Verified Expert in Engineering
Scott is a creative problem solver with a passion for leading. His professional experience managing Agile teams at AT&T, Gartner, and other major companies positions him well to succeed in new challenging projects. Scott is known for being self-motivated and striving for continual process improvement.
Git, Sublime Text, MacOS
The most amazing...
...project I've architected was a television control room app used by techs to monitor live satellite TV feeds for video and audio quality control.
Founder | Lead Developer
Unlimited Glass Visions
- Generated over $2,000,000 in revenue with a custom, Shopify-powered eCommerce store.
- Installed and configured Shopify apps to rapidly increase growth, engage customers, and manage a multi-million dollar business with just four employees.
- Implemented sophisticated marketing strategies across popular platforms like Facebook, Google, Instagram, Pinterest, email, and Bing to maximize outreach and engagement.
- Established a proficient team of dedicated employees entrusted with managing fulfillment, customer service, and marketing responsibilities.
- Created tailored advertisements, optimized user experiences, and enhanced visual media utilizing industry-leading tools such as Photoshop, Sketch, Canva, and Balsamiq.
Shopify Website Developer with Design Experience
Mochi Melt Inc
- Customized existing Shopify store to support the business's launch and increase customer engagement.
- Utilized proven UI/UX best practices to create a highly intuitive site.
- Corrected mistakes made by a previous developer and optimized page load times, improving the site's overall performance.
Wyco Vintage, Inc.
- Migrated an extensive data catalog from a WooCommerce WordPress store to a new Shopify store. This involved data mapping product attributes and variations and ensuring the new store was optimized for the best possible user experience.
- Brought to the table a high level of attention to detail, organization, and technical expertise through my extensive experience.
- Helped the client seamlessly transition to the new Shopify store, allowing them to achieve greater online visibility, increased sales, and improved customer satisfaction.
Solutions Engineering Executive Advisor
- Developed a telehealth application that provides video services for thousands of patients and their doctors.
- Hired and managed a front-end developer team to build and maintain a greenfield Telehealth application.
- Managed an accessibility initiative to win a contract with the state of Georgia.
- Patented a new way to securely serve third-party services in the application while minimizing risk to the company.
- Designed a single-page React application for the client.
- Translated approved designs into the Shopify platform.
- Added customizations and installed and configured apps.
- Set up social media integrations allowing the client to self-manage their social media.
- Assigned user rights and set up access for the client's team.
Director of Software Engineering (Short-term Contract)
- Completely overhauled K&N's website to recapture several million dollars in lost revenue.
- Created wireframes for new and updated user experiences with K&N's website. This allowed management to visualize complex changes and sign off on them.
- Contributed expertise to pinpoint areas of improvement and lost revenue resulting in a detailed plan of action to remedy existing issues.
- Implemented the above plan, which resulted in doubled user engagement and 50% less drop off.
Lead Polymer Engineer
- Created a brand new application to allow television engineers to monitor live television feeds for AT&T's DirectTV business. Saved AT&T millions of dollars over purchasing existing applications.
- Augmented an existing React Native application for navigating DirectTV on set top boxes from mobile devices.
- Built an application to manage TV and movie studio offers saving executives time and money.
- Built an application to manage banner ads on DirectTV set top box software. This application manages millions of dollars in advertisements that consumers see when using DirectTV.
- Led a team which built and maintained new and existing applications for AT&T's DirectTV business.
Senior Software Developer
- Led the development of Gartner Lite, a platform that allows our clients using legacy browsers to have a basic version of our products. Responsively supports IE6-10.
- Co-led the Gartner Japan overhaul project.
- Led the Magic Quadrant Peer Insight integration and overhaul with a team of five developers. Directly reported to the CEO.
- More than doubled the velocity of the Scrum team from forty points per sprint to 110.
Ruby on Rails Front-end Developer
- Worked on Procore's Jobsite application pages, including forum, profile, sign in, sign up, questions and comments, 500 error page, notifications, most helpful widget, dashboard, and mobile subnav.
- Took desktop pages and made them responsive and mobile friendly down to 375px.
- Utilized Flexbox for laying out elements.
- Integrated SVG graphics.
- Worked with a back-end resource to overhaul pricing pages so the client can implement a winning AB test.
- Built a product training website to train a team of 200 sales people from a newly acquired company, activeleadmanagement.com.
- Designed a web-based tablet survey application that collected thousands of surveys from attendees at over 35 worldwide events.
- Designed, built, and tested client order websites, scheduling tools, conference websites, and web-based surveys.
- Tested and implemented software/hardware updates on mobile devices used at worldwide events by thousands of attendees.
- Traveled to over 100 client events worldwide providing on-site support/service of our software and hardware tech.
Crusty Games Websitehttp://crustygames.com
K&N Filters Website
AT&T/DirectTV Management App
Gartner Events Landing Pagehttps://www.gartner.com/events/
Bootstrap, Bootstrap 3+, Jakarta Server Pages (JSP), Tailwind CSS, Ruby on Rails (RoR), React Native, Angular, Ember.js, Spring
jQuery, React, Polymer, Liquid, Shopify API, jQuery UI, Chai, Sinon.JS, Handlebars, Mustache, Vue
Scrum, Agile Software Development, Agile, Responsive Web Design (RWD), Object-oriented Programming (OOP), Test-driven Development (TDD)
MacOS, Shopify, Windows, Magento, Magento 2, WooCommerce, WordPress
Shopify Design, PSD to Shopify, Shopify Customizations, UI Development, User Interface (UI), Mobile-first Design, Responsive UI, eCommerce, Architecture, Responsive Design, Content Management Systems (CMS), A/B Testing, CornerStone, HP TeamSite, APIs, PSD, Computer Science, Google Tag Manager, Software Development, Shopify Theme, Design
Sublime Text, FreeMarker, Avocode, Google Analytics, JSX, Subversion (SVN), Jira, Git, Adobe Photoshop, Optimizely, Eclipse IDE, InVision, Jenkins, Mocha, Sellbrite
Associate Degree in Computer Science
Norwalk Community College - Norwalk, CT
Associate of Science Degree in Web Development
Norwalk Community College - Connecticut