- Freelance Architect and Tech Lead2017 - 2018NDA (via Toptal)
- Joined a small but well-established company to lead tech stack modernization of a legacy ERP system for the construction industry.
- Architected and implemented a Django-based REST API from the ground up which works with the legacy system's MS SQL database.
- Designed and built a full-fledged responsive React.js-based single-page application (SPA) which consumes the API and exceeds legacy client app capabilities.
- Established a Docker-based delivery process for both front-end and back-end with high transparency thanks to many integrations available in Slack.
- Worked closely with business, tech, and operations leaders to ensure excellence in the value delivery process.
- IT Consultant2016 - 2017Lime Global (via Toptal)
- Joined an insurtech startup to help create an innovative platform for insurance product delivery over the internet and worked on various areas of the end-to-end development process.
- Developed several back-end services in a REST paradigm and common infrastructure of the platform based on a microservices approach using ASP.NET Core.
- Worked with teammates on client-facing MVC web applications representing end-user products which leveraged the platform's back-end services.
- Took care of DevOps activities including implementing full-fledged CI and CD processes for delivery of products based on the platform using Docker and VSTS.
- Worked closely with the whole team including project managers, designers, and even executives to fine-tune team collaboration options, tools, and processes.
- Lead Full-stack Web Developer2016 - 2016Federal Investment Bureau (via Toptal)
Technologies: TypeScript, AngularJS 2.0, Node.js, SystemJS, CesiumJS, Python, Django, Django REST Framework, Gunicorn, Whitenoise, Heroku, PostgreSQL
- Built a full-fledged web application (SPA + API) from scratch for a real estate startup.
- Worked closely with stakeholders using an Agile approach for effective expectations management.
- Implemented the front-end in SPA fashion using Angular 2 web framework and CesiumJS SDK for 3D earth maps.
- Created a Django-based REST API for both front-end and mobile clients.
- Used Heroku for deployment of the web app.
- Co-founder/CTO2015 - 2016Become Racer
Technologies: ASP.NET MVC, NHibernate, Selenium, Autofac IoC, Twitter Bootstrap, PostgreSQL, Amazon Web Services, Social Auth
- Partnered with a motorsports expert to create an online competition platform for motorsport fans where they can contest for real-world prizes in motorsports domain.
- Built the MVP of the platform from the ground up.
- Carried out a few iterations of user testing of the MVP before the launch, collecting feedback and enhancing the MVP.
- Actively participated in the MVP's launch, marketing and executing a few competition rounds and making sure that all bases are covered in terms of technology.
- Deputy CTO2014 - 2016FB Media Solutions
Technologies: Python, Django, Django REST Framework, Celery, Vagrant, Backbone.js, Semantic UI, Java, Android API, Dagger, Realm, Butterknife, JUnit, Espresso
- Coordinated development activities in the department, managed the team, and worked on improving the developers’ workspace, infrastructure, and tool set.
- Actively contributed to the creation of a custom solution for one of the clients, consisting of Android and iOS apps and a Django-based back-end.
- Utilized Vagrant to implement an approach to the creation of reproducible development environments.
- Used Apache JMeter to test web project capabilities under high load.
- Built Django-based websites in my spare time for tourism and delivery services companies and prototyped an online personal development helping system.
- Team Leader2011 - 2014FB Media Solutions
Technologies: ASP.NET Web API, NHibernate, Hyper-V, Selenium, Autofac IoC, Twitter Bootstrap, PostgreSQL, Amazon Web Services, Octopus Deploy
- Managed development activities and team members, leading existing solutions maintenance.
- Worked with the team to create the core component of the company's new product, a content delivery platform for mobile devices.
- Led the creation of the continuous delivery process for the aforementioned component. The delivery process also assisted the team in following engineering best practices.
- Created a solution for automatic company codebase migration from SVN to Git.
- Worked on two side projects in our free time, creating an HTML5-based game and an auto sports fan competition platform.
- Senior Developer2009 - 2011FB Media Solutions
- Contributed crucial development efforts towards a company's new B2B solution for digital publishing, which was implemented as desktop software and is still the market leader.
- Worked closely with technical support for the solution and solved a ton of customers' issues.
- Built several full-fledged libraries and developer tools for internal usage.
- Worked on a few side projects in my free time, including CMS-based websites and an XNA-based game.
- Team Leader2008 - 2009ELCO Technologies
Technologies: C#, ADO .NET, WinForms, MS SQL Server, XML/XSLT/XPath, XCeedComponents, TeamCity
- Managed team and development activities in a business process automation department.
- Led the maintenance of existing business process automation solutions.
- Installed and maintained TeamCity CI server to improve development processes and culture.
- Implemented a data migration solution using the in-house ERP system's platform API in case of an emergency issue from one of the clients.
- Senior Developer2007 - 2008ELCO Technologies
Technologies: C#, ADO .NET, WinForms, MS SQL Server, XML/XSLT/XPath, XCeedComponents
- Maintained several company solutions for business process automation.
- Designed and developed a number of modules for an in-house platform for creation of ERP systems.
- Created and maintained complex grid control for the platform's UI editor, based on an XCeed Grid component.
- Developed a pluggable Windows service-based component for the platform that was responsible for sending notifications.
- Junior Developer2006 - 2007ELCO Technologies
Technologies: C#, ADO.NET, WinForms, MS SQL Server, XML/XSLT/XPath
- Developed several features of an in-house platform for the creation of ERP systems for small businesses and government agencies.
- Created a lot of complex scripts and stored procedures for the MS SQL Server-based part of the platform.
- Applied several tweaks to the platform's UI editor.