Corporate Training Director2017 - PRESENTNobleProg
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS, PostgreSQL, Oracle, MongoDB, MySQL, PHP
- Trained the Royal Canadian Navy on how to do data analytics on AWS.
- Trained a team of DBA and database developer working for the federal goverment of Mexico on PostgreSQL administration.
- Trained a team at Logitech Asia headquarters on Testing and tinning PostgreSQL queries.
- Developed the curriculum and syllabus for the following technical areas: PostgreSQL, database development and administration, AWS cloud computing, GCP cloud computing, and MariaDB administration.
Technical Director2017 - 2020Immutable Data, Inc.
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Snowflake, Relational Database Services (RDS), PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redshift, Python, AWS, SQL
- Developed data warehouses for a variety of clients which also included ETL jobs, data lakes, and data pipelines. I designed and adminster MySQL clusters as well as Postgres instances.
- Built a custom sports analytics platform for the US Olympic Committee. Using MySQL, Postgres, Snowflake and python. Using DMS I created an ETL pipeline using snowpipe to move raw data dumps into a virtualized Snowflake data lake.
- Setup a data-warehouse for a professional social media platform. I designed a pipeline that ingested data from MySQL and PostgreSQL and combined them into a data warehouse I designed.
- Perform DBA tasks on MySQL and PostgresSQL instances to ensure reliability and availability. It included troubleshooting slow queries, configuring buffers, provisioning hardware and networking equipment.
- Created ETL jobs using ETL works platform (www.etlworks.com). Multiple transformations were done from raw dumps, Postgres dumps to Redshift.
- Hired a team of seasoned data scientists to support client operations.
Senior Data Engineer2017 - 2017Androdon Capital, Inc.
Technologies: Python, MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Collected 20 years of currency trading data and inserted it into a PostgreSQL database.
- Created a custom Python ETL to aggregate financial data into currency data.
- Developed a high-frequency trading algorithm using C#.
Co-founder2013 - 2017Q2 Metrics
Technologies: PostgreSQL, Oracle, MongoDB, MySQL, PHP
- Created a physician influence tracking tool using over 1.2 billion records from both government and private companies. The transnational nature of the application was powered by a cluster of 5 MySQL servers.
- Optimized MySQL cluster to ingest over 1 billion records and perform sub 1 second queries with over 1000 concurrent connections.
- Managed a high-performing team of full-stack developers.
- Negotiated the sale of the company to a multibillion-dollar conglomerate.
Clinical Applications Developer2008 - 2013Queen's University
Technologies: Unix, PostgreSQL, MySQL, PHP
- Built the first online patient randomization system. It was a revolutionary way to enroll patients into blind randomized control trials. The system was powered by our on-premise My-SQL database cluster of 3 nodes.
- Developed an open source longitudinal in-patient electronic data capture system in conjunction with Vanderbilt University.
- Constructed a custom electronic data collection system for the largest nutritional-based randomized in-patient clinical trial study.
- Performed SysAdmin tasks on a cluster of Unix servers where MySQL was installed and running. It included patching, troubleshooting slow queries and ensuring uptime.
Oracle Developer2007 - 2008Canadian Cancer Institute of Canada
Technologies: C#, Oracle
- Developed Oracle Forms to collect and analyze clinical trial data.
- Implemented a proprietary EDC system called Medidata Rave.
- Migrated the past clinical trial data from a legacy system into a new system.