Verified Expert in Engineering
Mark is a software engineer with over eight years of experience in full-stack development (web and mobile). He is a graduate of the German University in Cairo and currently pursuing a part-time master's degree at the Technical University of Munich. Throughout his career, Mark has gained valuable experience in TypeScript, React, React Native, Node.js, and Ruby on Rails, CI/CD, and DevOps. He has worked on several projects in the fintech and eCommerce industries.
MacOS, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), GitHub, Terminal
The most amazing...
...experience I have had is participating in the ACM International Collegiate Programming Contest.
- Participated in a cross-functional team working on various projects as part of the merchant services organization for retail merchants.
- Led a project related to staff management on the Point of Sale app and regularly updated relevant stakeholders.
- Mentored new hires and demoed new features for the team.
- Participated in a cross-functional team building the website for merchant onboarding flow and KYC.
- Worked on a task force to improve merchant portal UI/UX.
- Worked on constructing and maintaining the merchant onboarding platform monorepo.
- Mentored new hires and conducted knowledge-sharing sessions for the team.
- Developed a club management software for clubs and organizations to manage their finances, memberships, and send-outs.
- Built a mobile app for club and organization members to share news and events and communicate with other members.
- Used Trello and GitHub for work processes and deliverables.
- Took part in a small cross-functional team building a mobile and web app for rating and reviewing local businesses.
- Developed iOS applications using Objective-C and Swift.
- Built a back-end service and an admin panel using the Yii PHP framework with MySQL as the database.
- Created a cross-platform mobile app using React Native.
- Developed an MVP for a video feed application for sports.
- Used React Native with Redux Thunk for the Redux state and Router Flux for navigation.
- Used a custom component on top of a React Native video component for implementing video controls.
- Used a Firebase push notification service for receiving push notifications on feed updates.
- Fetched videos and added new ones automatically using a Firebase real-time database.
Media & More
- Built Vanilla PHP web applications from scratch for clients.
- Applied PSD documents from design to HTML5 and CSS3.
- Created admin panels and used MySQL database for storing data.
gfxApp | Mobile App
Zoobe GmbH | Undergraduate Projecthttps://github.com/markmorcos/parse-voucher
Bootstrap, React Native, Express.js, Redux, Ruby on Rails (RoR), Zend Framework, Yii, Laravel, Next.js, CodeIgniter, Django, Angular
React, Node.js, jQuery, Vue, OpenGL
GitHub, Git, Jenkins, Terminal, Sublime Text, AWS CloudFormation
Unit Testing, Test-driven Development (TDD)
iOS, Android, Firebase, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Ubuntu, Parse Server, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), MacOS, Joomla, WordPress, Buildkite
MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, Microsoft SQL Server
Ajax, CI/CD Pipelines, APIs, Design Systems, Nx, Videos, Storybook
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science and Engineering
German University in Cairo - Cairo, Egypt