- Senior Software ArchitectoneID2014 - PRESENT
- Architected and developed an Identity-as-a-Service for consumers and IoT devices.
- Applied symmetric and asymmetric cryptography techniques.
- Wrote major sections of online donations platform used by political and non-profit organizations.
- Built out IoT infrastructure for secure communication among edge devices, infrastructure servers, and users.
- Engineered support and devops as needed.
- Founder and CTOThe Search Agency2002 - PRESENT
- Built and led the team that developed AdMax® platform, a data-driven decision support system for online marketing campaigns.
- Developed core frameworks in Java and PHP for ORM, page formatting, concurrency control, and other platform services.
- Led product development of AdMax local platform, including working with Tier I clients to manage requirements and system integration.
- Performed data analysis using R and Python on large data sets to extract trend and performance insights.
- Built location taxonomies from public and other data source in R and Python, including polygon to point-radius conversion algorithms and fine-grained population estimates.
- Continue to serve as a member of the Board of Directors.
- Vice President, TechnologySearch 1232002 - 2002
- Led team to develop next-generation performance-based search technology using aspects of targeted marketing and linguistic- and meaning-based search techniques.
- Managing Director, SimpliUnited Online2001 - 2001
- Led teams of scientists and engineers to develop state-of-the-art microtargeting technology. Initial applications of the technology resulted in a 3x increase in click yield.
- Director of Software DevelopmentSimpli1999 - 2001
- Heavy use of corpus-based/statistical NLP techniques and neural network technology.
- Software Development ManagerAmerican Power Conversion1993 - 1999
Technologies: Java, C++
- Introduced several new products, including software that Microsoft included as the UPS monitoring component in Windows 2000.
- Led redesign of core PowerChute product in Java. First deliverable was developed in half the time as the previous platform with a fraction of the defects.
- Researched technology trends and assessed impact to APC's business. Wrote several analysis papers and presented quarterly overviews to CEO and executive management.
- Led team developing award-winning SNMP network management solutions for APC devices. Products included server, workstation, and embedded hardware platforms.
- Involved with the design and implementation of PowerChute plus for OS/2, Windows NT, and Unix. Improved graphical user interface design using XVT toolkit. System was written in C++.
- ConsultantSelf Employed1989 - 1993
Technologies: C, C++, FoxPro
- Developed financial systems, office management systems, and other small business applications mainly in FoxPro.
- Designed and implemented networked workstations and servers.
- Software Engineer/User Interface DesignerGateway Design Automation1988 - 1989
Technologies: C, C++
- Hired to design modern user interfaces for new product features and in upgrading existing ones.
- Initiated implementation of portable library that would enforce proprietary look and feel while using familiar paradigms from each host platform.
- Software EngineerCognition1985 - 1988
Technologies: C, Mainsail, Lisp, Shell
- Member of a team designing and implementing User Interface Management System based on early version of X Window System (X6).
- Involved with User Interface designs for M/CAE product.