Verified Expert in Engineering
Demir is a developer and project manager with over 15 years of professional experience in a wide range of software development roles. He excels as a solo developer, team member, team leader, or manager of multiple distributed teams. He works closely with clients to define ideas and deliver products.
WebStorm, Visual Studio, Full-stack, Databases
The most amazing...
...thing I've worked on is a child tracking smart-watch with a highly scalable back-end for thousands of parents with iOS and Android phones to track children.
Senior Full-stack Developer
- Created ETL workflows for external integration services.
- Collaborated on front-end and back-end purchase order management and data flow.
- Suggested system architecture improvements and implemented some of them.
- Defined a system architecture, interviewed and hired a development team.
- Managed a product development process from the business and development side.
- Monitored development process from systems specification to production.
Fintech Company in Berlin
- Managed a distributed cross-functional team to build an AI-based trading platform.
- Set up system architecture for a full-stack distributed system.
- Collaborated closely with business stakeholders to define business requirements and product scope.
International Payments Platform
- Defined a full product specification and managed a development team that created international remittance mobile app.
- Interviewed and hired development team and set up management processes.
- Created a system architecture including project and code structure and practices for the entire system.
Senior React Developer and DevOps (Amazon AWS) Manager
Orobo (via Toptal)
- Created a front-end application for international money transfer and bill payments based on React.
- Designed AWS infrastructure and configured EC2 instances, load balancers, VPCs, and related services.
- Build a fully automated CI/CD deployment and testing pipeline.
Full-stack Core Developer
Protorisk (DIFC), Ltd. (via Toptal)
- Created a fully customizable dynamic chat flow designer for the next generation of Botpress.io.
- Created a custom queuing library with data persistence in RDBS based on the Eventemitter pattern.
Node.js API Developer
Hotspot (Global), Ltd. (via Toptal)
- Created a RESTful API in Node.js.
- Implemented a PostgreSQL geospatial data model and nearby search.
- Integrated iOS push notifications.
- Worked with the iOS developer to align API architecture and documentation.
- Worked with the client to align functionalities and scope of their product.
Interim VP of Engineering
Labster (via Toptal)
- Created and optimized Agile development processes.
- Implemented and customized JIRA as a platform for managing all teams within the organization.
- Created screening process and test materials for building a QA team.
- Worked with other team members to implement support and service desk.
Head of Development
- Introduced an ITIL process for customer support services.
- Developed and supported an ITSM solution based on the BMC Remedy AR system.
- Worked as a customer consultant, helping customers define and clarify their ideas, product development phases, and scope to ensure quick go-to-market.
- Acted as Scrum master or Scrum product owner on multiple projects based on C# and Node.js.
- Supported sales personnel in customer meetings with regards to planning, technical possibilities, innovation, etc.
- Handled job candidate interviews and evaluations.
- Worked on the development of an ERP solution based on Clarion.
- Specified architecture and managed development of a unified student information system for over 20 faculties of the University of Sarajevo.
- Developed an application for managing procurement processes in large organizations.
- Developed an application for managing payment processes, tracking, and analysis of financial flows.
- Organized training for volunteers from the Faculty of Math and Science.
Bosnia and Herzegovina Automobile Club
- Created a new road assistance and membership management system with a distributed database in over fifteen cities and thirty locations across the country.
- Created a specialized point-of-sales application used in front-office locations.
- Built an application for management and tracking of automobile races under the coordination of the Club.
- Managed a team of eight people responsible for all technology supporting races, including time measurement.
- Designed and developed the official web portal of the Club.
Djikic Software Development
- Worked as a team member developing a CGI-based database management tool for web.
- Created a Microsoft FrontPage plugin for generating database management HTML pages (CRUD).
- Created web portals based on an in-house CMS authoring tool.
- Worked together with a web designer to align client expectations and project cost.
Child tracking device
Node.js / ExpressJS Authentication modulehttps://www.npmjs.org/package/bearer
Fleet management system
Customer support portal
Mirror API Tutorial: Google Glass for Web Developers
What the Hell Is DevOps?
The 5 Most Common Mistakes HTML5 Developers Make: A Beginner’s Guide
Cryptocurrency for Dummies: Bitcoin and Beyond
.NET Core: Going Wild and Open Source. Microsoft, What Took You So Long?!
A Beginner’s Guide to Managing Software Development With Kanban and Trello
Toptal and Facebook - Creating a Global Virtual Office
A Tutorial for Aspiring Google Glass Developers: Building Your First Glass App
The 10 Most Common Mistakes Web Developers Make: A Tutorial for Developers
Express.js, ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET, React Native, AngularJS, Knockout (Knockout.js)
React, Node.js, jQuery, Google Mirror, Google Maps, Facebook API
Kanban, Agile Software Development, Service-oriented Architecture (SOA), REST, Scrum, DevOps, MEAN Stack, ITIL, Agile, Management
Google Glass, Windows, Linux, Android, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Microsoft SQL Server, Databases, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Elasticsearch
Full-stack, Web App Development, Ajax, Software Engineering, Writing & Editing, Google, Software Development, Google Software Engineer, Back-end Development, Fintech, Architecture, CTO, WebSockets, Accounting Software, Digital Banking, BaaS, Cloud Platforms, Payment Gateways, CGI, Lean, Sagas, Artificial Intelligence (AI)
Visual Studio, WebStorm
Professional Scrum Product Owner I (PSPO I) Degree in Agile Project Management
On-line certification (www.scrum.org) - Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Bachelor of Science Degree in Mathematics
University of Sarajevo Faculty of Math and Science - Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Professional Scrum Product Owner 1 (PSPO I)
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring