Verified Expert in Engineering
Timur helps global Fortune 500 corporations and startups in building scalable, reliable and optimised data-oriented solutions. AWS Certified Solutions Architect. Ph.D. in Computing Science. MSc in Cyber security. Over 12 years of full-stack development experience building scalable and thoroughly-tested solutions. Timur's experience as a CTO brings strong leadership skills and excellence to his work.
Slack, PyCharm, IntelliJ, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Jupyter
The most amazing...
...product I've developed is a novel recommender system in Scala. An article about it was published in a top-tier peer-reviewed scientific journal.
ML Ops Developer
PepsiCo Global - Mktg
- Lead the delivery of an architecture that deploys and scales AI models guiding billion-dollar marketing investments.
- Delivered CI / CD pipelines that test and deploy AI models with GitHub Actions, Docker, Kubernetes, and AWS.
- Delivered a highly-performant development environment that ensures consistent results both in local experiments by data scientists and in cloud runs.
- Increased reliability of code by introducing semi-automated code-review practices.
- Introduced SQLAlchemy for managing database structures, and migrations, and providing better integration with code.
Senior Full-stack Developer
- Helped to produce solutions for operating vessels more efficiently to reduce CO2 emissions.
- Delivered a strongly typed REST API microservice optimized to the client’s data structures with AWS Lambda, TypeScript, and Fastify.
- Migrated a service from one AWS account to another.
- Delivered CI/CD pipelines with GitLab CI/CD and Terraform.
- Took over a black-box integration with a third-party platform implemented with Python and AWS Lambda and made it safe for code updates using unit testing.
Senior Full-stack Developer
Endeavor (via Toptal)
- Delivered a microservices-based marketplace platform for connecting celebrity speakers with public event hosts built with TypeScript, Express, and Next.js.
- Designed and delivered the business process of collecting payments and distributing funds to sellers using Stripe Connect.
- Automated tax calculation for various geographical zones, collection, and delivery of financial reports with Stripe Tax.
- Delivered architecture for a video hosting platform.
- Implemented the business process of negotiating, generating, and signing contracts using Adobe Sign API.
- Enabled complex search use cases with Elasticsearch.
- Migrated a large web application from Create React App to Next.js to improve the performance and quality of web pages.
- Implemented comprehensive application event tracking using Segment, providing segmentation by customers, internal test users, and machine interactions.
Agricultural Tech Startup (via Toptal)
- Led a multi-cultural team of remote developers from Brazil and Europe in building an offline-first mobile app for an agricultural startup.
- Performed daily code reviews and provided mentorship.
- Conducted training for developers in building applications with TypeScript, React, and Redux.
- Implemented semi-automated code reviews, enforcing a stronger type of safety and code quality assurance in a React Native project.
- Organized and prioritized the development of an offline-first mobile app with React Native. The first version was released in under two months.
Senior Software Engineer
- Produced system design for scalable web applications built with the latest tech, including Django REST, Angular, TypeScript, and AWS.
- Designed, developed, and deployed a chat-like web application in under two weeks using Python, Angular, TypeScript, and Redux. Mostly untouched, the application is still one of the key products offered by the company.
- Tested and gradually refactored a task scheduling system.
- Improved code quality by introducing test-driven development and a culture of conducting regular code reviews by the team.
- Conducted interviews with candidate software engineers.
- Collaborated with clients to identify system requirements.
- Implemented integration with cloud platforms, specifically Microsoft Graph API.
- Built a CI/CD pipeline using GitLab CI/CD that runs unit and end-to-end tests and deploys the project to AWS.
- Designed and developed a visualization and analytics platform for complex network graph data with TypeScript and D3.js.
- Built a video conference mobile application with React Native, TypeScript, Redux, and the Twilio API with Python for the REST API.
Open Lab, Newcastle University
- Developed a research platform for a large-scale population dietary assessment.
- Designed a service for A/B testing and tracking user behavior in dietary assessment surveys using. After an extensive study, I analyzed the collected data and published an article in JMIR–a top-tier journal covering digital technology for healthcare.
- Developed a novel recommender system in Scala, evaluated it, and published an article in "Expert Systems with Applications"–a top-tier peer-reviewed scientific journal.
- Gave guest lectures about designing the user experience to address human factors in technology-assisted dietary assessment.
- Built a web application for abortion rights advocacy in Ireland, which resulted in a publication that became the best paper of the year 2018 in the CHI Conference, the premier international conference.
- Designed and developed a web application for teachers to visualize their observations and reflections on children’s learning activities.
- Built a personal dietary tracking app using React Native, TypeScript and Redux.
- Produced system design for a platform that included two web applications, a REST API server, and three mobile applications for iOS, Android, and Windows Phone.
- Organized and led a software engineering team of seven bright and talented people.
- Built a REST API server with Pyramid Framework (Python) and two web applications with jQuery and Knockout.js.
- Managed the development of web and mobile applications for government organizations of the Russian Federation. Led development teams of up to ten people.
- Analyzed business processes on the client side and defined technical and functional requirements.
- Organized and performed training sessions for users and administrators.
- Designed and presented digital solutions to stakeholders of all levels.
Personal Dietary Dashboardhttps://intake24.co.uk/
Recommender System Based on Pairwise Association Ruleshttps://doi.org/10.1016/j.eswa.2018.07.077
Platform for Rapid Culture Change at Workplaces
Video Conference Mobile App
Personal Dietary Tracker
Angular, Redux, Django, Bootstrap, Django REST Framework, AngularJS, React Native, Jest, Ant Design, Pyramid, Electron, Selenium, MUI (Material UI), GWT, Play Framework, Next.js, Play, Knockout (Knockout.js), Express.js, Swagger, NestJS, Fastify
React, React Redux, REST APIs, Pandas, Redux-Saga, RxJS, Node.js, Chart.js, Antd, jQuery, SQLAlchemy, D3.js, Google Maps API, Twilio API, Stripe, OpenAPI, NumPy, GitHub API
REST, Scrum, Testing, Agile, Requirements Analysis, Continuous Delivery (CD), Continuous Integration (CI), Unit Testing, E2E Testing, Test-driven Development (TDD), Data Science, Microservices, DevOps
Microsoft Graph API, System Architecture, Front-end, User Experience (UX), User Interface (UI), Full-stack, Web App Development, Full-stack Development, Technical Leadership, Redux-observable, University Teaching, i18n, Responsive UI, Data Visualization, APIs, Code Review, GitFlow, Mobile Apps, Security, Team Leadership, Mobile App Development, CI/CD Pipelines, Architecture, Amazon RDS, Data Analysis, Lecturing, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Containerization, WebSockets, Machine Learning, Segment, Amazon Cognito User Pools, TypeORM
GitLab CI/CD, Celery, Git, Docker Compose, JSX, Sentry, Terraform, IntelliJ, PyCharm, Postman, Slack, RabbitMQ, Jupyter, Plaid, Amazon Cognito, GitHub, GitLab, Figma
Docker, Jupyter Notebook, Mailgun, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Netlify, Twilio, Visual Studio Code (VS Code), Kubernetes, AWS Lambda
Redis, PostgreSQL, Amazon S3 (AWS S3), MongoDB, Elasticsearch
Ph.D. in Software Engineering
Newcastle University - Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Master's Degree in Computer Security and Resilience
Newcastle University - Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Master's Degree in Information Security
Kazan State Technical University - Kazan, Russia
AWS Certified Solutions Architect
Amazon Web Services