Lead Engineer2020 - PRESENTSlidegrin, LLC
Technologies: Amazon Web Services (AWS), SVG, Canvas, React, Serverless, AWS AppSync, AWS DynamoDB, Amazon Cognito, AWS Amplify, AWS
- Set up serverless JAM stack application architecture on AWS Amplify.
- Connected user pools with AWS IAM roles to manage users with AWS Cognito, in a multi-tenancy environment, including role-based access control permissions.
- Set up live synchronization between sessions using GraphQL subscriptions with AWS AppSync.
- Built an image manipulation editor supporting HTML Canvas with SVG and allowing exporting to raster and vector formats including PDF.
- Established CI/CD pipelines with Amazon Amplify, CodeBuild, and CodeDeploy.
- Built the serverless front-end app using Next.js and React with TypeScript.
- Established unit and integration testing strategies with Jest, Enzyme, and React Testing Library.
CIO2018 - 2020Multichain Ventures
- Developed web apps using React, Node.js, and Vue.js.
- Developed mobile apps using Expo and React Native.
- Developed blockchain DApps using Waves, Ethereum, and Quorum blockchains.
- Built a payment service provider API.
- Managed a team of up to six engineers.
- Created the information and technology strategies.
- Introduced engineering standards, including Git flow, CI, unit testing, and containerization.
- Introduced in-app user behavior monitoring based on funnels, user acquisition, retention, and monetization.
- Developed integration mechanisms, relying on open-source technologies.
- Implemented supply-chain visibility tools.
Co-founder2018 - 2020Reli.cloud
Technologies: Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), Istio, Kubernetes
- Managed hundreds of applications on AWS and Google Cloud Platform.
- Administered Kubernetes clusters.
- Built an eCommerce storefront with Vue Storefront with Progressive Web App PWA technology.
- Set up Istio service mesh.
- Automated processes, including monitoring and alerting.
- Introduced site reliability engineering principles.
- Adopted apps to cloud native computing.
- Delivered a highly available platform as a service.
Lead Engineer2018 - 2018William Hill
- Released a new product.
- Led a team of developers.
- Worked closely with QA and BA.
- Developed performance benchmarks and improved on them.
- Maintained, documented, and released three applications in a corporate environment.
Founder & CEO2017 - 2018Viking Garage
- Founded the startup, bootstrapping it for nine months and building a team of six people.
- Released the product within the first three months.
- Led development, with over 55,000 lines of open-source code.
- Organized a conference that resulted in the formation of an open source blockchain IoT project.
- Presented at three international conferences.
- Expanded the reach of the project from Poland to Spain, Portugal, and Indonesia within eight months.
Senior Software Engineer2016 - 2017Maxwell Health
- Worked consecutively on four teams, to date.
- Coordinated work between different teams and team leaders.
- Planned, scoped, and groomed tasks for teams and peers.
- Developed front-end and back-end components.
- Set up automated infrastructure (devops: Docker, Terraform).
- Planned architecture.
- Helped clarify peer communication.
Software Engineer2012 - 2017Trewebs
- Architected and developed a new client-side web application for an existing, settled organization with hundreds of thousands of users interested in the fashion industry and indie art in Western (English) and Chinese territories (collaboration with UX designers and API engineers).
- Architected and integrated six external databases into one system, a MongoDB/Elasticseach search engine for the Museum of Polish Jews.
- Created an AngularJS client and a Node.js/SQL Server API for an event calendar app used internally by the Museum of Polish Jews.
- Developed an AngularJS client for LimeSurvey, an open source survey CMS that exposed an RPC API for a national university (Warsaw School of Life Sciences).
- Collaborated with UI/UX designers for the purpose of designing and subsequently developing responsive, holistic front ends for Krytyka Polityczna (a major alternative journal) and Bankwatch (an IFI focused, international NGO).
- Created and led a developer team, introducing Agile, Scrum, Kanban, behavior-driven design, and test-driven development methodologies into the workspace.
- Collaborated as a Drupal developer on two subsequent projects for West Pomeranian Voivodship and Unizeto Technologies, integrating Drupal and Apache Solr.
- Delivered a high-availability Drupal app and server environment for the Educational Research Institute (Ministry of Education); the project is being designed to allow registration of all Polish schools and also to provide Microsoft Excel (VBA) tools to aid teachers.
- Delivered two Drupal CMS-based projects for the Warsaw City Council and the Warsaw Zoological Garden: Wild Bird Refuge and CITES Convention sites and HD multimedia.
- Designed and created Apache Solr search algorithms, used to drive the UX of a 2013 international MatEXPO, an international construction site machinery convention.
- Architected and developed a RESTful API for an iPhone app, fully cloud-based (Heroku and S3) and running in a continuous integration environment using Codeship.
- Architected, designed in collaboration with UI/UX artists, and developed a responsive AngularJS web app aimed at mobile devices for London beauty therapists.
- Delivered dozens of small and mid-sized custom Drupal CMS commercial projects.
