Senior Immersive Developer2021 - PRESENTFramestore
Technologies: Unreal Engine, Cinder, Blender, Photoshop CC, 3D Graphics
- Developed immersive interactive experiences using Unreal Engine, Unity, Cinder, TouchDesigner, Processing, Maya, Cinema4D, Blender, Houdini, Photoshop, Illustrator, Nuke, Gimp, and other graphic tools.
- Wrote software to interface with various external hardware systems such as QR scanners and 3D cameras, coordinate file transfers, and trigger events in the graphic system.
- Developed image processing software to recognize, isolate and enhance human facial features, normalize skin tones, and remove background artifacts.
- Developed scripts in Python and VBS to automate the creation of digital portraits. Used Anaconda to spin up a machine learning system for facial and clothing segmentation of images.
Interactive Software Developer2018 - PRESENTLeo Villareal Studio
Technologies: DMX, Networking, Unreal Engine, Raspberry Pi, TouchDesigner, Arduino, Touch Design, 3D Graphics
- Maintained and developed interactive graphics software tools utilized in the creation of small- and large-scale LED art installations all over the world using C++, Python, and TouchDesigner.
- Designed and developed complex software systems and user interfaces in TouchDesigner, Python, and C++ to control, trigger, and sequence dynamic art installations using Arduino, Raspberry Pi, and other embedded systems.
- Designed and developed software to support lighting communications protocols such as DMX, KiNET, sACN, and Art-Net.
Founder and President2012 - PRESENTSymbiote Inc | 3D Portraits Brooklyn
Technologies: 3D Printing, 3D Modeling, iOS, Augmented Reality (AR), Game Development, 3D Scanning, Photogrammetry, 3D Graphics
- Developed the custom photogrammetry processes for 3D scanning of people and automatically editing, cleaning up, and enclosing models in preparation for 3D printing.
- Built the systems for creating lifelike 3D printed portraits in a variety of media and sizes using multiple 3D printing processes.
- Performed iOS software development, specializing in games, augmented reality, and virtual reality. Recently posted an action and puzzle game called Dink! to the Apple App Store.
Senior Developer2020 - 2021Silver Spoon Animation
Technologies: Unreal Engine, 3D Graphics
- Contributed to developing a C++ plugin for Unreal Engine to control, manipulate, and trigger 3D geometry for BroadcastAR applications.
- Developed a system in Unreal Engine with C++ and Blueprints to communicate with the American football statistics server and visualize scoring drive data with colorful animated arrows for broadcast during SuperBowl LV in February 2021.
- Created a system in Unreal Engine (C++ and Blueprints) to position and trigger animated characters used during the March Madness college basketball tournament broadcast in March 2021.
Interactive Graphics Software Developer2018 - 2020GRAFX Co.
Technologies: Unity, iOS, Cinder, Android, Augmented Reality (AR), 3D Graphics
- Created and developed interactive graphics applications on various platforms, including augmented reality applications for iOS and Android using Unity and Vuforia.
- Engineered a large-scale interactive video installation for Marriott Hotels using projectors and Intel RealSense cameras to display lively real-time graphics that reacted to people passing by.
- Built an augmented reality multilingual concept application for iOS and Android for the Turkish Museums Directorate to highlight and explain fragile antiquities in the collection.
Principal Engineer | Content2017 - 2020Madison Square Garden Company
Technologies: Unity, Augmented Reality (AR), Virtual Reality (VR), iOS, 3D Graphics
- Developed VR software in Unity to visualize architectural plans for an arena still under construction. Developed tests for line-of-sight, screen coverage, vantage point, and other quantifying metrics.
- Designed and developed AR application for iPads using Unity and Objective-C to interface with a 360-degree camera and present live-streaming video into a 3D scene with extensive user-control features.
- Tested and evaluated cutting-edge VR, AR, digital signage, wayfinding, motion capture, holographic and other technologies for inclusion in 21st-century state-of-the-art venue facilities.
