Verified Expert in Engineering
Data Engineering Developer
Dave brings over 13 years of software development and management experience gained through various leadership roles. He credits these opportunities with his ability to speak multiple “languages” in the technical arena, which brings disparate teams together and makes effective use of both hardware and software. One of his most meaningful accomplishments is building an end-to-end data processing platform with a near real-time performance for over 200 million records a day with minimal downtime.
MacOS, Linux, Vim Text Editor, PyCharm
The most amazing...
...thing I've developed is a large scale processing system that handled millions of records per day with instant access to both the high level and the details.
VP of Engineering
- Designed and architected data warehouse with a patent-pending approach to maintain current data in a Materialized VIEW while supporting near-real-time data analysis and visualization of data in Business Intelligence and Traffic Safety Analytics.
- Designed and implemented development and QA process that took average P0 bugs per release from an average of 75 to three or less.
- Restructured team and hired diversified talent to improve development velocity while reducing costs by 35%.
- Revised an old product to sell to an untapped market by developing new features while paying off tech debt.
Technical Lead/Advanced Engineer I
Rincon Research Corporation
- Designed and implement high-performance signal processing and geolocation solutions for the US government and other VIP customers.
- Worked with FPGAs and large scale/high-performance computing to meet low latency and high-performance needs of customers.
- Served as a fundamental team member during the transition from a team of two members to 20 members.
- Contributed as an integral part of the proposal process as well as reporting on status and path forward during customer reviews and VIP meetings.
- Designed and implemented database schema with >100 million records per day with near-continuous operations for almost three years.
- Supported several schemas and database upgrades/migrations with minimal downtime.
- Designed and implemented system architecture that has allowed for significant code re-use, improved code quality, and streamlined development.
- Improved throughput of existing demodulation software by an order of magnitude while also augmenting functionality and resolving issues with numerical stability.
- Designed Python API for the software-defined radio platform that simplified implementation by hardware team and improved user experience.
- Designed and implemented API for a modular, dynamic GUI layout that minimized the amount of software development required when adding and modifying controls for FPGA cores.
Multi-Disciplined Engineer III
- Designed and implemented high performance and fault-tolerant video processing algorithms to assist in navigation and control of systems operating in high-stress environments.
- Awarded Trade Secret for designing and implementing real-time advanced image processing techniques.
- Assisted with the design of and implemented the real-time software-based super resolution technique with patent pending.
- Contributed to proposals for low cost but high gain enhancements to feature set.
- Supported the use of SM-3 in mission outside of its original design requirements to assist in the deorbiting of a satellite.
- Worked with teams throughout the entire process chain of the missile on requirements, interfaces, and problem resolution to help work towards the optimal solution based on both cost and requirements.
Node.js, Python API, JSONP, Redis Queue, React, Puppeteer, QuickBooks API, Python Imaging Library, D3.js
PyCharm, Vim Text Editor, Webpack, Docker Compose, Amazon ElastiCache, Mocha, Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS), MATLAB
ETL, ETL Implementation & Design, Business Intelligence (BI), Back-end Architecture, Kanban, Scrum, Agile, Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Deployment, Continuous Delivery (CD), API Architecture, REST API Architecture, API/Services Architecture, Web Architecture, Distributed Computing, Distributed Programming, Microservices, Microservices Architecture, MapReduce
Linux, MacOS, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Amazon, Docker, Oracle, AWS Lambda, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Mixpanel
PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, PL/SQL, Database Architecture, NoSQL, JSON, Database Administration (DBA), Databases, Distributed Databases, MySQL, Oracle PL/SQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Redis
Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering
Brigham Young University - Provo, UT
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering
Brigham Young University - Provo, UT