Md Mostafizur Rahman
Verified Expert in Engineering
Mostafizur is a senior back-end developer with over seven years of experience in software development and management with Ruby on Rails. He has substantial knowledge of the travel industry's web services and specializes in building RESTful back-end APIs and integrating third-party APIs with appropriate authentication, validations, and optimized logic. His expertise is maintaining the coding principle, writing code using the test-driven development approach, and following layered architecture.
Ruby, Ruby on Rails (RoR), RESTful Microservices, Software Development, API Design, RSpec, Code Review, SOAP, PostgreSQL
The most amazing...
...thing I've developed is a travel industry REST API solution that provided millions of results on the availability of flights, hotels, and cars per day.
Principal Software Engineer
- Developed a booking and post-booking normalized RESTful API that collected the availability and booking details of global flights, hotels, and rental cars from global distribution systems (GDS), the new distribution capability, and other sources.
- Created a booking tool's back end for international travel agencies to create and manage bookings for customers and corporate travelers used by more than 1000 travel agencies worldwide.
- Analyzed and modified the legacy web services for different suppliers that supported only Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP) and developed an app that used the normalized REST API.
- Received certification in API development from major API providers, such as GDS, NDC, and British Airways.
- Built an application back end that can manage service management for a bike rental company with various types of asset management and other features.
- Made an eCommerce website using a Spree or Solidus solution for a Swiss brand with more than 1000 transactions daily.
Samsung Research & Development Center
- Developed, updated, and leased new features for Samsung mobile devices.
- Designed and implemented a set-up wizard embedded in the email app of Android.
- Monitored and fixed bugs using product lifecycle management (PLM) as a reporting tool.
- Tracked, updated, and fixed any Samsung social network services (SNS)—Facebook and Twitter—built-in app updates and issues.
Bike Servicing and Management Platform
The application's primary purposes were onboarding new vehicles into the platform, managing different inventory, and managing the servicing of the bikes. Additionally, the app provided warehouse management, platform user management, and can display a comprehensive report graphically.
Implemented in the project was a REST API to create a mobile application for better service management. The REST API was designed and delivered to produce various reports and historical data quickly.
I led the project and was one of the core individuals that planned the whole architecture and developed the back-end portion.
To view additional details about this project:
Reservations Management System for Flights, Hotels, and Rental Carshttps://developer.welltravel.com
The challenges comprised managing different requests, authentication processes, sessions, etc., for those varying suppliers. Also, as the documentation was not enriched, finding the right way to consume those APIs was challenging.
In this project, the codebase had been divided into different layers and services so that every layer and service would be responsible for various purposes. For example, layers for accepting the customer request, validating the request, converting the customer request to a supplier-specific request, making requests to a different supplier (a parallel process), mapping layer, data storing layer, exception handling layer, response structuring layer, and finally, a response layer.
Vehicle Tracking System
Organization-authorized personnels could perform the following operations:
1. Add a new vehicle into the system
2. See the list of vehicles with essential details
3. Visualize all the vehicles on the map
4. Select a specific vehicle and check the status, position, and other details of that vehicle
5. Turn on the alarm using the 'find vehicle' button via the tracking device placed on the vehicle
6. Retrieve essential information about the vehicle, including power status, speed, temperature, battery, connection, odometer, distance, charging status, etc.
7. Set the max speed of the vehicle
8. Turn on or off the power of the vehicle
9. Add new users to the platform for proper management
10. Manage the existing users
Since it was a role-based application, not all users could perform all the tasks; only the authorized user could perform privileged actions.
I designed the back-end architecture and developed the entire back end, including the project specification and remote device tracking API integration.
Credit Card Vault
1. Storing customers' credit card details.
2. The customer can use the stored credit card when purchasing any item.
3. If the customer wanted to use a saved card, the vault performed all the communication with the third party for a successful payment.
4. The application only maintains the payment process. It does not emphasize the third party or any other aspect of the transaction.
My responsibility was to create the system to fetch the credit card and send it to the appropriate third party to make the successful payment.
The project was Self-Assessment Questionnaire D (SAQ D) certified, and I am also a Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS) certified member.
eCommerce Website for a Swiss Clothing Agencyhttps://www.nile.ch/
Ferry Rental System Back-end API
A REST Client to consume a REST API
A Ruby Gem to Create SOAP APIs
A Ruby Gem to Report Real-time Errors to Rollbar
I developed the Ruby gem.
Ruby on Rails (RoR), GrapesJS, Ruby on Rails 4, OAuth 2, gRPC
Rollbar, Slack API
Slack, G Suite, GitHub, Jira, Trello, RubyMine, RSpec, Git, VCR, Bitbucket, RabbitMQ, CircleCI, TortoiseSVN, Perforce
Microservices Architecture, REST, Microservices, Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Test-driven Development (TDD), MVC Design
JSON, Database Management Systems (DBMS), PostgreSQL
Computer Programming, Software Development, RESTful Microservices, API Documentation, API Design, Back-end, Google Meet, Data Structures, Software Engineering, SOAP, Code Review, 1Password, Product Lifecycle Management (PLM), Team Mentoring, Search Algorithm Design, Algorithm Design, Algorithms Analysis, Amadeus, Travelport, APIs, Electrical Engineering, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Systems Analysis, Computer Networking, Neural Networks, GitHub Actions, Semantic Logger, 3D Secure 2.0, Encryption, Microprocessors
MacOS, OS X, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Heroku, Android, Tizen
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science and Engineering
Rajshahi University of Engineering & Technology - Rajshahi, Bangladesh
Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC) in Science
Rajshahi Government City College - Rajshahi, Bangladesh
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring