Senior Director of Engineering2021 - PRESENTEF Education First
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Apache Kafka, StreamSets, RabbitMQ, AWS RDS, PostgreSQL, .NET Core, .NET, C#, React, ETL Tools, ETL, AWS Database Migration Service, AWS Lambda, Database Migration, Microsoft Power BI, Business Intelligence (BI), Cloud, Architecture, Agile, Amazon Cognito, APIs, Terraform
- Directed the development and execution of multiple projects, establishing the scope and schedule, and balancing the work and needs of the in-house and offshore contract team members.
- Developed the strategy and vision for replacing monolithic apps with a distributed architecture. The new architecture is hosted in Kubernetes and centers around .NET Core microservices, which communicate to external systems via Kafka and StreamSets.
- Drove a series of process improvements which resulted in increased velocity and reduction in post-release outages.
- Developed a repeatable process for migrating the company's on-premise SQL Server databases to AWS RDS PostgreSQL via the AWS Database Migration Service.
Director of Technology2016 - 2020Vistaprint
Technologies: AWS Lambda, AWS Kinesis, Amazon Connect, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Python, Snowflake, Salesforce Service Cloud, Node.js, Amazon Aurora, AWS RDS, React, Gatsby, Looker, Amazon Web Services (AWS), eCommerce APIs, REST APIs, Business Intelligence (BI), Cloud, Architecture, Agile, APIs
- Defined the roadmap, communicated with developers and stakeholders, and led the delivery and operational success of seven software development squads.
- Delivered several components of Vistaprint’s new eCommerce platform. These components were primarily Node.js services which were hosted in Kubernetes and then published to a Snowflake data lake.
- Collaborated with other teams to ensure that the processes ran smoothly, i.e., that they could easily refine our platform APIs (which we would later consume) and design APIs that we could later publish.
- Migrated Vistaprint's contact center operations from 45 globally distributed on-premise Cisco and NICE servers to Amazon Connect.
- Implemented data pipelines and speech analytics capabilities using AWS machine learning APIs such as Transcribe and Comprehend, Lambda, Python, and Snowflake SQL.
Senior Manager of Technology2011 - 2016Vistaprint
Technologies: Ruby, Workforce Management (WFM), Jira REST API, NICE Systems, REST, SOAP, Data Modeling, Data Queries, Database Administration (DBA), Data Visualization, eCommerce APIs, REST APIs, Relational Databases, Database Performance, ETL, ETL Tools, Agile, Data, Data Architecture, APIs
- Developed and delivered a multiyear technology roadmap.
- Designed and built a set of .NET APIs which abstracted the complexity of Vistaprint's monolithic site architecture from the CRM. These APIs allowed the CRM to support other sites and brands without requiring code changes to the CRM.
- Established Vistaprint’s first full-stack software development team in an offshore office. Recruited and grew the team from the first hire to eight engineers and integrated them into the organization.
- Built the ETL in SQL Server SSIS to populate a data mart sourced from multiple third-party and custom software packages. This data was then imported into Vistaprint's data warehouse for inclusion in multiple cubes and business operations reports.
Senior Lead Software Engineer2002 - 2011VistaPrint
Technologies: SQL Server 2010, Data Transformation, ETL, Interactive Voice Response (IVR), VB.NET, C#, ASP.NET, .NET, CTI, Call Centers, Contact Centers, Cisco UCCE, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL, Data Queries, Data Visualization, SQL Server DBA, Database Administration (DBA), Data Reporting, Databases, Database Design, Microsoft Excel, Data Modeling, Data Pipelines, Microsoft SQL Server, DB, Stored Procedure, SQL Stored Procedures, Data Engineering, Microsoft DBA, SQL Views, Views, Query Plan, Query Optimization, eCommerce APIs, Relational Databases, Database Performance, ETL Tools, Database Optimization, CSV, Data, Data Architecture, T-SQL, Data Migration, Transact-SQL, SQL DML, Performance Tuning, SQL Performance
- Designed and implemented innovative contact center solutions, including an IVR-based payment collection system that allowed agents to securely process orders and a data-driven menu system that enabled us to scale to hundreds of unique call flows.
- Rearchitected data pipelines and tools for the creative team to design and deploy a variety of digital product offerings and templates.
- Designed and implemented a customer recognition engine in a database of 10 million customers, which enabled savings of 30 seconds per call at the contact center.
- Led several projects, including three new digital product offerings, and was in charge of the requirements definition, technical specification, implementation, and post-launch analysis.