WordPress Developer2019 - PRESENTOxford Royale Academy
- Developed the client's new website from scratch with a focus on speed and usability.
- Advised the design agency on WordPress and web performance best practices.
- Created a WordPress framework to enable editors to build highly customizable layouts that are still performant.
- Ensured that the website is fully responsive and looks its best on as many different screen configurations as possible.
- Implemented a variety of performance strategies to increase conversions in low-bandwidth scenarios.
Web Developer2019 - PRESENTDPC
- Developed custom features for Shopify sites.
- Implemented design changes to Shopify themes.
- Extended the client's WordPress theme framework with custom features.
- Worked on ad-hoc WordPress theme development.
- Built and deployed AWS instances running the LEMP stack.
- Troubleshot server issues for AWS-hosted WordPress and Magento sites.
WordPress Developer2019 - 2019Oxford Royale Academy
Technologies: WordPress, WPEngine
- Audited WordPress site for performance and security issues.
- Discovered and fixed several security vulnerabilities.
- Redeveloped key parts of the site to improve performance on conversion funnels.
- Assisted with migration to a new hosting provider.
- Set up code repositories and implemented a deployment process following industry practices.
- Updated the back end to improve the marketing team's efficiency.
WP Speed Optimization and Infrastructure Consultant2017 - 2019Barker & Sons Plumbing (via Toptal)
- Audited the client's website for performance issues and wrote a report on potential areas of improvements.
- Migrated the website to WPEngine and cleaned up the database.
- Supported the client with technical questions and advice for interactions with an SEO agency.
- Implemented many performance enhancements by improving code quality and using techniques like lazy loading and image optimization.
- Designed and implemented an app to bring in third-party reviews with data from Facebook, Google and Yelp through their APIs.
- Created ad-hoc design work for new functionality as well as improvements to the typography.
- Managed content updates for the client, including creating new templates and updating existing ones.
Front-end Developer | Designer2009 - 2019Zoodo Web Development
- Designed and developed a multilingual eCommerce website using Magento as a shopping cart and WordPress to manage blog content.
- Designed and developed two multilingual micro-sites to promote eCommerce products following strict regional regulations for the health industry.
- Implemented the designs provided by an agency into three multilingual WordPress websites, including Chinese and Russian.
- Developed the client-side of a document management system based on WordPress.
- Provided day-to-day support to the client in terms of hosting, WordPress and Magento management.
- Consulted on best practices for high-load websites, implemented performance optimizations and caching for WordPress and Magento.
- Managed hosting for a variety of clients using VPS Linux servers.
- Created Mailchimp templates.
- Incorporated Git into the workflow on all client projects.
WordPress Developer2017 - 2018Hypergrid (via Toptal)
- Developed a web app to compare and calculate costs for different cloud service providers on WordPress and third-party APIs.
- Updated the client's website to add layout building functionality using ACF.
- Created ad-hoc new features to support the client's marketing needs.
- Refreshed the design based on wireframes provided by the client.
Front-end Developer | Designer2016 - 2017Project B
Technologies: CSS, PHP, Photoshop, Sketch, Mailchimp
- Adjusted the layout and fixed issues on the website.
- Coded newsletters and email campaigns.
- Designed banners for campaigns and social media activity.
- Advised on the implementation of Mailchimp.
- Created graphics assets for new products.
- Educated the client on the use of version control systems, in particular, Git and migrated the code to GitHub.
Front-end Developer2016 - 2016Superdrug
- Redeveloped the user experience of the store locator and postcode lookup tools.
- Advised the business on integrating a WordPress blog with the existing Hybris eCommerce system using WP REST API.
- Developed a new WordPress theme in three variants. One was an "unstyled" bare-bones theme to be displayed on the eCommerce site. Another theme had all the blog elements styled and a third which imports some elements from the eCommerce site.
- Used Subversion for version control.
Front-end Developer2016 - 2016Kaplan International
- Developed a new WordPress theme from designs provided by an external agency.
- Extended a custom MVC framework built on WordPress.
- Worked closely with an in-house designer to implement prelaunch design changes.
- Built new components and templates entirely from ACF.
- Used scrum (agile) methodology with Jira.
- Refactored and implemented new features into the Gulp build tool.
- Used Bitbucket for versioning control using a GitFlow methodology.
Front-end Developer2013 - 2016Rush Hair Limited
- Developed and maintained two WordPress websites and assisted the designer on responsive design principles.
- Designed and developed a Magento eCommerce site, including platform-specific optimization and UX.
- Created a hair salon locator in jQuery using a JSON feed.
- Developed specialized templates for the salons using custom fields in WordPress.
- Managed deployments and Linux servers for testing, staging and live sites.
- Created custom templates for use in e-mail campaigns on the Mailchimp platform.
- Migrated the codebase to GitHub and implemented backup procedures for MySQL databases.