Yan Yan Ng
Verified Expert in Engineering
Yan Yan is a proficient front-end web developer with four years of experience. Currently, she is working for Binance headquarters, the largest cryptocurrency trading platform in the world. She is used to fast-paced environments and is adaptable and versatile, able to suit a company's needs on the go. Yan Yan is highly regarded among her coworkers and receives frequent feedback on her efficiency.
The most amazing...
...team I've been part of is the one working on the crypto trading platform, which has over 30 million users with $7.7 trillion trading volume in 2021 alone.
- Built the Australian fiat channel, allowing users to trade crypto with Australian dollars (AUD). I was their only Australian-based front-end developer. In the 1st year, we had 500,000 verified unique users with over 20 billion AUD trade volumes.
- Created and maintained over 20 fiat payment channels across the globe, each tailored to their corresponding currency and country. We support 13 fiat currencies and have over 30 million users.
- Rated as an outstanding performer within their peer review system, with frequent keywords such as capable, responsive, efficient, and easy to communicate with.
Front-end Tech Lead
- Created from scratch a flight and hotel booking website that accepts cryptocurrency as payment. We have over 3,000 user sign-ups worldwide and achieved $1.5 million worth of flight and hotel bookings in 2019.
- Watched this startup company grow. When I first joined, I was one of the only two developers on the team. Our product was successful, and it grew fast. Within a year, we were a team of over 30, and I was the front-end lead.
- Built a payment system, allowing local businesses to accept cryptocurrency as payment. We established with hundreds of merchants and created Australia's first digital currency town where every local business in the city accepts cryptocurrency.
Binance.com | Fiat Deposit Withdrawhttps://www.binance.com/en/fiat/deposit/EUR
My role as the front-end developer is to work with a team of project managers, product designers, back-end developers, third-party providers, quality assurance engineers, security team, and other teams to deliver a fast, secure, responsive, high-quality user interface for a user to place their transactions.
Verified users follow a three-step process to complete their transaction:
1. Users pick their preferred currency and payment method like a bank transfer.
2. We check if they met the requirement, balance, risk rating, and local government compliance, often providing additional forms for users to complete.
3. User confirms the transaction, and we communicate with our third-party provider to complete the transaction.
Flight and Hotel Booking Websitehttps://www.travala.com/
My role as a front-end lead developer was to work with my front-end team, product manager, designer, tech leads, and back-end developers to create this booking platform.
My responsibilities included delicate tasks for my team members, developments, mentoring junior members, and code reviews.
MUI (Material UI), Tailwind CSS, Next.js, Unity, React Native, Ruby on Rails 4
React, jQuery, Node.js
Agile Project Management, REST
Teamwork, Front-end, Front-end Development, User Interface (UI), User Experience (UX), WebSockets, Graphic Design, Storybook
Jira, Figma, Kibana
PostgreSQL, MongoDB, MySQL, Redis
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
Queensland University of Technology - Brisbane, Australia
Diploma of Information Technology in Computer Science
Griffith College - Brisbane, Australia