Verified Expert in Engineering
Data Build Tool (dbt) Developer
Tom is an experienced data modeler with a decade of experience in the technology sector. He's worked across the data stack in various roles, including data scientist, analytics engineer, and data engineer. His professional experience includes data roles at Facebook and Miro, where he led data warehousing, data modeling, and data platform initiatives.
Docker, SQL, Apache Airflow, Python, Data Build Tool (dbt), Snowflake
The most amazing...
...project I've led was a greenfield dbt and Snowflake migration for a hyper-growth SaaS company, which quickly became the foundation of data for the business.
- Drove a cloud data warehouse migration to Snowflake.
- Implemented and oversaw development for a greenfield data build tool (dbt) project, growing to hundreds of contributors and thousands of models.
- Implemented key ingestion pipelines for a cloud data warehouse, encompassing dozens of data sources and over three billion daily records.
- Built and managed data infrastructure for a program's in-house CRM platform. Data infrastructure was used for sourcing new leads, monitoring program efficiency, and integrating data sources.
- Managed analytics for a new, experimental product developed for small businesses, including targeting criteria, feature-flags used during release, and developing insights about product adoption.
- Built and maintained lead-scoring models for an on-platform campaign that drove a 30% improvement in cost per campaign objective.
Data Engineer, Product Analyst
- Implemented Airflow and constructed the first data pipelines for the company.
- Managed the building and design of a data warehouse, including integrating data sources.
- Built a lead scoring system that automatically funneled leads to the sales team. The system included data enrichment, scoring, and result tracking.
- Built data pipelines and a scoring system to measure and track the prevalence of account sharing for a video streaming service.
- Created revenue and operations tracking dashboards for a sales channel of a US wireless carrier.
- Developed cost-allocation models to assess the profitability of individual enterprise customers for a US communications service provider.
Greenfield Airflow Deployment
The Airflow instance managed ETL jobs to ingest data from numerous sources, including the company's internal databases, applications, and 3rd-party data.
Additionally, the instance managed the company's first data transformation pipelines, helping standardize key metrics, including MAUs (monthly active users).
Lead Scoring and Recommendation System
Cloud Data Warehouse Migration
Python, SQL, R, Snowflake
Flask, Presto DB
Pandas, NumPy, Flask-RESTful
Amazon Athena, Apache Airflow, Docker Compose, Jupyter, Git
Data Science, Database Design
PostgreSQL, Redshift, MySQL, Database Architecture, MongoDB
Data Engineering, Analytics, Dashboard Design, Data Scraping, Data Mining, Modeling, Data Analytics, Data Build Tool (dbt), Amazon RDS
Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker, Ubuntu
Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics and Statistics
Boston University - Boston, Massachusetts
How to Work with Toptal
Toptal matches you directly with global industry experts from our network in hours—not weeks or months.
Share your needs
Choose your talent
Start your risk-free talent trial
Top talent is in high demand.Start hiring