Joshua is a front-end architect and web application developer. He has 15 years of professional experience in building highly interactive web applications.
Git, Vim Text Editor, OS X
The most amazing...
...project I've worked on was a highly customized drag-and-drop editor to compose HTML emails that display perfectly across all inboxes, both mobile and desktop.
Freelance Web Developer
- Built custom WordPress themes for several high-traffic websites.
- Built a custom client-side tool for cropping and resizing uploaded images in memory.
- Refactored large CSS code bases to use Sass.
- Wrote custom Drupal and WordPress logic to meet unique client needs.
Senior Front-End Architect
- Created a drag-and-drop editor for building HTML emails.
- Helped teams onboard Backbone, Marionette, React, Flux, Node, Hapi, and unit testing best practices through personal training and development of best practices and boilerplates.
- Helped make the transition from a monolithic application to a service-oriented architecture.
- Built a custom WebSockets server that connected to a massively distributed, event driven architecture system and sent real-time updates to end users.
The Parable Group
- Built and maintained a proprietary eCommerce engine, used by hundreds of clients for hundreds of thousands of shoppers.
- Created a custom intranet used by all employees for day-to-day operations.
- Developed custom Access-powered data entry and admin tools that were used internally for day-to-day operations.
- Ported old classic ASP web applications into ASP.NET.
- Styled, reskinned, and customized eCommerce UI and navigation for hundreds of clients.
Freelance Web Developer
- Created and deployed custom WordPress themes for sites receiving tens of thousands of unique visitors monthly.
- Built custom eCommerce solutions for independent retailers.
- Created eCommerce proofs of concept for clients using Drupal and Magento.
- Developed custom PHP web applications so clients could collect and process new customer information.
- Helped recover data and improve security for large, high traffic WordPress instances following security breaches by hackers.
Hapi.js, Redux, Flux, ASP, ASP.NET, Express.js, Underscore.String, Flask, Django
React, Underscore.js, jQuery, Node.js, Lodash, Backbone.js, Sinon.JS, Backbone.Marionette, Socket.IO, SQLAlchemy
Mocha, Grunt, Vim Text Editor, Webpack, Amazon CloudFront CDN, Babel, Browserify, Git, Microsoft Access, Logstash, Bamboo
Unit Testing, Functional Programming, Agile Software Development, Scrum
WordPress, MacOS, Drupal, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Linux, OS X, Magento, Ubuntu
Amazon S3 (AWS S3), Redis, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, Memcached, MongoDB, PostgreSQL
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
California Polytechnic State University - San Luis Obispo, California