- Principal Software Engineer2015 - PRESENTDell
Technologies: ASP.NET, WebAPI, AngularJS
- Contributed to the development of a platform that was intended to replace all of Dell's legacy systems used by the sales team. The system processed USD $5+ billion worth of orders last year.
- Cooperated with the UX team to introduce a variety of UI changes to the product configuration screen.
- Worked on pilot projects to introduce globalization and internationalization features for the entire codebase.
- Provided a course of lectures to ramp up fresh grads and interns on .NET and our product.
- Mentored a couple of fresh grads and interns.
- Parallelized bulk order flow, which reduced order processing time by up to 15x, with average speed improvement of 7.5x.
- Senior Software Engineer2011 - 2015Akmosoft, LLC
- Maintained and developed a 40+ megabyte codebase of the ASP.NET customer service portal used by the company’s 30,000+ customers as a part of the international engineering team.
- Converted certain portions of the old PHP application into a portal and handled PostgreSQL database conversion.
- Senior Software Engineer2010 - 2011Freelance
- Developed a web application for a company specializing in light pole construction. Proposed a number of process enhancements reducing the time to process customer orders.
- Created a set of interactive mortgage calculators with a visual settings builder for the Australian market.
- Senior Software Engineer2008 - 2011Diasoft, LLC
- Supported 30+ megabytes of a legacy codebase as part of the engineering team. Refactored large portions of this code written by different people during the portal’s lifecycle.
- Optimized and refactored existing UI components, reducing the time spent on debugging by approximately 600 man-hours annually, department-wide.
- Optimized old T-SQL procedures, making them work up to 100 times faster with an average improvement of approximately 180%, greatly reducing the user complaints ratio.
- Software Engineer2005 - 2008Freelance
Technologies: Computer Technologies
- Developed, maintained, and marketed 20+ feature-rich mortgage calculators. Created a product with 700+ customers and 35,000+ installations worldwide.
- Built online “residential mortgage loan application” software (Form 1003).
- Created a custom CMS for a large financial institution. Managed two developers on the project.
- Programmed a number of smaller projects for clients, mostly from United States.
- Software Engineer2004 - 2005Incap, Inc.
Technologies: Web Development
- Participated in the development of an official website for the Russian Ice Hockey Federation.
- Participated in development of a library, database structure, and UI for the recurring billing application.
- Software Engineer2000 - 2004Yaroslavl State University
Technologies: Computer Technology
- Developed a custom CMS for a major Russian cellular services provider and maintained it for five years.
- Developed a website for a Russia Premier League soccer club and maintained it for three years.
- Developed and integrated a CMS module to track equipment movement for a building company.
- Helped develop six multimedia CDs. Developed a set of controls and utilities that almost doubled the speed of product development and deployment.
- Created a multitude of in-house applications for a variety of internal customers.