker and CircleCI.
Back-end and Web Developer
- Architected an AngularJS web front-end application using Grunt.
- Structured the deployment pipeline using CircleCI and Cloud66.
- Developed a standalone Java application that runs on clients to extract DB information from legacy Sybase and communicate to an FTP server.
- Created a Spring Batch data integrator that imports data from various clients into a multi-retailer DB.
- Developed a web application using AngularJS and Bootstrap 3 for creating multiple crops of a single picture.
- Managed Ubuntu Linux servers and Wildfly application server.
- Created REST integration with Imagga.com and Imgix APIs to post-process images.
- Created Node.js tests for Parse.com functions using Mocha, Sinon, and Chai.
- Developed a dashboard that retrieves restaurant information using Foursquare API. Used Spring Boot and AngularJS.
Java Senior Developer and Architect
- Handled architecture and development of Jakarta EE components using SOAP and RESTful web services, test-driven development (TDD), JPA (OpenJPA and Hibernate), unit testing (JUnit and JMock), integration testing, and a continuous delivery model.
- Implemented architecture and set up of cloud environments, creating images and a provision/de-provision process. The environments were used as environments for developers hired through the IBM Liquid platform.
- Led development events in the IBM Liquid platform (a crowdsourcing platform of short cycle assignments), creating development specifications, validating solutions provided by developers, and integrating code into the existing one.
- Created and improved processes for automating tasks such as deployments, module packaging, and Websphere management with Python scripting.
- Handled administration and configuration of the Websphere Application Server.
- Worked as a support analyst, providing ongoing support for high-availability production environments.
- Developed Java components for managing security in ADP's portal application.
- Worked on the migration of a portal platform to a PaaS business model.
- Worked in an agile team with a goal-oriented pace with daily scrum meetings.
Experience Monitor 2
"Everyone was happy, we delivered as promised and under budget [...] the client has taken over maintenance of the solution." – Richard Forsythe, PM
IBM – IEPDhttp://www.ibm.com
Spring 5, Spring, Hibernate, Spring Boot, OAuth 2, JSON Web Tokens (JWT), Spring Batch, Spring Security, Jest, Angular, AngularJS
Reactor, REST APIs, Node.js
CircleCI, Cloud66, Docker Hub, GitHub, IntelliJ IDEA, Apache Tomcat, Jenkins, Git, Shell, Apache Maven, Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Amazon Cognito
Continuous Integration (CI), REST, Test-driven Development (TDD), Agile Software Development, Agile, Microservices, DevOps, Testing, Unit Testing
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, Linux, AWS Lambda, Ubuntu, AWS IoT, Heroku, Firebase
Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Spring Data JPA, JSON, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Spring Data, MongoDB, NoSQL, Amazon DynamoDB
RESTful Web Services, Software Architecture, Back-end Development, Integration Testing, Cloud Computing, Reactive Streams, Minimum Viable Product (MVP), CI/CD Pipelines, Spring WebFlux, APIs, Back-end, Architecture, Internet of Things (IoT), Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Web Security, Okta, Vitest, AWS CodePipeline, Semantics, Cloud, Serverless
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering
Pontificia Universidade Católica do Rio Grande do Sul - Porto Alegre, Brazil
The Nuts and Bolts of OAuth 2.0
Reactive Microservices with Spring WebFlux
Understanding Typescript - 2022 Edition
Java Reactive Programming
Oracle Certified Professional, Java SE Programmer
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring