- Lead Software DeveloperCheckmate, Inc.2016 - 2016
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, Stripe API, Facebook API, Twitter API, Point-of-Sale
- Led the team of developers from concept to successful launch of the Checkmate iOS app and Ruby on Rails back-end application, mentoring the team of developers and building out a secure and scalable solution that seamlessly allowed the iOS app to interact directly with the restaurant's point-of-sale platform, the Stripe API for payment processing, and the Facebook and Twitter API for social sharing.
- Lead Developer and Product OwnerPenrose Senior Care Auditors2015 - 2015
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, jQuery, Stripe, RSpec, PostgreSQL, Mailtrap.io
- Leveraged my talents as not only an senior developer, but also helped to clearly understand the founders' vision for their product and translate that into a beautiful application. Together, we clearly defined the MVP, laid out expectations, and got to work, ultimately delivering an amazing mobile friendly MVP.
- Built a Ruby on Rails web application and implemented Stripe's credit card payment processor to charge client monthly for the use of the service.
- Built a mobile-friendly web app and PhoneGap native iOS app so that auditors can perform their audits while onsite providing instant feedback to their clients on the wellness of their loved one.
- Implemented extensive integration tests that allowed me to implement continuous delivery so that bugs could be identified, fixed, and automatically deployed in only minutes.
- Set up a Heroku pipeline for rapid QA, story acceptance, and production deployments.
- Won AARP's Innovation@50+ LivePitch: (http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/penrose-senior-care-auditors-wins-aarp-health-innovation50-livepitch-300262047.html) for the Penrose Senior Care Auditors platform on April 27 2016.
- CTOOneHQ2014 - 2015
Technologies: Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, RSpec, jQuery, d3.js, CAS Authentication, CaCan Role Authorization, Amazon AWS (S3)
- Upgraded multiple web applications in their SOA from Rails 3 to Rails 4.
- Spearheaded the transformation of deployment for our web applications to Continuous Delivery for all apps in our SOA utilizing Rspec, Capybara, Factory Girl via third-party integrations with GitHub, TravisCI, CodeClimate, and Engine Yard.
- Implemented stunning interactive big data visualizations utilizing d3.js.
- Built and launched our iOS and Andriod smartphone applications implemented via PhoneGap framework.
- Implemented multiple API based integrations with third party products such as ZenDesk, Constant Contact, Pivotal Tracker, and more.
- VP of Technology and ProductBLiNQ Media2010 - 2014
Technologies: Facebook Graph API, Facebook Ads API, Facebook Connect, OAuth2, Ruby on Rails, MySQL, Sidekiq, Resque, Engine Yard
- Established the product vision, strategy, and development in creating the product Local LiFT, which launched in under 6 months and won the Facebook PMD Innovation Award in Oct 2013.
- Built Facebook's first ever third-party ad management platform that created multi-variant social ads for their Facebook Ads API before it was publicly released.
- Implemented a custom in-house ad optimization algorithm that systematically determined winners and losers for advertising campaigns and make budgeting, day-parting, and other optimization decisions based on that that intelligence.
- Developed a brand analysis algorithm and application that would allow big brands to evaluate their Facebook social presence against that of their competitors, find overlaps, and discover new keywords and demographics for optimal targeting all without spending a single dollar.
- Upgraded the entire SOA stack from Rails 2 to Rails 3 and then Rails 4 as well as switching from Resque to Sidekiq, which delivered nearly 8x in performance improvements.
- FounderCalculated Combustion2005 - 2010
- Built a custom marketplace for the biotechnology industry using Merb, DataMapper, and Solr Search.
- Helped found the Ruby Midwest conference creating an amazing conference for people passionate about Ruby to network and learn in the heart of the Midwest. Organizer of KC Ruby.
- Built an in-image and in-screen advertising platform, driving brand engagement for advertisers. The patented In-image ads are overlaid on editorial photos where a user's attention is actively focused, creating higher viewability and engagement, to a better consumer experience.
- Built a social management dashboard that connected to Facebook and Twitter for compliance-based content creation, multi-network engagement and listening, and reporting.
- Built a revolutionary knowledge e-learning service which dramatically increased retention and learning speed.