Corporate Training Director2017 - PRESENTNobleProg
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS, PostgreSQL, Oracle, MongoDB, MySQL, PHP
- Trained the Royal Canadian Navy how to do data analytics on AWS.
- Coached a team of DBA and database developers working for the federal government of Mexico in PostgreSQL administration.
- Instructed a team at Logitech Asia headquarters in testing and tinning PostgreSQL queries.
- Developed the curriculum and syllabus for the following technical areas: PostgreSQL, database development and administration, AWS cloud computing, GCP cloud computing, and MariaDB administration.
- Trained multiple clients in data visualization using PowerBI.
Senior Data Architect2021 - 2022Goodwater Capital
Technologies: Google Cloud Platform (GCP), BigQuery, Apache Airflow, Big Data, SQL
- Migrated environment to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) while managing two data engineers and one data scientist.
- Moved over 20 TB of data to BigQuery. Set up ETL pipeline using Airflow. Tuned queries and designed BI architect system.
- Managed a team of three data professionals. Migrated the entire environment to the cloud.
Technical Director2017 - 2020Immutable Data, Inc.
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Snowflake, Relational Database Services (RDS), PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redshift, Python, AWS, SQL, Metabase, Data Visualization, Big Data, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Google BigQuery, BigQuery
- Developed data warehouses for various clients, including ETL jobs, data lakes, and data pipelines. I designed and administered MySQL clusters as well as PostgreSQL instances.
- Built a custom sports analytics platform for the US Olympic Committee using MySQL, PostgreSQL, Snowflake, and Python. Using DMS, I created an ETL pipeline and used Snowpipe to move raw data dumps into a virtualized Snowflake data lake.
- Set up a data warehouse for a professional social media platform. I designed a pipeline that ingested data from MySQL and PostgreSQL and combined them into a data warehouse I created.
- Performed DBA tasks on MySQL and PostgreSQL instances to ensure reliability and availability. It included troubleshooting slow queries, configuring buffers, provisioning hardware, and networking equipment.
- Created ETL jobs using ETL works platform etlworks.com. We performed multiple transformations from raw dumps, PostgreSQL dumps, to Redshift.
- Hired a team of seasoned data scientists to support client operations.
- Developed multiple dashboards for multiple clients using PowerBI, Metabase, Tableau, and Looker.
Senior Data Engineer2017 - 2017Androdon Capital, Inc.
Technologies: Python, MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Collected 20 years of currency trading data and inserted it into a PostgreSQL database.
- Created a custom Python ETL to aggregate financial data into currency data.
- Developed a high-frequency trading algorithm using C#.
Co-founder2013 - 2017Q2 Metrics
Technologies: PostgreSQL, Oracle, MongoDB, MySQL, PHP
- Created a physician influence tracking tool using over 1.2 billion records from both government and private companies. The transnational nature of the application was powered by a cluster of 5 MySQL servers.
- Optimized MySQL cluster to ingest over 1 billion records and perform sub 1 second queries with over 1000 concurrent connections.
- Managed a high-performing team of full-stack developers.
- Negotiated the sale of the company to a multibillion-dollar conglomerate.
Clinical Applications Developer2008 - 2013Queen's University
Technologies: Unix, PostgreSQL, MySQL, PHP
- Built the first online patient randomization system. It was a revolutionary way to enroll patients into blind randomized control trials. The system was powered by our on-premise My-SQL database cluster of 3 nodes.
- Developed an open source longitudinal in-patient electronic data capture system in conjunction with Vanderbilt University.
- Constructed a custom electronic data collection system for the largest nutritional-based randomized in-patient clinical trial study.
- Performed SysAdmin tasks on a cluster of Unix servers where MySQL was installed and running. It included patching, troubleshooting slow queries and ensuring uptime.
Oracle Developer2007 - 2008Canadian Cancer Institute of Canada
Technologies: C#, Oracle
- Developed Oracle Forms to collect and analyze clinical trial data.
- Implemented a proprietary EDC system called Medidata Rave.
- Migrated the past clinical trial data from a legacy system into a new system.