Senior Full-stack Developer2021 - 2021LVRG
- Created ETL workflows for external integration services.
- Collaborated on front-end and back-end purchase order management and data flow.
- Suggested system architecture improvements and implemented some of them.
CTO2019 - 2020ELI Ident
Technologies: Management, Scrum, Architecture, Fintech, CTO
- Defined a system architecture, interviewed and hired a development team.
- Managed a product development process from the business and development side.
- Monitored development process from systems specification to production.
CTO2019 - 2020Fintech Company in Berlin
Technologies: Architecture, Management, Scrum, Artificial Intelligence (AI), CTO
- Managed a distributed cross-functional team to build an AI-based trading platform.
- Set up system architecture for a full-stack distributed system.
- Collaborated closely with business stakeholders to define business requirements and product scope.
System Architect2018 - 2019International Payments Platform
- Defined a full product specification and managed a development team that created international remittance mobile app.
- Interviewed and hired development team and set up management processes.
- Created a system architecture including project and code structure and practices for the entire system.
Senior React Developer and DevOps (Amazon AWS) Manager2017 - 2018Orobo (via Toptal)
- Created a front-end application for international money transfer and bill payments based on React.
- Designed AWS infrastructure and configured EC2 instances, load balancers, VPCs, and related services.
- Build a fully automated CI/CD deployment and testing pipeline.
Full-stack Core Developer2017 - 2017Protorisk (DIFC), Ltd. (via Toptal)
- Created a fully customizable dynamic chat flow designer for the next generation of Botpress.io.
- Created a custom queuing library with data persistence in RDBS based on the Eventemitter pattern.
Node.js API Developer2016 - 2016Hotspot (Global), Ltd. (via Toptal)
Technologies: PostgreSQL, Node.js
- Created a RESTful API in Node.js.
- Implemented a PostgreSQL geospatial data model and nearby search.
- Integrated iOS push notifications.
- Worked with the iOS developer to align API architecture and documentation.
- Worked with the client to align functionalities and scope of their product.
Interim VP of Engineering2016 - 2016Labster (via Toptal)
Technologies: Lean, Agile, Project Management, CTO
- Created and optimized Agile development processes.
- Implemented and customized JIRA as a platform for managing all teams within the organization.
- Created screening process and test materials for building a QA team.
- Worked with other team members to implement support and service desk.
Head of Development2007 - 2014DevLogic
Technologies: ASP.NET MVC, PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Node.js, C#, CTO
- Introduced an ITIL process for customer support services.
- Developed and supported an ITSM solution based on the BMC Remedy AR system.
- Worked as a customer consultant, helping customers define and clarify their ideas, product development phases, and scope to ensure quick go-to-market.
- Acted as Scrum master or Scrum product owner on multiple projects based on C# and Node.js.
- Supported sales personnel in customer meetings with regards to planning, technical possibilities, innovation, etc.
- Handled job candidate interviews and evaluations.
Developer2004 - 20075th Dimension
Technologies: Microsoft SQL Server, C#, Clarion
- Worked on the development of an ERP solution based on Clarion.
- Specified architecture and managed development of a unified student information system for over 20 faculties of the University of Sarajevo.
- Developed an application for managing procurement processes in large organizations.
- Developed an application for managing payment processes, tracking, and analysis of financial flows.
- Organized training for volunteers from the Faculty of Math and Science.
IT Manager2001 - 2004Bosnia and Herzegovina Automobile Club
- Created a new road assistance and membership management system with a distributed database in over fifteen cities and thirty locations across the country.
- Created a specialized point-of-sales application used in front-office locations.
- Built an application for management and tracking of automobile races under the coordination of the Club.
- Managed a team of eight people responsible for all technology supporting races, including time measurement.
- Designed and developed the official web portal of the Club.
Developer1999 - 2001Djikic Software Development
- Worked as a team member developing a CGI-based database management tool for web.
- Created a Microsoft FrontPage plugin for generating database management HTML pages (CRUD).
- Created web portals based on an in-house CMS authoring tool.
- Worked together with a web designer to align client expectations and project cost.