Lead Developer2020 - 2021Start-up in Stealth Mode (via Toptal)
- Led a multi-cultural team of remote developers from Brazil and Europe in building an offline-first mobile app for an agricultural start-up.
- Performed daily code reviews and provided mentorship.
- Conducted training for developers in building applications with TypeScript, React, and Redux.
- Implemented semi-automated code reviews enforcing stronger type safety and code quality assurance in a React Native project.
- Organized and prioritized development of an offline-first mobile app with React Native. The first version was released in under two months.
Senior Software Engineer2017 - 2021Tao Leadership
- Produced system design for scalable web-applications built with latest tech including Django REST, Angular, TypeScript and AWS.
- Designed, developed, and deployed a chat-like web-application in under two weeks using Python, Angular, TypeScript, and Redux. Mostly untouched, the application is still one of the key products offered by the company.
- Tested and gradually refactored a task scheduling system.
- Improved code quality by introducing test-driven development and a culture of conducting regular code-reviews by the team.
- Conducted interviews with candidate software engineers.
- Collaborated with clients to identify system requirements.
- Implemented integration with cloud platforms (e.g., Microsoft Graph API).
- Built a CI/CD pipeline using GitLab CI/CD that runs unit and end-to-end tests and deploys the project to AWS.
- Designed and developed a visualization and analytics platform for complex network graph data with TypeScript and D3.js.
- Built a video conference mobile application with React Native, TypeScript, Redux, and the Twillio API with Python for the REST API.
Software Engineer2020 - 2020Entos (via TopTal)
- Developed a landing page that follows best UX principles using React, Next.js, and Material-UI.
- Delivered a custom template for MkDocs to fit it into the design requirements of the client and visually connected with the landing page.
Research Engineer2019 - 2020Open Lab, Newcastle University
- Developed a research platform for a large-scale population dietary assessment.
- Designed a service for A/B testing and tracking user behavior in dietary assessment surveys using. After an extensive study, I analyzed the collected data and published an article in JMIR–a top-tier journal covering digital technology for healthcare.
- Developed a novel recommender system in Scala, evaluated it, and published an article in "Expert Systems with Applications"–a top-tier peer-reviewed scientific journal.
- Gave guest lectures about designing user experience to address human factors in technology-assisted dietary assessment.
- Built a web-application for abortion rights advocacy in Ireland, which resulted in a publication that became the best paper of the year 2018 in the CHI Conference, which is the premier international conference.
- Designed and developed a web application for teachers to visualise their observations and reflections on children’s learning activities.
- Built a personal dietary tracking app using React Native, TypeScript and Redux.
CTO2012 - 2016Vinvi
- Produced system design for a platform that included two web applications, a REST API server, and three mobile applications for iOS, Android, and Windows Phone.
- Organized and led a software engineering team of seven bright and talented people.
Project Manager2011 - 2015SD Praktika
- Managed the development of web and mobile applications for government organizations of the Russian Federation. Led development teams of up to ten people.
- Analyzed business processes on the client side and defined technical and functional requirements.
- Organized and performed training sessions for users and administrators.
- Designed and presented digital solutions to stakeholders of all levels.