Creative Coder | Data Visualization2016 - 2017Gensler
Technologies: Processing, Cinder, Java, C++, Data Visualization, DataViz, 3D Graphics
- Designed and developed software tools using Processing for artists to create unique colorization effects of satellite climate temperature data, with user interfaces for artists to control numerous parameters, including colors, graphs, and animations.
- Created the particle system visualizations of live world climate and wind pattern data containing over 800,000,000 particles for display on high-resolution monitors at the IBM corporate headquarters.
- Built and designed wave simulation software to visualize live world climate rainfall data for the IBM corporate headquarters.
Interactive Software Developer2016 - 2016Potion Design
Technologies: Cinder, Python, Raspberry Pi, 3D Printing, 3D Graphics
- Built hardware and software for Raspberry Pi to playback various kinds of music while monitoring the user's heart rate. The system used sensor inputs (buttons, heart rate monitor) to control the audio output from the Raspberry Pi amp and speakers.
- Designed and developed a touch table system for perusing recipes, assembling ingredients, viewing nutritional and caloric information with explanatory text, and extensive use of high-quality food photography to create a fully interactive experience.
- Designed, 3D printed, and assembled self-contained cases for physical user experiences, such as monitoring heart rate data while playing various music.
Interactive Software Developer2016 - 2016The Mill
Technologies: Cinder, Arduino, Augmented Reality (AR), Unity, Android, iOS, Data Visualization, DataViz, 3D Graphics
- Developed a system for displaying animated magazine covers in AR for iOS and Android, using Unity and Vuforia.
- Designed and developed a fully-featured text animation and display system using Cinder with SdfText and Arduino to inject lyrics and display them under the real-time control of a live DJ.
- Created a system for visualizing song moods as determined by the IBM Watson AI, using colors, textures, waves, and frequencies applied to abstract geometric shapes.
Creative Coder - Interactive Developer2010 - 2015HUSH Studios
Technologies: 3D Modeling, 3D Art, 3D Images, Cinder, C++, Python, Unity, iOS, Touch ID, OpenFrameworks, Augmented Reality (AR), Virtual Reality (VR), Objective-C, Data Visualization, DataViz
- Developed an iOS app using Unity for Exxon Mobil's chemical division which interactively displays the chemical products used in automobiles. The app displayed an interactive "X-ray" view of a car in 3D and side menus displayed chemical components.
- Developed a custom interactive display application in Cinder for Exxon Mobil demonstrating their offshore drilling operation in the Upper Zakum region. This app was part of their booth at ADIPEC and won 2nd place out off over 500 entries.
- Developed a custom interactive display application in openFrameworks to visual sound waves bouncing around a room. This used real-time wave simulation to include interactive barriers, dampeners and refractors.
- Developed a multi-touch kiosk using Cinderfor Twitter displayed at Cannes fim festival which featured real-time updates of World Cup statistics and twitter feeds.
- Developed an immersive interactive environment for Oculus/Leap VR headsets using Unity which allowed users to visit 3D worlds and interact with whimsical creatures. Used input from Leap sensor to detect and interpret hand and finger movements.
Senior FX Technical Director2003 - 2005Blue Sky Studios
Technologies: 3D Modeling, 3D Art, 3D Images, Autodesk Maya, C++, Python
- Created "Dominoes Sea" effect for 3D animated feature film "Robots" involving millions of dominoes which the principal characters swam in and surfed on.
- Created "Oil Fountain" effect for 3D animated feature film "Robots" which appeared in numerous scenes to help convey the wealth and prestige of one of the main characters.
- Created "Ball Bearings" effect for 3D animated feature film "Robots" in which thounsands of ball bearings spill out and 2 of the principal characters fight and then dance on.
- Researched and developed fur effects for upcoming film productions using in-house volumetric rendering system. Wrote C++ code to extend and enhance the capabilities for use in feature animated film "Horton Hears a Who."