Verified Expert in Engineering
Data Science Analyst and Developer
Xingyu is a data science and data analytics enthusiast with over six years of hands-on experience implementing end-to-end data solutions, namely targeted marketing solutions, recommender systems, and user profiling. He has proposed and implemented optimization and machine learning algorithms for various practical problems in an eCommerce context. Xingyu also has experience as a data science analyst with Pyspark and SQL.
Python, Git, SQL, Spark, Machine Learning, Deep Learning
The most amazing...
...thing I've built is a propensity score model to help an eCommerce platform increase 3-10 times the targeted campaign conversion rate among its SEA+TW markets.
Senior Data Scientist Analyst
- Understood and translated business needs from stakeholders, such as the marketing team, the brand partnership team, and product managers into end-to-end data solutions like user profiling, recommendation system, and NLP together with data engineers.
- Deployed a user-level purchase propensity model with the marketing team and PMs in over 60% of marketing campaigns across Shopee’s South East Asia and Taiwan (SEA+TW) markets. Increased campaigns’ conversion rate by 3-10 times than without the model.
- Initiated the company's-wise metrics governance framework for business metrics to be systematically consolidated and managed for easier production and consumption. Implemented it together with data engineers and business stakeholders.
- Led a BI team of 10 data analysts by providing mentorship on requirement gathering, pipeline optimization and automation, and in-depth analytics.
- Conducted sharing sessions on Spark optimization for team members to help save an average of 30% of processing time.
Digital Technology Operations and Analytics (DTA) Researcher
- Managed over 20 databases like Bloomberg, integrating customer insight, technology, data analytics, operations, and organization capabilities to deliver digital propositions with speed and agility.
- Collaborated with consultants to analyze APAC global market trends in more than eight industries, including market dynamics, sizing, and the competitive landscape across various segments.
- Utilized Python to automate data extraction from online databases to free up 81% capacity.
Purchase Propensity Prediction
I collaborated with the marketing team and product managers to deploy a user-level purchase propensity model in more than the company's 60% marketing campaigns across SEA+TW markets.
The marketing campaigns' conversion rate in both push target and audience to order increased by 3-10 times more than without the model.
Data Analytics, Market Research, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Data Analysis, Machine Learning, User Profiles, Neural Networks, Data Visualization, Algorithms, Data Structures, Computer Science, Information Security, Text Mining, Sentiment Analysis, Social Media Analytics, Business Administration, Decision Analysis, Marketing Analytics, Economics, Strategy, Supply Chain Management (SCM), Finance, Entrepreneurship, Management Consulting, Digital Transformation, Deep Learning, Recommendation Systems, Data Governance, Team Management, Optimization, IT Project Management
Spark ML, PySpark, TensorFlow
Spark SQL, Apache Airflow, Git
Master's Degree in Business Administration (MBA)
Quantic School of Business and Technology - Washington, D.C., United States
Master's Degree in Data Science
Nanyang Technological University - Singapore, Singapore
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
University of Electronic Science and Technology of China - Chengdu, Sichuan, China
Improving Deep Neural Networks | Hyperparameter Tuning, Regularization, and Optimization
Neural Networks and Deep Learning
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring