Big Data Architect2019 - PRESENTVodafone
Technologies: Data Engineering, Apache Airflow, Data Warehouse Design, Data Warehousing, SQL, Apache Spark, Big Data Architecture, Big Data, Apache Beam, NiFi, Scala, Tableau, BigQuery, GeoPandas, Python, Spark, Hadoop, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), GIS, Data Architecture, GeoSpark, Apache NiFi, GitLab CI/CD, Cloud Dataflow, PostgreSQL, Apache Kafka, Data Modeling, ETL, Unix, Pandas, NumPy, Data Pipelines, Machine Learning, Jenkins, Data Science, Redis, Linux, Jupyter Notebook, Google Cloud Dataproc, Google BigQuery, Continuous Integration (CI)
- Designed data pipelines for different data sources types using GCP cloud technologies.
- Developed and implemented ETL jobs using Spark.
- Transformed data sources using Spark.
- Developed and implemented analytical jobs using Spark.
- Developed and built geospatial analysis models with Spark to do parallel geoprocessing.
- Implemented and developed data pipelines to ingest data from on-premise clusters into a cloud data lake.
- Developed dashboards for businesses using Tableau.
- Worked and developed use cases on on-premise clusters.
- Migrated data and jobs from on-premise to cloud clusters.
- Designed and apply modeling for data stores to be used for reporting.
Senior Python Developer2018 - 2019Rio Tinto (via Toptal)
Technologies: Data Engineering, Apache Airflow, SQL, Big Data Architecture, Big Data, Azure, Kubernetes, Docker, MongoDB, Redis, Apache Kafka, Flask, Django REST Framework, Python, PostgreSQL, Data Architecture, GitLab CI/CD, Data Modeling, ETL, Unix, Data Pipelines, Linux, Continuous Integration (CI), Prometheus
- Built a data processing platform to process seismic events.
- Created a RESTful API to store and retrieve seismic data and files.
- Used Kafka as a message bus between all modules.
- Implemented Redis as a cache to store data needed to accessed frequently by the pipeline.
- Built an admin UI by Django to administer configurations and saved objects.
- Integrated the API with different processing pipeline stages to trigger sync-and-async processing of data.
- Migrated and converted a Flask API to a Django RESTful API.
- Worked with docker containerized environments for different pipeline modules.
- Worked with automated deployment pipelines on Kubernetes.
- Developed and ran components on the Microsoft Azure cloud platform.
Senior Big Data Engineer2017 - 2019Orange Business Services
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Data Engineering, SQL, Apache Spark, Big Data, Azure Data Lake, AWS S3, AWS, Azure, Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, MongoDB, Cassandra, Elasticsearch, Apache Hive, Apache Kafka, NiFi, Spark, Hadoop, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Automation, Data Architecture, Apache NiFi, Python, Data Modeling, ETL, Unix, Pandas, NumPy, Data Pipelines, Linux, Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP), Google Cloud Dataproc, Google BigQuery, HBase
- Developed new business use cases with big data technologies.
- Created analytical and ETL jobs using Spark.
- Built data pipelines to ingest data into different data lakes like Azure DataLake.
- Developed new PoCs for customers to build big data platforms over cloud environments.
- Constructed a real-time monitoring platform to monitor all customers servers hosted on cloud.
- Implemented a new centralized Elasticsearch to collect metrics from all customers servers.
- Designed and built multiple dashboards for systems monitoring use cases using Tableau and Power BI.
- Developed multiple automated scripts for most day-to-day tasks.
- Handled and optimized the performance of the big data platforms.
- Managed the Hadoop clusters with all included services.
- Developed scripts and modules that automate day-to-day tasks.
- Led a squad for automation and self-monitoring activities.
- Upgraded on-premise Hadoop cluster version.
- Managed and added new nodes and disks to on-premise Hadoop.
- Installed and built the security of Hadoop clusters using Kerberos, Knox, and Ranger.
- Worked on different cloud platforms like Azure and AWS.
DWH and Campaigns Senior Developer2014 - 2017Etisalat
Technologies: Data Warehouse Design, Data Warehousing, SQL, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), PrimeFaces, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, Teradata, Spark, Spring, JSF, Java, Python, Apache Spark, MySQL, Data Architecture, Data Modeling, ETL, Aprimo, Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP), HBase
- Developed analysis and segmentation models to build customer profiles.
- Created offering and campaign applications to create targeted and non-targeted campaigns that reach millions of customers daily.
- Built real-time engines that serve and fulfill millions of customer requests per hour.
- Designed and developed massive complex platforms that interact with many different systems.
- Developed real-time location based advertising platform to send users offers based on their current location.
- Developed multiple data monetization solutions to be used by third-party advertisers.
- Developed and integrated the campaigns applications with many channels to empower business to reach users using there preferred channels.
- Built many web applications to empower business users to easily interact with campaigns platform.
- Designed and put architecture of DWH models for reporting and segmentations.
- Developed ETL and Integration jobs from different sources to DWH.
MIS Specialist2013 - 2014ADIB
Technologies: Data Warehousing, Data Warehouse Design, SQL, Sybase, Crystal Reports, SAP BusinessObjects (BO), Data Architecture, Data Modeling
- Designed and implemented new database models for reporting purposes.
- Developed extraction jobs and stored procedures.
- Implemented Business Objects universes and developed Business Objects reports.
- Developed custom Crystal Reports.
- Performed data transformation.
DWH Support Analyst2012 - 2013Etisalat
Technologies: Data Warehouse Design, Data Warehousing, SQL, Teradata Warehouse Miner, Unix Shell Scripting, Datastage, Oracle, Teradata, Aprimo
- Deployed and fixed issues for production ETL jobs, data mining, and analytic models.
- Developed new shell scripts for automatic monitoring and alarms for production issues.
Software Developer2011 - 2012ITS
Technologies: SQL, Java, Sybase, Oracle
- Developed new modules in core banking applications.
- Handled a full migration of the trade finance applications from Sybase to a SQL server.
- Implemented a full-service interface for a trade finance application.
- Developed custom reports using Crystal Reports.