Front-end Developer | Designer2016 - PRESENTProject B
Technologies: CSS, PHP, Photoshop, Sketch, Mailchimp
- Adjusted the layout and fixed issues on the website.
- Coded newsletters and email campaigns.
- Designed banners for campaigns and social media activity.
- Advised on the implementation of Mailchimp.
- Created graphics assets for new products.
- Educated the client on the use of version control systems, in particular, Git and migrated the code to GitHub.
Front-end Developer | Designer2009 - PRESENTZoodo Web Development
- Designed and developed a multilingual eCommerce website using Magento as a shopping cart and WordPress to manage blog content.
- Designed and developed two multilingual micro-sites to promote eCommerce products following strict regional regulations for the health industry.
- Implemented the designs provided by an agency into three multilingual WordPress websites, including Chinese and Russian.
- Developed the client-side of a document management system based on WordPress.
- Provided day-to-day support to the client in terms of hosting, WordPress and Magento management.
- Consulted on best practices for high-load websites, implemented performance optimizations and caching for WordPress and Magento.
- Managed hosting for a variety of clients using VPS Linux servers.
- Created Mailchimp templates.
- Incorporated Git into workflow on all client projects.
Front-end Developer2016 - 2016Superdrug
- Redeveloped the user experience of the store locator and postcode lookup tools.
- Advised the business on integrating a WordPress blog with the existing Hybris eCommerce system using WP REST API.
- Developed a new WordPress theme in three variants. One was an "unstyled" bare-bones theme to be displayed on the eCommerce site. Another theme had all the blog elements styled and a third which imports some elements from the eCommerce site.
- Used Subversion for version control.
Front-end Developer2016 - 2016Kaplan International
- Developed a new WordPress theme from designs provided by an external agency.
- Extended a custom MVC framework built on WordPress.
- Worked closely with an in-house designer to implement prelaunch design changes.
- Built new components and templates entirely from ACF.
- Used Scrum (Agile) methodology with JIRA.
- Refactored and implemented new features into the Gulp build tool.
- Used Bitbucket for versioning control using a GitFlow methodology.
Front-end Developer2013 - 2016Rush Hair Limited
- Developed and maintained two WordPress websites and assisted the designer on responsive design principles.
- Designed and developed a Magento eCommerce site, including platform-specific optimization and UX.
- Created a hair salon locator in jQuery using a JSON feed.
- Developed specialized templates for the salons using custom fields in WordPress.
- Managed deployments and Linux servers for testing, staging and live sites.
- Created custom templates for use in e-mail campaigns on the Mailchimp platform.
- Migrated the codebase to GitHub and implemented backup procedures for MySQL databases.