Verified Expert in Engineering
Matthew is a full-stack developer with over five years of experience and a proven track record of delivering successful projects for small to mid-sized teams in various industries, including marketing and logistics. Matthew uses React and Node.js to help build the next generation of software products. Matthew is committed to using best practices to create scalable and user-friendly solutions and is always eager to take on new challenges and contribute to exciting projects.
GitHub, Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
The most amazing...
...experience I've had was helping a small tech company rebuild its old website using React, improving performance by 82% and enhancing mobile usage for users.
- Produced SEO-focused articles using automated programming techniques.
- Fixed database-related production bugs that hampered user experience.
- Collaborated closely with stakeholders to problem-solve tech-related issues.
- Migrated database from Airtable to MySQL through parsing and injection.
- Reduced database queries by 66%, resulting in 30% faster query times.
- Collaborated exceptionally well in a mid-sized team of UX designers, QA specialists, and developers at a logistics startup company.
- Implemented new features related to merchant workflows, serving over 100,000 active users across Asia.
- Improved render performance of high-traffic pages by 12% using React best practices.
- Worked with four microservices out of 10+ services creating API endpoints using Express.js and Node.js.
- Developed and created Unit Tests for delivery pricing models using Jest.
- Created migration files for PostgreSQL (Sequelize) to support new models.
Front-end Developer for Artist Website
- Integrated Spring-based scroll animations and event animations using React-Spring, resulting in better and smoother user interactivity.
- Designed and translated bespoke mockups of video backgrounds, animations, and custom components into front-end interfaces using React and Tailwind CSS.
- Developed internationalization i18n support using i18next. The website has currently been translated into Chinese and English, supporting future languages.
- Built reusable React components and animations throughout the project for increased modularity and development speeds.
- Designed landing pages for featured films that grossed over $2 million in revenue, including movies such as Gatao and Little Big Women.
- Adopted modular UI/UX design to optimize component reusability and CSS file size. This contribution helped with the maintainability of development and reduced CSS load speeds by 34%.
- Improved the brand style for the Taipei Film Fund website by implementing modern practices and minimalistic design. By creating a cohesive brand style, consumers associated the website with "luxury" and "quality."
- Collaborated with developers to create the UI that allowed for live updates, user authentication, and patron functionality.
- Accelerated product development speed by 55% by designing MVP products using MUI components.
Front-end Web Developer
Homlan International Corporation
- Improved web traffic by 41% through better performance and SEO changes. This was achieved using best practices and creating a streamlined experience for marketers to update information quickly.
- Improved load speeds by 82% by migrating legacy codebase to create dynamically generated static pages using Gatsby.js and integrating CDN services.
- Implemented a headless content management system (CMS) that hosted 30+ items with highly customizable pages, including product pages, spec sheets, blog posts, and more.
- Achieved scores of 95+ for Google Lighthouse page quality audits by improving accessibility, PWA support, and using best practices.
- Built internationalization support for two languages with scalability for future ones by implementing dynamic pages and Prismic.io CMS.
- Migrated 90% of data from the old website to integrate with the new CMS and queried data using GraphQL to be rendered statically.
I was the full-stack developer for this platform and worked with UX designers to make this a reality. I used Next.js to build API endpoints, Cloud Firestore for the database, and Firebase for authentication.
Xun Wang Artist Websitehttps://xunwang.art/
I acted as the front-end developer for the project, helping create a website portfolio for sculptor Xun Wang to showcase his work. I implemented a headless CMS for easy editing and designed interfaces with interactive 3D elements for collectors to view sculptures.
I created a familiar deck-building experience for IRL card players on the front end. I also worked closely with back-end developers to develop lazy loading and Pokémon card indexing functionalities.
Additionally, I helped fix sorting behaviors in the provided GraphQL API with the back-end developer (instructor).
Toptal React Acceleratorhttps://outvoice.matowang.com
Next.js, MUI (formerly Material UI), Tailwind CSS, Express.js, Cypress, React Native, gRPC
React, Node.js, REST APIs
GitHub, Adobe Experience Design (XD), Photoshop CC, Prisma, KeyShot
Responsive Web Design (RWD), Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Serverless Architecture, Modular CSS, Modular Design, E2E Testing
Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Firebase, Vercel
JSON, MongoDB, NoSQL, Cloud Firestore, PostgreSQL
Web Development, Gatsby, Content Management Systems (CMS), Data Structures, Front-end, MVP Design, React Hooks, Front-end Development, Responsive UI, Computer Networking, UX Research, Product Photography, Production, Serverless, APIs, Full-stack, User Experience (UX), User Interface (UI), CI/CD Pipelines, Internationalization, i18n, Canon, Lighting, Artificial Intelligence (AI), User Authentication, Authentication, Zustand, UI Testing, Programmatic SEO
Associate Degree in Computer Science
University of the People - Pasadena, CA, USA
Toptal React Accelerator Graduate
Foundations of User Experience (UX) Design
Google | via Coursera
Front End Development Libraries Certification
Responsive Web Design Certification