Verified Expert in Engineering
Full-stack Engineer and Developer
Stephin is a full-stack engineer who has been integral to teams developing high-quality software for enterprise companies like GetReal Health for a decade. He is well-versed in Angular, .NET Core (C#), and SQL Server stack and has also worked on technologies like Spring Boot and Django. Stephin joined Toptal to be able to work seamlessly and independently while collaborating with the best minds around the world. He is keen to work on projects that let him put his expertise to good use.
Windows, Visual Studio, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), SQL Server Management Studio, Ubuntu, MacOS, Fiddler, Slack, Skype
The most amazing...
...improvement I've led used linting and formatting tools to create a coding standard and refine the greenfield project's codebase.
Senior Software Engineer
Pathways to Education
- Developed, tested, and deployed the MVP of a greenfield project launched by the organization within five months. Special care was taken to ensure the work speed didn't affect the quality of the code.
- Developed an identity server platform to provide authentication and authorization services for the organization's internal and public applications.
- Created an API for internal applications to invite users to register in the authentication application. The verified information would be encrypted in the link and emailed to the user.
Full-Stack .NET Developer
GeneDx, LLC c/o Sema4
- Developed an interface for the system admin to identify the records lost in data transmission and rectify the inconsistency manually.
- Collaborated with multiple teams inside the organization to identify the performance bottlenecks while transferring data and proposed technical solutions to resolve them.
- Monitored the application dashboard to identify any unusual activity or new error type and alerted the relevant teams to take action to rectify the issue.
Senior Software Engineer
- Wrote, debugged, and maintained T-SQL server tables and stored procedures required to meet business needs. Also integrated Dapper to the .Net Core data layer project to execute these stored procedures easily.
- Contributed to the architecture design by researching and figuring out the best possible tools for our purpose and creating a POC model on numerous occasions. The tools I recommended include SelectPdf and PrimeNG.
- Integrated SelectPdf to generate pdf reports from ASP.NET Razor views. This was particularly challenging since debugging pdf is next to impossible. Out-of-the-box thinking was necessary to understand and resolve the issues inside the tool.
- Developed a self-guided wizard for creating a dashboard. The front end was done using Angular, and the back end using .Net Core. The database was a SQL server, and T-SQL was used for developing stored procedures.
- Implemented a feature for importing XML files from third-party systems, enabling users to upload a batch of files and fix several validation errors on the fly. An ETL process using Azure durable functions would be triggered for successful uploads.
- Developed the database model for the file import process using SQL Server. T-SQL was used for developing the script for the table structure and stored procedures.
- Rectified a long-evaded production issue by moving away from WCF to the inbuilt HttpClient feature of .NET Core, thus reducing the number of concurrent server-to-server connections. This involved taking advantage of the shared connection pool.
- Integrated ESLint and Prettier to one of our greenfield projects to enforce coding standards and catch potential errors during development. This was also added to the CI process to ensure the code being pushed is of the best possible quality.
- Developed a custom date range control by extending Angular Material datepicker. This was due to the business's specific requirements, which needed certain dates to be blocked for selection.
- Headed a team of four junior engineers working on customizing GetReal Health's EMR platform as per the requirements of a particular customer. This work included integrating health information exchange (HIE) and reconciling XML files.
- Oversaw the design, development, and deployment of product features relevant to the customer. This involved continuously communicating with the client to clarify requirements, guiding junior engineers, and reviewing their code.
- Contributed significantly to the complete migration of the product from ASP.NET to Angular/.NET Core/ T-SQL stack. This included hours of research to find out the ideal way to deal with the complex and dynamic structure of the application.
- Added tables, views, indexes, and stored procedures to the SQL Server database and the corresponding T-SQL scripts to the codebase, which were relevant to the enhancement of the product and necessary for integration to third-party systems.
- Incorporated single sign-on using OAuth 2.0 standards in a highly configurable manner. The addition of a new authentication provider was made possible by adding endpoints to a JSON configuration file.
- Developed a messaging feature for patients and providers to interact with each other. This was similar to modern chat applications with live load and notification of new messages without the user reloading the page.
- Created an XSLT for reconciling XML health data accessed from third-party endpoints like Microsoft HealthVault into our custom datatypes. Over 100 data types had a separate structure and needed to be handled individually.
- Integrated Health Information Exchange (HIE) with our core product to facilitate automatic patient onboarding and importing of their health data to our database. SQL server was used for storing the mapping data, and T-SQL was used for scripts.
- Discovered a major security flaw with the existing single sign-on process where a potential hacker could modify the JSON Web Token sent to the back end to impersonate a user. This helped the company securely rectify the issue in time for release.
Trending Stock Charts
Users can be assigned two different roles. The admins can enroll new subscribers and admin users. An admin user can upload pictures of new chart formations worth watching the following day. A detailed explanation of why it is important at the moment and the breaking points to watch for are also included. A subscriber can filter through all the new charts uploaded based on market, sector, volume, price, etc. This enables them to make more educated decisions on the stock market.
.NET Core, Angular, .NET, ASP.NET, Bootstrap, ASP.NET Core, Angular Material
RxJS, jQuery, REST APIs, D3.js, React
Azure App Service, Git, Fiddler, MATLAB, Subversion (SVN), Jira, Confluence, Visual Studio, Slack, Skype
REST, Unit Testing, Microservices, Agile, HL7 FHIR Standard
Azure, Windows, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Ubuntu, MacOS
JSON, Microsoft SQL Server, Azure SQL, Database Management Systems (DBMS), SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Server 2016
APIs, API Management, Full-stack, Single Sign-on (SSO), Back-end, WebSockets, Microsoft Azure, Architecture, Digital Signal Processing, Microprocessors, Digital Electronics, SOAP, HL7, Payment Gateways, Communication, Networks
Bachelor of Technology Degree in Electronics and Communication Engineering
Government Engineering College Thrissur - Thrissur, Kerala, India