Jason Earl Lopez
Verified Expert in Engineering
Data Analytics and Visualization Developer
Jason is an experienced data and analytics architect specializing in projects involving the Microsoft BI Stack, Azure infrastructure, and a variety of data visualization tools. He has successfully implemented solutions in industries ranging from marketing and genetics to insurance and logistics. His curiosity and insight into business result in an intimate understanding of client needs and his technical expertise translates those needs into best-in-class products.
DevOps, SQL, Microsoft Power BI, Azure Data Factory, Azure Cosmos DB, Azure Machine Learning, Tableau, CI/CD Pipelines, Visio, Microsoft PowerPoint
The most amazing...
...feedback I've received from clients is that I get them excited. I'm passionate about what I do and nothing's better than seeing that reflected by my clients.
Enterprise Data Architect
- Promoted from an SQL developer to a lead data architect within three months.
- Developed a methodology to support a new analytics practice, including standard request flows, user training, accepted data science methodologies, dissemination, and situation report designs.
- Took ownership of database development due to API performance issues. Proposed a new design pattern, led the development efforts, and successfully implemented the newly designed assets under budget and before the initial deadline.
- Integrated a database development team seamlessly into SDLC.
- Introduced the first organization analytics dashboard and Power BI data models.
- Redesigned the entire database structure to support a member portal supporting up to 500,000 users.
- Led data migration efforts and designed the infrastructure to capitalize on Azure services.
Business Intelligence Architect
- Analyzed the existing database, ETL, and analytics infrastructure and processes.
- Presented stakeholders with assessment conclusions and a framework for implementing recommended changes within one year.
- Interfaced with the development team, business users, and stakeholders to conceptualize three enterprise-level Proof of Concept (POC) addressing organizational data and analytics needs.
- Assisted organization in identifying and prioritizing project work related to infrastructure and development required for analytics product implementations affecting 10 departments.
- Designed complex process flows, infrastructure diagrams, and data models for a final executive-level architecture proposal.
Senior Analytics Engineer
- Developed short, medium, and long-term project goals that align with organizational strategic objectives.
- Led the design and development of cloud-based solutions utilizing DevOps, Data Factory, Azure SQL, Azure Analysis Services, and Power BI.
- Provided expertise and analytics to facilitate a well-informed decision-making process.
- Developed presentations to explain and advocate for technical solution related to data and analytics.
- Translated business requirements into technical specifications for project planning.
Lead Business Intelligence Engineer
- Designed enterprise cloud (Azure) infrastructure including database, ETL, semantic layer and data visualizations (SQL, Microsoft Data Transformation Services (now SSIS), Azure Data Factory, Azure Analysis Services, Tableau, and Power BI).
- Gathered business requirements as baseline for the design of an analytics infrastructure for a new line of business.
- Designed and implemented an automated and fully managed cloud ETL infrastructure using BIML framework, T4 templates, Microsoft Data Transformation Services (now SSIS), Azure Data Factory, and Azure Integration Runtime.
- Designed an enterprise data warehouse, Data Marts, and data models to facilitate analysis across multiple functional areas.
- Established standards defining the Cloud-based semantic data layer attributes, data governance, and presentation methodologies.
- Devised, documented and drove implementation of short, medium, and long-term strategic goals.
- Managed team workflow and projects within an Agile framework.
- Built infrastructure diagrams, process flows, relationship models, and other documentation for stakeholder presentations to ensure business continuity.
Neugen Analytics Practice Implementationhttps://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1FbheUTkSD_G8D6ph-dQuv-FEJwFHjJ3v?usp=sharing
Waukesha County COVID-19 Reporting Assessmenthttps://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1FproZMAtxVMh5dLLlRhFJaEUu-9ddfNs?usp=sharing
Consumer Engagement Application & Analytics Initiativehttps://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1iJ-3ieLQSmGK_ek9XZN4R6Sz0-NoMkIL/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=101185391971638225920&rtpof=true&sd=true
SQL, T-SQL (Transact-SQL), BIML, XML, C#, R
Visio, Microsoft PowerPoint, GitHub, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Power BI, Tableau, Azure Logic Apps, SQL Server Profiler, Tableau Desktop Pro, Microsoft Power Apps, Azure Machine Learning
Database Design, ETL, Business Intelligence (BI), DevOps, OLAP, Agile, Scrum, Data Science, Best Practices
Azure SQL, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Azure SQL Databases, SQL Stored Procedures, Database Performance, Microsoft SQL Server, Relational Databases, Databases, Database Architecture, Data Pipelines, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), In-memory Databases, OLTP, SSAS Tabular, Azure Cosmos DB
Azure Data Factory, Process Flows, Data Modeling, Presentation Design, IT Projects, Architecture, Data Visualization, Assessment Development, Findings & Recommendations Reports, Technical Requirements, User Requirements, Presentations, Analytics, Data Analytics, Dashboards, Data Engineering, ETL Tools, Healthcare Services, Healthcare & Insurance, Data Migration, Data Warehousing, Data Analysis, Database Schema Design, Reporting, Integration, Data Architecture, Data Warehouse Design, Logical Database Design, Data Analysis Consultant, Data Management, SSRS Reports, CI/CD Pipelines, Memory Optimization, Build Pipelines, Azure Synapse, Proof of Concept (POC), Process Analysis, Project Estimation, Planning, DAX, Linear Regression, Classification, Tableau Server, Funnel Analysis, Machine Learning, API Connectors, Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Office 365, Data-level Security, Mobile Apps, Mobile Analytics, Azure Service Bus, Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Azure Resource Manager (ARM), Embarcadero RAD Studio, APIs, Software Development, Power Shell Commands, Risk Assessment, Training, Data Flows, Systems Analysis, Budgeting, Coaching, Team Mentoring, Goal-directed Design, Agile DevOps, Research & Investigation, Value Analysis, ROI, Google BigQuery
AASD in Software Applications and Programming
ITT Technical Institute - Greenfield, WI, USA