Lead Front-end Developer2020 - 2020Cooperative Bank
Technologies: ECMAScript (ES6), HTML5, BEM, React Testing Library, Jest, Hooks, SCSS, Redux, React
- Led a team of three front-end developers to rebuild the current account form using React and Redux. The current account form is one of the key forms to bring clients to the bank as well as one with the highest traffic.
- Focused the development on performance, test, accessibility, and mobile-first.
- Worked thoroughly on the accessibility as it had to match the highest standards.
- Created all unit and integration tests using the Jest and Testing library.
- Joined the team with the Redux data flow already designed but helped update it to improve performance and scalability.
- Involved in meetings with DevOps, designers, back-end, and POs to build a strategy on how to manage expectations, achieve goals, and improve work.
Lead Front-end Developer2018 - 2020Accenture | University of Manchester
- Wrote the documentation, guidelines, and lint for the team to follow.
- Kickstarted the foundation for HTML, SCSS, and ES6 to be the main components using BEM-ish, so the UI components could be modified and extended by the team.
- Communicated with designers and business analysts to make a consistent UI library so the project would have a maintainable and manageable components library legacy left to the university when the handover happens.
- Mentored junior developerss into best practices and facilitated problem-solving. The team consisted of three front-end developers (two juniors and one mid-level) and we all created and integrated the designed UI components with the back end.
- Wrote code and guided and supported the other members of the team so we can collectively make decisions about which technology to use and other approaches to take.
Senior Front-end Developer2017 - 2018Loggly
- Helped to rebuild the company’s main product UI based on new designs.
Senior Front-end Developer2017 - 2017Befunky
- Worked together with the team and built a new user interface to move away from the outdated Flash app.
Senior Front-end Developer2016 - 2016Consumer Affairs (via Toptal)
- Helped to develop and migrate sections of the website to new UI designs.
Senior Front-end Developer2015 - 2016YouView
Technologies: CSS, jQuery, Gulp.js
- Created multiple themes for the TV box UI. Those themes were among the company partnerships as well accessibility.
- Improved the performance of the CSS on the TV box UI since the boxes had low-powered processors.
Lead Front-end Developer2014 - 2015A Global Management Consulting and Professional Services Firm
- Led a team of three front-end developers where one was based in the UK and two in India to redesign the UI of an application for the Scottish Police.
- Created a CSS framework to be used to revamp the UI.
- Wrote documentation about the new framework with code samples and UI examples.
- Created templates (as well as many snippets of code) to be integrated with a Java back-end.
- Held many meetings with all the back-end developers to make the process seamlessly to the test team.
Senior Front-end Developer2014 - 2014AKQA
- Developed the front end for a project for Vodafone that was integrated with a back end using a CQ framework.
Front-end Developer2014 - 2014Wunderman
Technologies: HTML5, CSS3, jQuery
- Built a prototype for a client. The project was a banner that would load the data from a RESTful API. To create the project, I used mostly jQuery, CSS3, and HTML5.
Senior Front-end Developer2014 - 2014Sainsbury
- Worked with other front-end developers to create a new product for the company.
- Juggled working with almost five front-end developers within the same team—we had to split the work between us and create a module based on CSS.
Senior Front-end Developer2013 - 2014Syzygy
- Created HTML templates based on a design that was to be integrated with a .NET application.
Full-stack Developer2012 - 2012ICC Lowe
Technologies: HTML5, CSS, jQuery, PHP, Node.js
- Developed a Twitter map application using Node.js.
- Created multiple marketing websites for clients.
Senior Front-end Developer2011 - 2012Potato
- Worked on many marketing projects for YouTube.
- Created templates for Google Small Business campaigns in more than 30 countries.