Verified Expert in Engineering
Tigran is a seasoned software developer passionate about computer graphics, high-performance computing, and low-level optimizations. He spent six years at Google, where he worked in three different teams—iOS, infrastructure, and robotics—and different languages and technologies, contributing in particular to speed improvements in camera simulations at Google X. Tigran has also developed 3D games professionally and continues to do so in his spare time.
Visual Studio, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Sublime Text 3, Debian, Xcode, Windows, OS X
The most amazing...
...thing I've done is mentoring a friend to go from zero programming experience to working as a senior software engineer at a large Dutch company.
Back-end Developer (Freelance)
Domino's Pizza Enterprises
- Identified and fixed security vulnerabilities in the existing PayPal integration before it went live.
- Developed tooling to onboard franchisees to accept PayPal payments.
- Set up the initial design and implementation of a yet unannounced project.
Senior Software Engineer
- Wrote and integrated a library used by all iOS Google apps, including Google Search, YouTube, and Maps to manage Google accounts in the identity org at Google. Also contributed to some parts of the back end the library talked to.
- Led the graphics efforts of the robotics simulator of the Everyday Robots project in the Moonshot Factory. I designed and implemented a new renderer used for reinforcement learning, testing, and robot code development.
- Mentored two interns and two mid-level engineers of the Everyday Robots project simulator team. Wrote technical design documents and proposals and worked with them through design and code reviews to implement the designed and proposed features.
- Designed the asset pipeline for artists in the Everyday Robot simulator team and worked with the artists to create a workflow that integrated with the simulator.
Team Lead and Graphics Programmer
- Coordinated a team of four programmers to develop a 3D multiplayer game called The Flock.
- Implemented graphical features like volumetric lighting, various FX, light baking, and various optimizations such as batching, loading, and pre-processing of meshes for The Flock.
- Developed and managed the build and deployment pipeline as well as the beta-key distribution system of the game during beta tests and the release of the game.
The Everyday Robots Projecthttps://everydayrobots.com/
We leveraged machine learning in many aspects to develop the robot and enable general-purpose capabilities. To develop and test the code running on the robot, as well as to train machine learning models, we used a simulator. This simulator needs to be accurate enough so that tasks performed and trained in a simulation can be applied to the real world with as few modifications and refinements as possible.
In this simulation team, I worked as a graphics programmer, where I redesigned and rewrote the entire renderer used to simulate camera sensors, enabling around 10x performance improvement when running the simulator in Google's internal cloud, Borg. It also improved the graphical fidelity of the images and enabled the simulation of additional modalities such as IR and UV and sensors like fisheye cameras.
Three.js, WebGL, OpenGL, REST APIs, Windows Forms (WinForms), OpenCV, PayPal API, Node.js
Computer Graphics, 3D, 3D Games, Optimization, Software Development, Game Development, Multithreading, Profiling, API Integration, APIs, Back-end, Code Review, Physics Simulations, Mobile Apps, Cryptography, Visual Effects (VFX), Virtual Reality (VR), Web Development
Unity3D, .NET, Unity, Express.js, Unreal Engine 4, Unreal Engine, ASP.NET
Visual Studio, Git, Microsoft Visual C++, Sublime Text 3, Xcode, Unreal Development Kit (UDK)
Unit Testing, Scrum, REST, Azure DevOps
Windows, iOS, Arduino, Debian, OS X, Oculus, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Azure
Master's Degree in Games and Media Technology
Utrecht University - Utrecht, Netherlands
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Utrecht University - Utrecht, Netherlands
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring