- CTOSmartplane, Inc.2014 - 2015
Technologies: Java, C, C++, Objective-C, Big data
- Architected and developed the flagship flight-control product for the company, which will revolutionize the world’s perception of personal airplanes as a viable option for private transport.
- Made direct technology decisions for the SmartPlane flight-control product in order to ensure real-time performance, 100% fault tolerance, and enforcement of impeccable coding practices, utilizing the means of both technological choices and engineering policy directives.
- Provided strategic and tactical technological direction for the early-stage startup in the aerospace marketplace.
- Advised product management efforts.
- Contributed in a hands-on manner in order to develop solutions for the most challenging and critical modules comprising the SmartPlane flight-control application.
- VP of EngineeringLiveCare, Inc.2012 - 2014
- Conceptualized, architected, and developed the flagship application for the pre-IPO medical practice management software company.
- Blueprinted the product roadmap, managed project operations as well as tactical and strategic direction, and delivered the product to completion.
- Led a team of local engineers and system operators, engaged with practices and individual practitioners for sales, interacted with clients for production support, and gathered feedback for future improvements.
- Implemented all security considerations with utmost scrutiny, taking into account the legal regulation of medical software applications.
- VP of EngineeringEvolphin Software2011 - 2012
Technologies: Java, J2EE, Adobe Flex, C, C++, Objective C
- Designed and implemented UI and UX, live workflow validation algorithms, and failsafe state preservation patterns for a revolutionary workflow designer application.
- Architected and developed a Mac OS Finder plugin for the visualization of version information for files and folders backed by the Zoom versioning system.
- Led user interface and presentation design of all Evolphin products.
- Directed engineering efforts, taking into consideration time-to-market vs. technical debt vs. team workload in order to ensure confidence and security in developed products.
- Managed project and bug-tracking tools, mediated code reviews, and promoted or vetoed design decisions when deemed necessary.
- Senior Product DeveloperBlackRock/Barclays Global Investors (BGI)2007 - 2011
Technologies: Java, Java EE, Perl, Sybase
- Conceptualized, architected, and developed applications for scientific portfolio management.
- Led a team of senior engineers to deliver industry-leading solutions for portfolio managers.
- Developed strategic and tactical solutions to achieve cross-functional business objectives.
- Architected a scalable Java platform for applications intended to transition from a former Perl-based codebase.
- Spearheaded full cycle development in the creation of key scientific investment tools used daily by portfolio managers.
- Held educational training sessions for new innovations, tools, and applications available to scientific portfolio managers at BlackRock/BGI.
- Directed efforts to minimize operational risk due to possible and actual failure of key components in the portfolio management application chain.
- Developed regular failover tests to ensure rapid recovery in the event of unexpected failures.
- Led the evaluation of interfaces with third parties (banks, securities lenders, prime brokers, and custodians) to detect high-risk points and propose failover solutions.
- Architect (Consultant)MRG Software2005 - 2007
- Consulted on product conceptualization and PRSD formulation for consumer-facing bond trading and management application Consolers. The product was outsourced for contract-based development in 2008.
- Consulted on product conceptualization, PRSD formulation, design, and spurred implementation efforts for a wine and food enthusiast web portal called Cooking with Us.
- Consulted on product design and implementation of a sports enthusiasts' web portal for Wasserman Media Group.
- Architected and developed a large-scale enterprise security management system for Exobox Technologies.
- Designed and implemented an eCommerce website for the client-facing interface for Alphaenco.
- Lead Performance Analyst (Consultant)The Pacific Exchange2004 - 2005
Technologies: Java, Java EE, SQL Server
- Specialized in performance analysis and scalability, taking responsibility for the system performance of PCXPlus, a distributed options trading system for Pacific Exchange.
- Preserved and mitigated the risk of business functionality and SEC compliance in lieu of performance enhancement efforts.
- Curated all system and component testing of PCXPlus, ensuring compliant functionality under high-load volumes.
- Developed strategies for aftermarket trade floor testing to simulate real-world deployments and system interaction.
- Designed and implemented innovative testing strategies for superior insight into obscure process paths in order to detect bottlenecks and investigate hypotheses.
- ArchitectAOL Time Warner2002 - 2004
Technologies: Java, Java EE, XML, SOAP
- Architected and led the Liberty Alliance Project (LAP) initiative at AOL Time Warner.
- Spearheaded project development, managed implementation direction, and represented AOL Time Warner at interoperability events hosted by Sun Microsystems.
- Curated product development and professional services (consulting, training, and support) with specific regard to LAP.
- Engaged LAP draft specification committee to contend for specification changes in lieu of AOL Time Warner's functional requirements.
- Represented AOL Time Warner at the 2003 RSA Security Conference in San Francisco.
- Software EngineerElectronic Arts2000 - 2002
Technologies: Java, Java EE, WebLogic, Oracle
- Engineered web application services for online games at EA.com.
- Developed applications for online cross-game integration.
- Performed load and performance testing of web services and products.
- Implemented customer billing and customer service interfaces for EA.com and Pogo.com.
- Led product interface design for integration with third-party service providers.