- Senior DeveloperTalentbox SA/Metrilio SA2011 - PRESENT
- Migrated a dozen separate customer-specific Rails applications into a new unified configurable online platform, reducing the time to set up a new customer from 1 month to 3 days.
- Maintained a very large Rails code base with hundreds of tables and models, undergoing several re-factoring processes to always allow for adding new features while keeping maintenance time under control.
- Added thousands of integration tests to avoid regressions, reduce errors, and reduce the need for human testing, which was previous a full-time job for one person.
- Improved production from one deployment per month to multiple deployments per day.
- Software ArchitectKneip Communication SA2009 - 2011
- Created a platform for financial institutions to browse their fund publication matrix, allowing them to view and search in real time inside the content of a report that the company couldn't generate daily anymore due to a stressed Oracle database with a lot of stored procedures.
- Built a multiple-internal API to synchronize legacy applications developed in different programming languages together.
- Programmed a mail robot API to communicate with ClearStream during all the steps of the fund creation in order to get a new ISIN code.
- Developed a new platform to centralize all the documents related to funds and allow fast batch import of data in a bi-temporal database with a very complex permission system.
- Computer ProgrammerAkira Web SA2006 - 2009
- Created a website in 17 languages for Chanel promoting their latest perfume.
- Built a communication platform for the leadership of a leading international steel and mining company via SMS notifications.
- Programmed an in-house CMS in PHP to power websites localized in many languages, allowing people to create their own forms and wizards and bind them to multiple custom services.
- Handled multiple dedicated servers and scaled PostgreSQL to multiple servers.
- Started using Rails more and more often to develop prototypes even faster.
- DeveloperArtic Media Sàrl2006 - 2006
- Created a platform to find real estate based on geolocation grouped by labor pool.
- Built a website for a jewelry store with great attention to usability and accessibility.
- Programmed a website for a big local shopping center from scratch and worked on SEO until it was in the top 10 on Google searches for all relevant keywords, and even ranked 1st when searching on just the name of the city for multiple months.
- Organized online contests where it's possible to win real money, and worked on preventing people from being able to cheat the system.
- Analyst/ProgrammerLorweb Sàrl2005 - 2006
- Converted manual entries for a local football team into a searchable database with intelligible charts.
- Extended an in-house CMS to allow customers to create new pages in multiple languages more easily.
- Created a task to load, parse, and sync multiple directories of XML files with an online database.
- Scaled a Microsoft SQL-based website by creating specific indexes and optimizing query speed for paginated objects.
- CEOEkzakt Sàrl2001 - 2005
- Managed customer expectations; responsible for estimates and team planning.
- Launched a successful multilingual online store to sell art pieces.
- Converted 2D schematics into 3D graphics, improved customer/dealership communication, and learned how to register a patent.
- Helped a customer digitize his growing paper documents archive.
- Taught clients webmaster skills necessary to keep their company websites up-to-date.
- Used Flash vector and scripting capabilities to create responsive websites, serving different content depending on resolution.