Senior React Developer2015 - 2016Praesens (via Airnauts)
- Developed a React/Redux app from the ground up.
- Introduced state-of-the-art technology and stable technology into a new project.
- Architected the app structure, including the front-end codebase, front-end API proxy and server, deployment pipeline, and CI.
- Translated and/or reused components from a prototype version, which was based on the Middleman JS framework.
- Worked alongside the CTO, introducing best practices, robust solutions, to all aspects of the app, from UI/UX to API communication and authentication.
Lead UI Developer2015 - 2016MarketMuse
Technologies: Functional Programming, Scrum, Test-driven Development (TDD), Git Flow, AngularJS
- Entered an existing startup, introduced effective solutions, and then took the role of UI team lead.
- Improved the end product, placing the UI team ahead of the curve.
- Introduced a standard, predictable release schedule, based on a Git flow of develop, release, and production.
- Built a highly effective team with specialized roles, allowing the members to gain complementary skills.
- Introduced unit testing and E2E testing within a continuous integration environment.
Software Developer2014 - 2016Metavaluate (via Toptal)
- Upgraded a legacy app in terms of structure, performance, design, user interface, and experience.
- Used separate threads in the browser to achieve non-blocking, heavy filtering, and sorting of large data sets.
- Added models and controllers on the API through Sails.js.
- Added a caching layer through Redis.
- Added support for unit and E2E tests and provided multiple tests to be included in a CI environment.
- Continued support for the project as consultant.
Software Engineer2014 - 2016Airnauts
- Architected and built a large AngularJS app used by hundreds of thousands of users every month, in English and Chinese.
- Added support for different video and audio content providers.
- Created a robust SEO solution, using lightweight web services and built with Go.
- Provided configuration modules to the CMS, which allowed for the preparation of content to show in the client app.
- Supported all modern devices, with multiple responsive break points.
- Added integration with multiple social networking services, including several from China.
- Added support for a recommendation service, through a light web service built with Go.
Software Engineer2015 - 2015Heffernans Insurance (via Toptal)
Technologies: AWS S3, PhantomJS, PDF.js, Heroku, AngularJS, Loopback, Node.js
- Architected a robust, reactive system.
- Engineered a minimum viable product.
- Designed multiple data- and workflow diagrams, and system architecture schemas.
- Generated insurance certificates in PDF form, on demand, and saved the copies to S3.
- Created a demo splash page.
- Displayed the PDFs using Mozilla's PDF.js viewer.
- Created two APIs, utilizing the facilities already in use by the end client, minimizing work on their side.
- Designed and implemented data schemas, based on legal documents (insurance certificates).
Software Engineer2015 - 2015June20 (via Toptal)
- Built a library for other developers to use, based on AngularJS.
- Created an E2E test environment, including automated testing on iOS devices.
- Provided automated documentation, unit tests, and demos.
- Manually wired up advanced AngularJS functionality with reusable components, to be used by other developers.
- Created robust workflows using Gulp, Selenium, and Browsersync.
- Configured infrastructure on AWS (EC2, S3, IAM).
- Communicated with and shared data to the iOS app (in a hybrid app environment).
- Created a continuous integration and deployment environment with Travis CI.
- Created Slack integrations.
Software Engineer2015 - 2015Eyeadvise (via Toptal)
Technologies: Facebook SDK, Google App Engine, Python, AngularJS
- Improved and extended a legacy app consisting of several modules hosted on Google App Engine.
- Fixed existing issues around the client app written in AngularJS. Added new, business-critical functionality.
- Fixed issues around a simple Python API.
- Created an E2E testing environment, connecting all the multiple modules and also external services.
- Added E2E tests, created documentation, and supported the project through the development process.
Web Developer2007 - 2012Freelance
Technologies: Drupal, CSS, HTML
- Created simple HTML-based websites.
- Designed simple websites.
- Developed mid-sized projects for local councils.
- Provided a dynamic map of investment areas with detailed information, editable through Drupal CMS.
- Supported projects and clients until they reached maturity and became stable businesses.
Researcher/Analyst2007 - 2012Engagement Intelligence
- Analyzed 30+ viral and marketing campaigns.
- Performed analyses in international (English) and Scandinavian (Norwegian and Danish) territories.
- Researched key users who have the most influence in their respective networks.
- Worked on a variety of campaigns from entertainment (mainstream games and movies) to advanced technology projects (Windows Vista OS, Microsoft Dynamics, ASP.Net).
- Chosen as employee of the month; delivered projects for Microsoft, Sony, Columbia Pictures, Nokia, O2, and Lionsgate among others.
Clinical Neuropsychologist2010 - 2011Institute of Psychiatry and Neurology, 2nd Department of Neurology
Technologies: SPSS, Statistics, Data Science, Google Scholar
- Designed a quantitative, clinical study based on empirical preapprehension and literature.
- Chose adequate clinical and scientific methodology.
- Carried out clinical and scientific research parallel to clinical duties.
- Analyzed and measured data using chosen, sound statistical tools under supervision from a senior scientific employee.
- Delivered a complete scientific study.