Senior Immersive Developer2021 - PRESENTFramestore
Technologies: Unreal Engine, Cinder, Blender, Photoshop CC
- Developed immersive interactive experiences using Unreal Engine, Cinder, Blender, and other graphic tools.
- Wrote software to interface with various external hardware systems such as QR scanners and 3D cameras, coordinate file transfers, and trigger events in the graphic system.
- Developed image processing software to recognize, isolate and enhance human facial features, normalize skin tones, and remove background artifacts.
Interactive Software Developer2018 - PRESENTLeo Villareal Studio
Technologies: DMX, Networking, Unreal Engine, Raspberry Pi, TouchDesigner, Arduino
- Maintained and developed interactive graphics software tools utilized in the creation of small- and large-scale LED art installations all over the world using C++, Python, and TouchDesigner.
- Designed and developed complex software systems and user interfaces in TouchDesigner, Python, and C++ to control, trigger, and sequence dynamic art installations using Arduino, Raspberry Pi, and other embedded systems.
- Designed and developed software to support lighting communications protocols such as DMX, KiNET, sACN, and Art-Net.
Founder and President2012 - PRESENTSymbiote Inc | 3D Portraits Brooklyn
Technologies: 3D Printing, 3D Modeling, iOS, Augmented Reality (AR), Game Development, 3D Scanning, Photogrammetry
- Developed custom photogrammetry processes for 3D scanning people and automatically editing, cleaning up, and enclosing models in preparation for 3D printing.
- Developed systems for creating lifelike 3D printed portraits in a variety of media and sizes using multiple 3D printing processes.
- Performed iOS software development, specializing in games, augmented reality, and virtual reality. Recently posted an action and puzzle game called Dink! to the Apple App Store.
Senior Developer2020 - 2021Silver Spoon Animation
Technologies: Unreal Engine
- Contributed to the development of a C++ plugin for Unreal Engine to control, manipulate, and trigger 3D geometry for BroadcastAR applications.
- Developed a system in Unreal Engine (C++ and Blueprints) to communicate with the American football statistics server and visualize scoring drive data with colorful animated arrows for broadcast during SuperBowl LV in February 2021.
- Developed a system in Unreal Engine (C++ and Blueprints) to position and trigger animated characters used during the March Madness college basketball tournament broadcast in March 2021.
Interactive Graphics Software Developer2018 - 2020GRAFX Co.
Technologies: Unity, iOS, Cinder, Android
- Designed and developed interactive graphics applications on various platforms, including augmented reality applications for iOS and Android using Unity and Vuforia.
- Developed a large-scale interactive video installation for Marriott Hotels using projectors and Intel RealSense cameras to display lively real-time graphics that reacted to people passing by.
- Developed an augmented reality multi-lingual concept application for iOS and Android for the Turkish Museums Directorate to highlight and explain fragile antiquities in the collection.
Principal Engineer | Content2017 - 2020Madison Square Garden Company
Technologies: Unity, Augmented Reality (AR), Virtual Reality (VR), iOS
- Developed VR software in Unity to visualize architectural plans for an arena still under construction. Developed tests for line-of-sight, screen coverage, vantage point, and other quantifying metrics.
- Designed and developed AR application for iPads using Unity and Objective-C to interface with a 360-degree camera and present live-streaming video into a 3D scene with extensive user-control features.
- Tested and evaluated cutting-edge VR, AR, digital signage, wayfinding, motion capture, holographic and other technologies for inclusion in 21st-century state-of-the-art venue facilities.
Creative Coder | Data Visualization2016 - 2017Gensler
Technologies: Processing, Cinder, Java, C++
- Designed and developed software tools using Processing for artists to create unique colorization effects of satellite climate temperature data, with user interfaces for artists to control numerous parameters, including colors, graphs, and animations.
- Created particle system visualizations of live world climate wind pattern data containing over 800,000,000 particles for display on high-resolution monitors at IBM corporate headquarters.
- Designed and developed wave simulation software to visualize live world climate rainfall data for IBM corporate headquarters.
Interactive Software Developer2016 - 2016Potion Design
Technologies: Cinder, Python, Raspberry Pi, 3D Printing
- Built hardware and software for Raspberry Pi to play back various kinds of music while monitoring the user's heart rate. The system used sensor inputs (buttons, heart rate monitor) to control the audio output from the Raspberry Pi amp and speakers.
- Designed and developed a touch table system for perusing recipes, assembling ingredients, viewing nutritional and caloric information with explanatory text and extensive use of high-quality food photography to create a fully interactive experience.
- Designed, 3D printed, and assembled self-contained cases for physical user experiences such as monitoring heart rate data while various kinds of music are played.
Interactive Software Developer2016 - 2016The Mill
Technologies: Cinder, Arduino, Augmented Reality (AR), Unity, Android, iOS
- Developed a system for displaying animated magazine covers in AR for iOS and Android using Unity and Vuforia.
- Designed and developed a fully-featured text animation and display system using Cinder with SdfText and Arduino to inject lyrics and display them under real-time control of a live DJ.
- Developed a system for visualizing song moods (as determined by IBM Watson AI), using colors, textures, waves, and frequencies applied to abstract geometric shapes.