VP of Engineering2016 - PRESENTNumetric
- Designed and architected data warehouse with a patent-pending approach to maintain current data in a Materialized VIEW while supporting near-real-time data analysis and visualization of data in Business Intelligence and Traffic Safety Analytics.
- Designed and implemented development and QA process that took average P0 bugs per release from an average of 75 to three or less.
- Restructured team and hired diversified talent to improve development velocity while reducing costs by 35%.
- Revised an old product to sell to an untapped market by developing new features while paying off tech debt.
Technical Lead/Advanced Engineer I2009 - 2020Rincon Research Corporation
Technologies: Architecture, Data Architecture, Code Architecture, C++ Memory Model, C++14, C++98, C++11, Python Performance, Python API, Python 2, ETL Development, Data Warehouse Design, Technical Project Management, Project Planning, Technical Leadership, Software Architecture, Data Visualization, Leadership, Engineering, ETL Implementation & Design, Oracle PL/SQL, PL/SQL, PL/pgSQL, Linux, ETL, Data Engineering, Database Architecture, PostgreSQL, Python, SQL, Fortran, C++
- Designed and implement high-performance signal processing and geolocation solutions for the US government and other VIP customers.
- Worked with FPGAs and large scale/high-performance computing to meet low latency and high-performance needs of customers.
- Served as a fundamental team member during the transition from a team of two members to 20 members.
- Contributed as an integral part of the proposal process as well as reporting on status and path forward during customer reviews and VIP meetings.
- Designed and implemented database schema with >100 million records per day with near-continuous operations for almost three years.
- Supported several schemas and database upgrades/migrations with minimal downtime.
- Designed and implemented system architecture that has allowed for significant code re-use, improved code quality, and streamlined development.
- Improved throughput of existing demodulation software by an order of magnitude while also augmenting functionality and resolving issues with numerical stability.
- Designed Python API for the software-defined radio platform that simplified implementation by hardware team and improved user experience.
- Designed and implemented API for a modular, dynamic GUI layout that minimized the amount of software development required when adding and modifying controls for FPGA cores.
Multi-Disciplined Engineer III2006 - 2009Raytheon
Technologies: Architecture, Code Architecture, C++ Memory Model, C++98, C++11, Python API, Python 2, Videos, Technical Project Management, Software Architecture, Engineering, Simulations, MATLAB, C++
- Designed and implemented high performance and fault-tolerant video processing algorithms to assist in navigation and control of systems operating in high-stress environments.
- Awarded Trade Secret for designing and implementing real-time advanced image processing techniques.
- Assisted with the design of and implemented the real-time software-based super resolution technique with patent pending.
- Contributed to proposals for low cost but high gain enhancements to feature set.
- Supported the use of SM-3 in mission outside of its original design requirements to assist in the deorbiting of a satellite.
- Worked with teams throughout the entire process chain of the missile on requirements, interfaces, and problem resolution to help work towards the optimal solution based on both cost and requirements.