Business Intelligence Consultant2016 - PRESENTUBS
- Worked for UBS and the nature of the work is subject to NDA.
Database Consultant2018 - 2018The Dominion Group
Technologies: Microsoft Excel, PostgreSQL, Excel-DNA
- Created a custom add-in for Excel 2010 and above. The add-in provides a set of functions that pull data from remote PostgreSQL instance, over the Internet.
- Tested the product with different Microsoft Office versions: 2010, 2016, 2019, 365.
- Prepared documentation: PDF and videos.
- Answered users queries and provided support.
Software Developer2017 - 2018Motorola Solutions
Technologies: C#, SQLite, Azure Active Directory
- Designed and implemented a Windows service for monitoring Active Directory updates.
Database Consultant2016 - 2016Nordea Group
- Carried out an audit of a bespoke database system.
- Implemented a feasibility study of new requirements and risk analysis.
- Provided a review of the system to the management of the project.
Data Architect | Solution Architect2012 - 2016BP p.l.c.
Technologies: C#.NET, Azure Active Directory, Windows Server, Microsoft SQL Server
- Designed and had a key role in the implementation of a user-and-workstation-activity data warehouse; specifically a management information class system. Its purpose was to help the company to improve its business processes, operations, and financial efficiency by providing reports and data for analysis. The scope of the product were the end users, workstations, and IT services.
- Created and implemented the system architecture, database back-end, and the ETL and WCF API design.
- Developed the modeling process which concentrated on UML (use case, class, sequence diagrams) as well as data flow, and entity-relationship diagrams.
- Built a database component that involved advanced programming features of Microsoft SQL Server such as a CLR integration, distributed transactions, and XML processing.
- Designed and managed the implementation of a self-service intranet site for managing IT services (such as mailboxes, user accounts, distribution lists, and VPN tokens) for 80,000 employees. The purpose of the site was to support the ITIL processes.
- Designed and implemented the system architecture, database design, integration with external systems (LDAP, SOAP web services, REST web services, ODBC), WCF API of the back-end component and long-running workflows.
- Built a system using Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard, WCF SOAP web services, and an active directory with Kerberos authentication, IIS AppFabric 1.1, and C#.NET 4.0.
- Prepared documentation for the client.
- Liaised with client's technical authorities and infrastructure managers.
Database Administratior | SQL Developer2008 - 2012BP p.l.c.
Technologies: VB, C#, Microsoft SQL Server
- Migrated a reporting platform from the Microsoft SQL Server 2000 to the 2005 version and later to 2008 R2.
- Designed and implemented new data feeds into the reporting system.
- Designed new reports for mid-level managers and enriched the existing ones with additional data.
- Maintained and adapted the system to new requirements and a changing environment.
Microsoft Access Database Developer2006 - 2008Ideal Shopping Direct
Technologies: SQL Server 2000, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
- Developed applications for stock control, EDI, work time and performance monitoring with Microsoft Access (VBA) and Microsoft SQL Server (backend).
- Created reports from the collected data with Microsoft Access and Excel (automatic generation of spreadsheets from VBA code).