Founder/Lead Developer2019 - PRESENTCrusty Games
- Founded an eCommerce website based on a Shopify back-end platform.
- Added custom scripts to a basic theme and enhanced code using Liquid, JavaSctipt, HTML, and CSS.
- Configured access for three employees and installed pre-built applications.
- Set up marketing on Facebook, Google, Instagram, Pinterest, email and Bing.
- Built a team of employees to manage fulfillment, customer service, and marketing tasks.
- Designed custom ads, user experiences, site enhancements, and other visual media using Photoshop, Sketch, and Balsamiq.
Shopify Developer2019 - 2020NDA
- Designed a single-page app for the client.
- Translated approved designs into the Shopify platform.
- Added customizations and pre-built apps.
- Set up social media integration.
- Assigned user rights and set up access for the client's team.
Director of Software Engineering (Short-term Contract)2019 - 2019K&N Filters
- Completely overhauled K&N's website to recapture several million dollars in lost revenue.
- Created wireframes for new and updated user experiences with K&N's website. This allowed management to visualize complex changes and sign off on them.
- Contributed expertise to pinpoint areas of improvement and lost revenue resulting in a detailed plan of action to remedy existing issues.
- Implemented the above plan, which resulted in doubled user engagement and 50% less drop off.
Lead Polymer Engineer2017 - 2019AT&T
- Created a brand new application to allow television engineers to monitor live television feeds for AT&T's DirectTV business. Saved AT&T millions of dollars over purchasing existing applications.
- Augmented an existing React Native application for navigating DirectTV on set top boxes from mobile devices.
- Built an application to manage TV and movie studio offers saving executives time and money.
- Built an application to manage banner ads on DirectTV set top box software. This application manages millions of dollars in advertisements that consumers see when using DirectTV.
- Led a team which built and maintained new and existing applications for AT&T's DirectTV business.
Senior Software Developer2012 - 2019Gartner
- Led the development of Gartner Lite, a platform that allows our clients using legacy browsers to have a basic version of our products. Responsively supports IE6-10.
- Co-led the Gartner Japan overhaul project.
- Led the Magic Quadrant Peer Insight integration and overhaul with a team of five developers. Directly reported to the CEO.
- More than doubled the velocity of the Scrum team from forty points per sprint to 110.
Ruby on Rails Front-end Developer2017 - 2017Procore Marketing
- Worked on Procore's Jobsite application pages, including forum, profile, sign in, sign up, questions and comments, 500 error page, notifications, most helpful widget, dashboard, and mobile subnav.
- Took desktop pages and made them responsive and mobile friendly down to 375px.
- Utilized Flexbox for laying out elements.
- Integrated SVG graphics.
Growth Engineer2016 - 2017Udacity
- Worked with a back-end resource to overhaul pricing pages so the client can implement a winning AB test.
Technical Manager2008 - 2012Active Network
- Built a product training website to train a team of 200 sales people from a newly acquired company, activeleadmanagement.com.
- Designed a web-based tablet survey application that collected thousands of surveys from attendees at over 35 worldwide events.
- Designed, built, and tested client order websites, scheduling tools, conference websites, and web-based surveys.
- Tested and implemented software/hardware updates on mobile devices used at worldwide events by thousands of attendees.
- Traveled to over 100 client events worldwide providing on-site support/service of our software and hardware tech.