Web Technologies Developer
Dan has been an expert in the technology field for 25 years and has collaborated with several large firms, such as Oracle, and Accenture, including startups. He also had the chance to develop his own business. His latest technology focus has been on eCommerce, full-stack web development, and ElasticSearch. Dan had many opportunities to architect and deliver large-scale solutions to clients while staying hands-on with the technology throughout his career.
The most amazing...
...project I've created is a recent React search application that incorporated NLP, ML, and Elasticsearch, to deliver superb search results to research analysts.
Technical Architect | Developer | CTO
- Increased eCommerce conversion rates by 50+ percent and increased sales by 30 percent by migrating the store from Magento 2 to BigCommerce.
- Led offshore and onshore teams through several lifecycle projects, developing custom Magento and BigCommerce experiences.
- Architected several enterprise solutions in Google Cloud and AWS through successful lifecycle deployments. The solution supports Magento, Oracle WebCenter, and other software packages.
- Integrated WebCenter sites and WebCenter content for ADM. Migrated existing website data to Oracle.
- Integrated the full lifecycle release of a Magento 2 store with Oracle EBS for Rogers and Hollands Jewelry.
- Worked on an entire lifecycle of Magento 2 deployment and customization for Moon Audio. Started in Magento 2.2.1 and managed through 2.3.1.
- Built and integrated the Magento warranty module for a startup that incorporates Node.js and a React back-end application via REST and synced and integrated it to Magento and NetSuite order fulfillment.
- Replaced a Documentum-based KB for Medicare and Medicaid with Oracle WebCenter Portal and Oracle WebCenter Content.
- Grew the client web traffic by 30% over one year by optimizing SEO and page speed performance through Google Lighthouse.
- Oversaw all consulting engagements over ten years.
CTO | Co-owner
USA Pool Pros
- Owned and operated an eCommerce business that grew from $0 to $1 million/yr revenue in just three years.
- Increased AOV by 20% with Magento 1 technology initiatives including the creation of a unique bundling module that allowed the sale of entire pool packages, this increased average AOV, and margins.
- Managed company development and customer service operations.
- Served as the lead architect to integrate Oracle solutions with Oracle WebCenter. Technologies included OAM, Oracle ATG, Oracle EBS, Oracle BPEL, Oracle PBM.
- Interfaced with stakeholders and senior-level management to design solutions to meet customer objectives, while staying within budget.
- Architected and designed solutions for budgets ranging from $100,000 to $2 million.
- Trained and mentored consultants on new initiatives.
- Provided leadership for five-member project team delivery of 1.5 million in services work.
- Orchestrated, designed, and presented software solutions to customers during scoping and design phases.
- Provided pre-and post-sales support to the scope and deliver professional services for deployment of company software.
- Coordinated and deployed technology to hundreds of thousands of endpoints through client desktop support and help desk teams at major companies.
- Selected to visit troubled accounts or high-value prospects to secure new business or retain existing clients.
- Directed enterprise team, managed schedule, delegated assignments to consultants, and partnered with customers to define enterprise work.
Form + Function Consulting
- Brought on board to sell and implement $1 million Kana CRM project to Columbia House Records.
- Provided consulting/technical expertise to clients.
- Headed IT reorganization project process team at ABRN Amro Bank while working to close Columbia House deal.
- Tapped to provide process and technical consulting expertise for various initiatives.
- Aligned with process group and progressed to technical group roles.
- Led team of five consultants in creation of leading Accenture demonstration used to promote CRM thought leadership to clients.
- Directed technical delivery of a 30-member team of developers.
- Trained and mentored junior consultants whose first language was different than mine.
BigCommerce Search App | xsearch.io
Major Government Research Lab – React/Elastic Research Tool
Leading Healthcare Provider | Oracle Webcenter Architect
I worked on the application team that managed the infrastructure and took the lead development and architecture roles for the large extended development teams (eight teams in total). I created an innovative static publishing and caching system that used Python to extract HTML data from the Oracle system to speed performance from 2-3 second load times to 300 milliseconds. I also managed automation for patching and upgrades across 100+ AWS servers.
NTWOnline.com Magento to BigCommerce Migrationhttps://ntwonline.com/
Major Audiophile Website Magento 2 to BigCommerce Migration
Jackson Family Wines
jQuery, REST APIs, BigCommerce API, Google API, Facebook API, Node.js, React
Elastic, Oracle WebCenter Content, Git, ELK (Elastic Stack), Bitbucket, Google Analytics, Varnish, Jira, Kibana, Logstash, Looker, Akeneo, GitHub
Database Design, ETL, REST, DevOps, Test-driven Development (TDD), Acceptance Test-driven Development (ATDD)
Magento, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), BigCommerce, Magento 2, Windows, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Java EE, Linux, Microsoft, Oracle WebCenter Portal
Elasticsearch, Google Cloud, MySQL, Oracle RDBMS, Oracle SQL, Redis, Microsoft SQL Server, Google Cloud SQL, Databases, Amazon Aurora, PL/SQL
Web Development, Web Technologies, Oracle WebLogic Application Server, Debugging, Data Visualization, Data Analysis, Data Engineering, Data Migration, Business Process Analysis, Business Analysis, IT Business Analysis, APIs, Oracle WebCenter Sites, eCommerce, Freelancing, Software Development, Data Analytics, LAN, SOAP, BigCommerce Stencil Design, eCommerce Platforms, Relational Database Design, Agile Deployment, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Machine Learning, Chemistry, Google Data Studio, GPT, Generative Pre-trained Transformers (GPT)
.NET, Oracle ADF, Angular, Next.js, Express.js
Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemistry
University of Illinois - Illinois