Head of SaaS2019 - PRESENTBinology
- Entered the C-suite of a small eco-startup targeting a global market of smart trash bins.
- Participated in various business activities including but not limited to new hires and presenting product at expos.
- Took over the existing SaaS codebase and directed its further development.
- Incorporated various stakeholders' input into consistent SaaS development strategy employing best industry practices: code reviews, CI/CD, and DevOps.
- Involved and supervised contractors to handle workload.
Back-end Developer2020 - 2020NDA (via Toptal)
- Joined the company's founder who, while being technical himself, lacked skills and resources required to help get existing groundwork out the door as a full-fledged product.
- Designed the approach to combine existing front-end pieces together with a yet-to-be-created back end as a consolidated app.
- Built a consolidated app Node.js-based back end from the ground up including but not limited to email-based and social auth as well as Stripe integration for subscription management.
- Implemented an approach to application deployment on AWS involving EC2 and RDS services which leveraged Docker Compose as well as uptime and error monitoring services.
- Advised the founder on technology decisions and best development practices.
Senior Full-stack Web Developer2019 - 2019HealCo (via Toptal)
- Joined the Toptal team backing the creation of the technology behind Healtor, a medical office timeshare marketplace targeting the US market.
- Collaborated with another Toptal developer on end-to-end delivery of the company's product MVP employing best industry practices: code reviews, CI/CD, and DevOps.
- Built the bulk of application functionality soup to nuts, from user facing elements to database access layer.
- Advised stakeholders on technology decisions and solution feasibility.
- Worked closely with the whole team including project manager, designer, and customer executives to fine-tune the value delivery stream, team collaboration options, tools, and processes.
Independent Contractor: Senior Specialist, Developer2018 - 2018Bubbleflake Corporation
- Joined the startup team behind Bubbleflake, a social media platform that protects free speech, lets advertisers and influencers engage audiences, and helps to keep brands safe.
- Worked on end-to-end delivery of the company's platform toward its initial general availability release.
- Delivered key features comprised of front-end SPA reusable componentry, platform microservices APIs, notifications system, embedded content, and many others.
- Advised the founder on code quality and best development practices.
- Worked closely with the founder and other stakeholders to ensure excellence of the value delivery process.
React and Django Developer and Consultant2018 - 2018Civid (via Toptal)
- Joined the small startup team behind an online debate platform to facilitate development efforts toward initial public release.
- Delivered several key features over the course of two weeks to meet the tight deadline at the end of July 2018.
- Delivered key features comprised of a tree structure for post replies, notifications system, universal post feed components, and data scraping from external sources.
- Advised the CTO on code quality and best development practices.
- Worked closely with the CTO to manage expectations in terms of scope and quality of work items.
Freelance Architect and Tech Lead2017 - 2018NDA (via Toptal)
- Joined a small but well-established company to lead the tech stack modernization of a legacy ERP system for the construction industry.
- Architected and implemented a Django-based REST API from the ground up which works with the legacy system's MS SQL database.
- Designed and built a full-fledged responsive React-based single-page application (SPA) which consumes the API and exceeds legacy client app capabilities.
- Established a Docker-based delivery process for both front-end and back-end with high transparency thanks to many integrations available in Slack.
- Worked closely with business, tech, and operations leaders to ensure excellence in the value delivery process.
Software Development Consultant2016 - 2017Lime Global (via Toptal)
- Joined an insurtech startup to help create an innovative platform for insurance product delivery over the internet and worked on various areas of the end-to-end development process.
- Developed several back-end services in a REST paradigm and common infrastructure of the platform based on a microservices approach using ASP.NET Core.
- Worked with teammates on client-facing MVC web applications representing end-user products which leveraged the platform's back-end services.
- Took care of DevOps activities including implementing full-fledged CI and CD processes for delivery of products based on the platform using Docker and VSTS.
- Worked closely with the whole team including project managers, designers, and even executives to fine-tune team collaboration options, tools, and processes.
Lead Full-stack Web Developer2016 - 2016Federal Investment Bureau (via Toptal)
- Built a full-fledged web application (SPA + API) from scratch for a real estate startup.
- Worked closely with stakeholders using an Agile approach for effective expectations management.
- Implemented the front-end in SPA fashion using Angular 2 web framework and CesiumJS SDK for 3D earth maps.
- Created a Django-based REST API for both front-end and mobile clients deployed to Heroku.
Co-founder/CTO2015 - 2016Become Racer
- Partnered with a motorsports expert to create an online competition platform for motorsport fans where they can contest for real-world prizes in motorsports domain.
- Built the MVP of the platform from the ground up.
- Carried out a few iterations of user testing of the MVP before the launch, collecting feedback and enhancing the MVP.
- Actively participated in the MVP's launch, marketing and executing a few competition rounds and making sure that all bases are covered in terms of technology.
Deputy CTO2009 - 2016FB Media Solutions
- Started as a senior developer and worked my way up to deputy CTO position in a small product company in digital publishing area targeting global market.
- Coordinated development activities in the department, managed the team, and worked on improving the developers’ workspace, infrastructure, and tool set. Actively contributed to the creation of a custom solution for one of the clients, consisting of Android and iOS apps and a Django-based back end.
- Managed development activities and team members, leading existing solutions maintenance. Worked with the team to create the core component of the company's new product, a content delivery platform for mobile devices.
- Contributed crucial development efforts toward a company's new B2B solution for digital publishing, which was implemented as desktop software and is still the market leader.
- Led the creation of the continuous delivery process which also assisted the team in following engineering best practices. Worked closely with technical support for the solution and solved a ton of customers' issues. Built several full-fledged libraries and developer tools for internal usage.
Team Lead2006 - 2009ELCO Technologies
Technologies: Team Leadership, Technical Leadership, CTO, XPath, XSLT, XML, TeamCity, SQL, WinForms, ADO.NET, C#
- Started as a junior developer and worked my way up to team leader position in a small software development agency.
- Managed the team and development activities in a business process automation department. Led the maintenance of existing business process automation solutions.
- Maintained several company solutions for business process automation. Designed and developed a number of modules for an in-house platform for creation of ERP systems.
- Developed several features of an in-house platform for the creation of ERP systems for small businesses and government agencies.