- Freelance Web Developer805 Collective2012 - PRESENT
Technologies: WordPress, Drupal, HTML, CSS, jQuery, PHP
- Built custom WordPress themes for several high-traffic websites.
- Built a custom client-side tool for cropping and resizing uploaded images in memory.
- Refactored large CSS code bases to use Sass.
- Wrote custom Drupal and WordPress logic to meet unique client needs.
- Senior Front-End ArchitectEmma2010 - PRESENT
Technologies: React, Redux, Backbone, Node, Hapi, Django, Python, Postgres, Redis, AWS
- Created a drag-and-drop editor for building HTML emails.
- Helped teams onboard Backbone, Marionette, React, Flux, Node, Hapi, and unit testing best practices through personal training and development of best practices and boilerplates.
- Helped make the transition from a monolithic application to a service-oriented architecture.
- Built a custom WebSockets server that connected to a massively distributed, event driven architecture system and sent real-time updates to end users.
- Web DeveloperThe Parable Group2001 - 2010
- Built and maintained a proprietary eCommerce engine, used by hundreds of clients for hundreds of thousands of shoppers.
- Created a custom intranet used by all employees for day-to-day operations.
- Developed custom Access-powered data entry and admin tools that were used internally for day-to-day operations.
- Ported old classic ASP web applications into ASP.NET.
- Styled, reskinned, and customized eCommerce UI and navigation for hundreds of clients.
- Freelance Web DeveloperSelf-Employed2004 - 2009
- Created and deployed custom WordPress themes for sites receiving tens of thousands of unique visitors monthly.
- Built custom eCommerce solutions for independent retailers.
- Created eCommerce proofs of concept for clients using Drupal and Magento.
- Developed custom PHP web applications so clients could collect and process new customer information.
- Helped recover data and improve security for large, high traffic WordPress instances following security breaches by hackers.