Verified Expert in Engineering
Data Engineer and Software Developer
Singala has 8+ years in the data industry, working as a data engineer and data analyst. He has expertise in BigQuery, Data Studio, Python, SQL, Airflow, GCP, and Oracle. Singala has worked in different domains, including healthcare, insurance, media, and retail, and gained experience in various data warehouses, databases, and orchestration and reporting tools. He loves to write complex queries and can adapt to most SQL and cloud platforms.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP), BigQuery, Apache Airflow, Git, Google Data Studio, Python, SQL, Cloud Dataflow, GCS
The most amazing...
...thing I've built is a data platform for the top leadership of Google to track performance metrics with a multitude of data sources and huge datasets.
Senior Data Engineer
Intersoft Data Labs Pvt Ltd
- Built and maintained 25+ pipelines to migrate data from various data sources like GCS, Zendesk, Teradata, and SharePoint to BigQuery to be used for reporting purposes.
- Created Airflow operators for data quality, data movement, and utilities.
- Migrated a data warehouse from Teradata to BigQuery that needed moving complex queries and procedures and built the pipelines for the same.
Senior Data Engineer and Analyst
- Built 15+ data pipelines to migrate data from storage systems and databases to the data warehouse to alert stakeholders for data breaches and outliers.
- Developed 5+ Tableau dashboards for quality analytics to be used by business managers.
- Improved the query performance improvement from three hours to four minutes of the execution and slot time.
Data Analyst and Engineer
- Developed 6+ analytical metric data platforms for various KPI metrics, thus helping to reduce 80% of manual tracking. Created the functional documents for each platform.
- Designed and developed platforms for cost management, SLA tracking, and problem and incident management.
- Streamlined the data from a multitude of data sources, cleaned the data, and performed transformations.
- Performed ETL and ELT operations with BigQuery and Python.
- Created traceability and feasibility metrics. Worked with teams for process improvements.
Data Analyst and Engineer
- Developed 15+ analytical metric data platforms helping to reduce 30–50% of manual tracking and defining various metrics. Created the functional documents for each platform.
- Created 15+ workflows to streamline data from various data sources into the data warehouse and schedules.
- Brought 20% improvement in data processing and data analysis using various Google-owned tools.
- Worked with teams for policy enforcement and built models for handling issues proactively.
- Developed alert reports for stakeholders to realize the potential cost estimations and make decisions.
- Dealt with huge datasets and a multitude of data sources. Heavily used descriptive statistics for analysis and insights, benefiting stakeholders for data-driven decisions.
Oracle PL/SQL Developer
- Designed, developed, and implemented database objects as per client needs with over 50 change requests.
- Followed best practices and effective documentation process on designing and testing such that 60% of rework was eliminated. Automated some of the processes, saving four man days.
- Tuned and optimized database (SQL, PL/SQL, and ETL programs) and automated some of the processes that saved 30+ hours a week and improved overall proficiency of system and latency.
- Provided corrective measures to improve the process and implemented various tools to help with about 5% of metrics. Transitioned the existing and suggestions to new teams while wrapping up.
Data Engineering at Google
I worked with many stakeholders, guiding, training, and building tools that helped achieve standardization. I completed the project in four months using various ETL and ELT tools proprietary to Google, BigQuery, and Looker Data Studio. Top leadership used this to make decisions or understand costs, resource management, people targets, productivity, and quality.
Data Pipelines for a Retail Client
Data Analysis and Engineering for Uber
Web API and Analysis Dashboard for a Small Broadband Company
1. Built a web app with an issue tracker, payment integration with the third party, streamlining data system, invoicing system, and GST calculations.
2. Created a dashboard to see the analysis, employee performance, inventory management, payment cycles, bill collections, due amounts, new connections, lost connections, etc.
3. Reduced monthly costs by 30% and recovered around 9 lakh INR through unidentified defaulters.
Python, SQL, Snowflake, HTML, CSS
Apache Airflow, Tableau, BigQuery, Looker, Google Forms, Cloud Dataflow, Microsoft Excel, Slack, Jira, GitHub, Google Sheets, Git
ETL, Business Intelligence (BI)
Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Oracle, MacOS, Windows, Linux, Jupyter Notebook
Google Cloud Storage, Data Pipelines, PL/SQL, Relational Databases, Databases, RDBMS, Oracle PL/SQL, MySQL, Apache Hive, HDFS, SQL Performance, SQL Loader, SQLite
Google BigQuery, Google Data Studio, Data Engineering, Data Build Tool (dbt), Data Analysis, Analytical Dashboards, Visualization, Data Visualization, Data Analytics, Reporting, Data Warehousing, ETL Tools, Data Migration, Scripting Languages, Dashboard Design, Dashboards, Data Aggregation, Architecture, Data Manipulation, Data Reporting, Query Optimization, Healthcare & Insurance, Retail, CDC, Performance Tuning, Data Modeling, Google Meet, Electronics, Signal Analysis, Harvest, Healthcare IT, GCS
Presto DB, Flask, Spark, Hadoop
Bachelor's Degree in Electronics and Communications Engineering
Rajiv Gandhi University of Knowledge Technologies Basar - Basar, India