Principal | Software Engineer2019 - PRESENTCNSolutions
- Led business development, internal research, sales, client sourcing, and software development.
- Developed a website using ASP.NET and Azure platform as a service (PaaS).
- Modified a speech-to-text application to optionally use Azure cloud cognitive services for voice recognition.
- Created a desktop application to search and display the human body using the Helix Toolkit (WPF), BodyParts3D Foundational Model of Anatomy (FMA) database, SQL Server, and C# with Entity Framework 6.
- Modified MindWave desktop applications to be OSC protocol compliant to prepare for Simmetri VR integration with the existing MindWave applications.
- Completed BodyParts3D, a diagnostic web application utilizing FMA data stored in an SQLite database, allowing the ability to navigate from one part of the body to another. Used the Three.js library for manipulating 3D glTF objects.
- Converted the existing website to ASP.NET Core MVC, using both controllers and Razor Pages.
- Converted the FMA data and parent-child hierarchies to flat hierarchies and displayed them in Tableau Public.
Technology Manager2016 - 2018Wells Fargo
Technologies: IBM Filenet, C#, Oracle, SQL Server 2008 R2, Functional Design, ASP.NET, Database Modeling
- Led the application management, supported, and, where necessary, developed enhancements for the shared services accounting (SSA) imaging application and integrated PeopleSoft procure-to-pay application.
- Re-architected and replaced a BPM application, OpenText Process 360, for the accounts payable department with simplified internal COE offerings in a service-oriented architecture (SOA) while significantly minimizing infrastructure costs.
- Rebuilt and redeployed the PeopleSoft browser for the accounts payable line of business from VB6 to C# WinForms using Chrome APIs.
- Мigrated the FINRA documents from the vendor repository to Filenet to meet the FINRA compliance requirements for the company. Designed and implemented a scalable process running on multiple servers to extract data from vendor repository to Filenet.
- Added the PeopleSoft Financials app as an additional image capture source for invoices, designing a data model with the PeopleSoft team to move the self-service invoice uploaded by the end-user to centralized capture on the imaging side.
- Designed a simplified data model in SQL Server to replace the vendor ERD model for capture, workflow, end-user processing, image archiving, and storage.
Independent Software Consultant2015 - 2016Freelance
- Rewrote the warehouse and inventory system for the State of Minnesota Department of Public Safety from Visual Basic 6 to a robust web application in ASP.NET used by all public safety divisions to order and receive items from the state warehouse.
- Gathered requirements from the fiscal admin and warehouse staff.
- Provided the gap analysis between the old system and a targeted new system.
- Helped the warehouse staff develop a business requirements document (BRD) and modify it for the new requirements.
- Provided a functional systems design document (FSD) traceable to BRD to the warehouse staff and obtained approvals from stakeholders.
- Implemented an issue and requirements list in SharePoint with traceability to requirements that allowed for proper lifecycle procedures in collaboration with the project team.
- Designed and implemented a new database using SQL Server to accommodate the targeted web application.
- Developed a web app using ASP.NET Entity Framework for data, ELMAH for error logging, XML for the activity tracking and row-level security, RDLC for reporting, Ajax and jQuery with WebUserControls, and NT authentication security.
- Configured the IIS environment for a web application, exported settings for the deployment team's migration to testing, and later prepped for the client deployment team for migration to production.
- Converted existing Crystal Reports tied to the VB6 desktop version to RDLC (local reports), which were displayed with the report viewer. Added additional Microsoft RDLC reports based on requirements.
Technology Manager2006 - 2016Wells Fargo
Technologies: Hyperion Enterprise, PeopleSoft, Crystal Reports, Star Schema, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition 11g (OBIEE), IBM WebFOCUS, Oracle, Linux, C#, ASP.NET
- Managed direct reports across states (Utah and Minneapolis) and cities (Charlotte and San Francisco). Wrote and delivered employee evaluations and reviews.
- Ensured real-time integration with PeopleSoft procure-to-pay application, including providing disaster recovery time (RTO) and recovery point objectives (RPO).
- Conducted budget planning for cost center, managed hardware, and maintained vendor relationships for maintenance contracts with the supply chain department's help.
- Performed application upgrades and hardware tech refreshes for all supported systems.
- Led the creation of the accounting unit (AU) store report for all Wells Fargo branch locations, using Oracle BI Publisher.
- Deployed an OBIEE analytics solution to the supply chain department tasked with generating three billion saves per year.
- Migrated from OpenText RightFax to the enterprise FaxCom infrastructure.
- Implemented several enhancements, including adding email as an image capture source in addition to fax and scan.
- Migrated existing application infrastructure to the Wells Fargo Core Data Center to improve disaster recovery and redundancy for supported applications.
- Upgraded OpenText Process 360 to the latest stable version.
Application Systems Engineer2000 - 2006Wells Fargo
Technologies: GhostScript, Java RMI, ASP.NET, SQL Server 2000, Lisp, Visual Basic 6 (VB6), Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), PeopleSoft, PeopleTools, PeopleCode, ASP, Reports, Databases, Batch File Processing, CSV File Processing
- Provided support to technical staff, initiated and implemented projects for end-users in corporate finance. Managed and verified assignments given to team members.
- Re-architected the vendor BPM desktop applications to ASP and then ASP.NET Web, which allowed the Wells Fargo accounts payable department to have employees nationally and globally, as employees became fully location-independent.
- Added multiple capture sources, such as fax and email, to an existing scan image capture, which allowed the Wells Fargo accounts payable department to better process and meet their SLAs for invoice processing to their customers.
- Removed the image application dependency on vendor scripting languages such as Lisp and replaced them with Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) and .NET services to improve the system's supportability.
- Eliminated remote users' access limitations on vendor-provided functionalities, such as fax splitting, existing only in desktop applications by providing those functionalities in web applications.
- Designed and implemented a knowledge base application for fellow developers and support staff. Worked with the PeopleSoft team to develop a configurable file layout system to receive payment processing file uploads from vendors outside the firewall.
- Designed and implemented a PeopleSoft web browser for the PeopleSoft team to handle the transition from PeopleSoft 7 (desktop) to PeopleSoft 8 (web-based).
- Eliminated previous screen-scraping integration between PeopleSoft and BPM application (Viewstar) and replaced them with real-time integration of both systems, using Java RMI, GhostScript, and direct web calls.
- Designed and implemented a custom image viewer to replace a vendor image viewer, which could not perform adequately on the new web applications.
- Extended PeopleSoft Financials workflow to better integrate with the imaging system and new web-based PeopleSoft requirements. Created documentation and trained others for independent support.